How hard is it to install a supercharger if you are some what intelligent when it comes to working on cars but no where...

How hard is it to install a supercharger if you are some what intelligent when it comes to working on cars but no where near being a mechanic?

No

if you were somewhat intelligent you wouldnt ask Veeky Forums and would read a fucking book to learn how to do it yourself.

Yeah man there's only a handful of people that have supercharged the engine I have but I know everything about the process because one or two were nice enough to share with anyone who researches

i thought i was the only person that drank straight from the pitcher. thank you Veeky Forums, i have now found my wifu

If it's an engine that has a supercharger option and you're just adding it on it shouldn't be too difficult, but trying to do some kind of custom setup would be hard.
Something to note though, some engines that come from the factory with a supercharger have stronger internals to compensate, so adding a supercharger to an engine that came in a base model car (with the "same" engine) might not work out so well in the long run.
You would need to pay for tuning afterward too.

I'm doing it tomorrow ok and I have no formal training outside of a 7 month military school on electro optical ordnance where I learned basic hand tools. I'll let u know

Old car? Fairly easy.

New car? Programming required. Even a factory designed SC requires you to re-tune the car's ECU, so unless you have the program and know-how to do that, it won't matter how well you turn a wrench.

If it's a factory spec SC (i.e. TRD), just get them to install it for you. You're already paying $4,000 - what's another $700-1000?

Most engines will need their bottom end built stronger to take a supercharger. Even if the model was released with a supercharger option, that doesn't mean that the na model had the same strong engine internals. Only old, low compression v8s will take a supercharger stock and if that's what you have, you'll get more bang for buck by simply upgrading.

>woman drinking alcohol
DROPPED

>virginity

RETAINED.

Btfo

you'll fuck up pinning the crank. drop it off at the closest speed shop and have them take your money.

>what's another $700-1000?
About 20-25% more

And the cost of a new engine when you fuck it up? That extra install money usually brings warranty friendliness with it too.

About three

if you're nowhere near being a mechanic then you're not smart enough to work on cars.

Doubt.jpg
Mechanics are hardly the smartest of guys.
99% of mechanic jobs are with plug and play parts. Just unbolting shit and bolting shit back together. Most jobs are not hard. Especially if you have professional level equipment and a ramp. The work is dirty and mist people dont want to spend their weekend lying on the floor getting greasy.

Super charging an engine with a kit will be a piece of piss. If you have to fabricate your own brackets and air path it'll be much harder if you don't have any experience with fabraction. Then there's the engine calibration, which is another skill that is not exactly hard to learn, but takes time. I would say that knowing how to build a robust engine and tuning it correctly is much harder than bolting a few bits together.

You see this all the time on forums about plug and play ecus or turbo kits. Some kids buys the shit and installs it all fine because the people that know what they're doing have done their job making sure everything works off the bat, then the kid hasn't got a clue about making it drive well.

>Mechanics are hardly the smartest of guys.
Exactly my point. If you're not any smarter than those guys, what makes you think you can start applying forced induction systems to a car?

i read the op as hes smart, but doesn't have experience of undoing bolts then doing them back up again.

If you have to ask, you can't do it.
You asked, so it's much too difficult for your small underdeveloped brain.

Your car's engine has to be built for it otherwise prepare for overheating.

Let alone you just can't add a bolt on piece if there is no place to put it, it's one thing to just do an aftermarket part swap. Fabricating replacement materials is different compared to adding something that wasn't made to be put in under the hood.

You'll add more weigh to the car and the car can be off alignment, also you'll have to get your engine tuned and your transmission since you're adding more power.

The fuck is wrong with that? Enjoy not going to breweries with your gf or making her cocktails, you retarded virgin.