The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/268500/discussions/0/412446292761375422/
forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4200576-XCOM-2-Random-Seed
forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4202111-Is-the-RNG-seed-saved-with-the-save-game-now
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember Snek Lovers should be executed on sight.

Pistols are guns

Remember to love thy snek.

>50% chance to succeed
>Try, fail
>Change seed
>Try, fail
>Change seed
>Try, fail
>Change seed
>Try, fail
>Alt-F4

the seed doesn't change when you reload, user

>You start in N America and the only place you can go to is Asia

Fuck, I was even lucky enough to get 2 +1 resistance contact missions complete

Threadly reminder that he is the ELDER'S MOST LOYAL CHAMPION, and he has been favored with their blessings.

Bitch deployed, Commander.

>tfw reading XCOM smut
>see narcotic Muton semen

hmmmm

>$40 "expansion"\
>still has gay timers
yes preorder :^)

>preorders infront of you

Psh, nuffin personal kid

I probably will, thanks.

>still salty about timers after more than a year after release
ayy lmao

the seed changes when you reload and make other actions

And very Useful.

Do you guys ever miss being able to have a pistol as a secondary?

Use a cheat mod then, unless your on a garbage console lmao

No if the same guy shoots the same thing it's the same thing. The only thing I found that worked with being a faggot savescummer was hacking

I never used them on anyone but assaults on agent duty or snipers.

I didn't use them much, but it was good to have a secondary weapon when I'm out of ammo or a weapon that didn't kill the ayys I wanted to capture.
But they would be less useful in X2 since you can reload without ending your turn and there's no capture mechanic.

No, if you try to shoot something, reload, have someone else shoot something, then the seed will change afterwards

steamcommunity.com/app/268500/discussions/0/412446292761375422/

forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4200576-XCOM-2-Random-Seed

forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4202111-Is-the-RNG-seed-saved-with-the-save-game-now

Nope I've only see hacking change the outcomes, in which case they allowed hacking to change the seed but shots to not

Well then that's the same seed but a different combination. If 1. shoots at Sectoid 1 no matter how many times you reload 1. is always going to miss.

Making 2. shoot at Sectoid1. first still keeps the same seed. x+y doesn't always equal z. 1 will not always miss if 2,3,4 and 5 take their actions first. But the seed is still the same you've just changed a few variables

What's your #1 anticipated feature from WOTC?

replayability

>Unable to figure out which mods were previously used

New expansion changes most timers and mission requirements for the better

Skirmisher waifus

>Yet another run dies due to some mod causing the game to crash or not load something

Dating sim

The meme creator.

Either playing as Templar or getting my hands on the Hunter's rifle after killing him.

Covert missions, navigating urban maps with tons of lost, bonds ( I wonder if you can have them married since Jake did say they can be lovers") hero classes and fighting the chosen. I wonder if killing the warlock drops some psi weapon, he doesn't look like hes wearing an amp so maybe his gauntlets for the templar? Templar inside look when?

How many mods do you use?

all of them. every mod.

What if their not compatible?

I only ever use cosmetic mods, female Archon mod is pretty gud. Used to use overwatch all mod but it counted as one action so if you're facing an alien ruler he only reacts once.

Is it worth getting this game on console?

nah nigga

So who is the superior scientist? Tygan or Vahlen? Pls don't think with your dicks or burgers

Vahlen but tygan has good knowledge of how advent works

Inb4 the Chosen are Vahlen's second stage project to combine human+elder dna that also turned traitor and joined ADVENT.

Vahlen, she's much more enigmatic and energetic than Tygan.

Pls no bully Vahlen. She just needs that good old Bradford dicking.

I wish we get Pectoid commander in xcom 3, I mean Normal Sectoids evolve why couldn't the commander.

inb4 Vahlen is a witch working for the TFTD who played both Earth and the ayys into a conflict to see who would provide an adequate challenge for Cthulu

What would a Vahlen/Tygan hybrid look like?

An anal probing, gene splicing, burger eating monster.

Damn bruh that sucks. Thanks for telling me but I ain't got no choice if I wanna play it.

You can go to Germany to find out

Not that user, but besides from being stuck in vanilla, its kind of a hassle to pick unit and tiles with a controller, the controls aren't smooth since it was pretty much designed to be played with a mouse and keyboard.

I've been hungering for the templar inside look too user

I was actually kinda surprised they showed Warlock inside look first before the Hunter since Warlock is the equivalent of the Templar. I feel like next inside look will be the Hunter tho since the order has been Assassin, Reaper, Skirmisher then Warlock. They're really blue balling me here on that Templar lore.

Oh I know about the jank-ass controls. I meant more along the lines of are the console versions not getting all the cool meme shit like customization and photo booths and whatnot. The barebones customization that console versions got in the first game hurt bad.

I believe the console version is also getting the photo booth and all the features of WOTC. Do you not have a computer to play on user? Personally I'd recommend playing it on a pc but if your concern is if consoles aren't getting the whole WOTC experience then you shouldn't worry about that.

Where's the video that shows the ADVENT priest?

how often do we get these updates actually?

Once per week?

Inside Look happens every 7 days.

What will happen to ADVENT/Skirmishers after the war? Will they be executed by the mobs since they are technically alien?

they have a second wave option that doubles timers. Great for cheaters like you.

I wonder if some guy will ever port this for shits and giggles

Time to play this and WOTC till xcom 3 comes out.

War of the Chosen looks so baller. The more multi-leveled maps and the zombie chaos looks like it's gonna be tense as hell.

The ONLY thing that looks bad about it is how Nintendo fanboys will respond to it. They can't tell us forever that xcom is meaningless and nobody wants to play it and then go around praising it because now it has bing bing bing wahoo!

>XCom 2's next expansion
>activate several pods
>"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

I don't spend time on the internet interacting with shitty fanboys except for you guys

Jake said that you're supposed to interpret bonds however you please, not that they can be lovers. It's a YOUR DUDES thing, you can see bonds as love, friendship, rivalry, etc.

Int he context of XCOM2 Tygan is superior due to his knowledge of some of ADVENT's inner workings, but otherwise Vahlen.

This, they keep the definition of what exactly bonds are entirely up to you, they just tell you that the troops have formed a bond.

I think what Jake said was that he was expecting people to turn the Bonds into more of a dating mechanic before long.

I'm surprised there's no Xcom dating sim yet or is there

>Our time on this world is drawing to a close...
Why the fuck is the alien threat the Elders are afraid of coming out of the earth's crust?

And if the Chosen know that, why the fuck are they so happy to fight over a planet that's about to get assraped by Yog-Sothoth and the elder gods?

Now that we have way more classes than we do deployment slots, what sort of A-team are you expecting to run?

I'm thinking
2 Supports
Skirmisher
Reaper
Templar
SPARK

I'm also pretty tempted to download some sort of mod that will let me deploy 8 or more units so I can take 1 of everything but that's just my autism.

Is that the threat? I thought the purple light signified that the Elders did survive waterworld and the chosen doesn't know that, the Hunter says in the intro cinematic " I thought you were the strongest"

Can't have multiple heroes on the same squad.

Shit, when did they say that?

First of all, that cutscene's in week 2.

Second of all, this plays when the Ethereals are saying a greater battle awaits them. Everything points to this being the great enemy they fear.

Pretty early on, multiple times on r/XCOM.

I meant to say chosen's intro cinematic*, yeah I've played the level and I know that a lot of people think the purple light is the threat the Ethereals feared but then why would it be near their underwater base and from the dialogue I assumed the threat is still on the way. It's all speculation so I could be wrong and you could be right.

I would like to see the source if you have it as well.

But the tutorial mission has exactly that.

I've been having issues with additional class mods disabling the technical class for Long War 2, anybody know how to fix it? I'm currently reinstalling absolutely everything

Yeah, a reaper and a skirmisher working together

Well it is a tutorial mission, not sure how much info I would glean from that.

And why would they present impossible scenarios in a tutorial?

Yeah, a scripted story mission where you lose one of them right at the end, unavoidably...

S how much is the main story changing. Just some missions and having to fight those blue dudes if you don't kill them?

You see yourself ever using Shen or Dadford on the true tactical layer? Don't forget you exceed the squad limit with the SPARK in Shen's last Gift. Special missions can bend rules just as they please.

Well what we currently know is that the intro mission will be different (the reapers are gonna be the ones who discover you) and the ending will be different..

Not sure why we're arguing over the semantics of this when someone on your side could just present a quote from a dev saying only 1 hero per mission

idk, why would they put a sectoid commander in the XCOM 1 tutorial even though it's not a common enemy? Why do the ayyys break all the rules by shooting on activation?
Why does X2 tutorial give you Jane Kelly and always get the other rookie killed?
Also looks like you might be using six soldiers when you only have a squadsize of 4.

Scripted mission break the standard rules is my point, doesn't mean I'm saying that you won't be able to have multiple new classes in your group at the same time, just saying that mission is poor evidence.

You're right.

more evidence than your argument's coughed up

Oh, the possibilities of what unites your soldiers.

The Theban Band reborn

Just saying bro. I'm guessing the other user is still looking for the exact quote.

This, all this user is saying are that tutorials and special missions aren't proof of whats to come since they do bend the rules. I do think you can have more than 1 hero class (unless you guys can provide the source proving otherwise) since the whole WOTC is uniting the other factions and it will be such a shit mechanic if you can't put them in the same squad.

Yeah, this seems fishy. If reddit is where they got their claim I'm going to quickly check with the freaks there to see if it's true.

Thanks user

Just got my answer, you can bring more than one per mission, so those guys were bullshitting.

Thanks for the Answer kind user. As I said kinda ridiculous you can only bring 1 per faction (I mean its not the smartest move since fatigue to bring all 3) since the whole point is uniting the other resistance groups.

I'm pretty sure Jake even said that you could bring more than one to a mission back in his big E3 interview, so yeah, this is what I expected.

XCOM has always let you run weirdass squad compositions for the hell of it, like all MECs/SHIVs etc.