Now that the second season of the show is about to air, what was Veeky Forums's opinion on it...

Now that the second season of the show is about to air, what was Veeky Forums's opinion on it? How did it compare to Top Gear UK?
In my opinion, I feel that the GT40 Le Mans film is one of the best made in the past 10 years (Top Gear and The Grand Tour included).

I'll tell you when the second season is done?

considering they had to make Top Gear without it being Top Gear i think they did quite well. thankfully they're dropping the celebrity brain crash shit and replacing the american, which are the two biggest complaints it seems to be.

plus we've been getting these vids of them trying to find a replacement driver which feel very old top gear-y, in a good way

SHUT UP the le man film was boring as fuck, I skipped that shit

It took a few episodes for them to get their stride, and by the last episode, it was like a more casual Top Gear with less editing.

I love the show and hope they continue to evolve with Grand Tour.

it felt too scripted.
like all the fucking challenges they did like the greener car one and the namibia special everything felt like it was meticulously planned.

I do not give a shit about them because everything they do is scripted to fuck.

>hating literally one of the most interesting and popular stories in automotive history

That video was great and it made me read Go like hell.

Too scripted or not I liked the few episodes of it I watched even if they weren't as good as Top Gear was in it's prime. Anyway I now want to watch to rest of it, what is the best place to watch or download the episodes?

Top Gear was better, but GT is just starting. They had to, and likely have with this season, overcome some shit while still looking like it was Top Gear.

I like the fact they never interviewed the people, though. I hated those stupid celebrity mash-ups.

Miss the cool-wall, though. Being honest.

>"HELLO EVERYONE, It's me Mr. Demuro. I was asked by Mr Clarkson to test ride the cars, btw here check the new Agera bla bla bla bla bla bla."

They might be too old by the time this show hits its stride

the first season is available as torrents, /t/ should have them somewhere

Formula is getting stale.

I'd actually like to see them tone it down, a lot, and start reviewing normal cars for normal people again.

Clarkson Top Gear in its prime>Harris Top Gear>>The Grand Tour>Clarkson Top Gear at its worst>>>Evans Top Gear

This.
Top Gear was at its best when it either explored really weird and exotic stuff, had stupid challenges or did ridiculous things to "test" regular cars.
There's only so many you can do while powertesting supercars, mercs and bimmers, it can't stay fresh forever.

The best parts of TG were always the 500 pound shitbox challenges.

Yeah, precisely because those featured the least amount of scripting, or were at least the most plausible in the scripting they had because the cars were actual junk.

I hope it's less scripted this season, I'm glad they're dropping the stupid celebrity brain crash/death nonsense this season, and replacing the American, hopefully, they'll be like the Stig and just shut the fuck up while driving. I hope they do more classic TG stuff like said.

So old old top gear when clarkson wasn't grey up top and and gave reviews that were more than just "powerrrrrrrr"?

Yep.

>ONE POUND!