Cheapest, most effective, most customizable wrench racks money can buy: solid 12 gauge THHN wire...

Cheapest, most effective, most customizable wrench racks money can buy: solid 12 gauge THHN wire. Just wrap the wire tightly around a broom handle.

I got this idea off of Pinterest. No, I don't have a Pinterest account, but I did find the pics by googling.

To be clear, these are my pics of my cabinet, but the original idea came from Pinterest pics.

Above is my metric drawer. This is my standard drawer.

And these are my big wrenches.

By the way, those ratcheting wrenches in the front are extra long Gearwrench spline drive flex heads. They are fucking *glorious*, and only cost 1/3 of what a similar set of Snappys cost.

yeah if you have enough space to store your sockets vertically in a drawer (wtf?) you're already wasting a shitload of space

this

As opposed to what, lying them down flat? That makes no sense.

Badass setup you got there.

>not just throwing everything in your bag/drawer and going for a scavenger hunt every time

casual

THNN is solid you fucking retard.
Saying solid THNN is fucking retarded.
Also that's fucking retarded, Why do you fucking hipster types think that "life hacks" are fucking cool? They're not. They're trash. It makes your entire life trash.

Maybe he's not a poorfag and can afford a giant-ass craftsman toolbox?

Are you alright?

>Le Craftsman meme
Craftsman doesn't hold weight in a post boomer world.
Craftsman is poverty spec mate, your $600 tool box isn't impressive, you can get a big box store brand that blows it out of the water for the same price.
Stuffing the brand name before your item is hilarious posturing. No one is impressed by your poverty m8. Kys.

My Craftsman is American made unlike that Harbor Freight or Lowe's Chinese made horseshit.

does not look very convenient

Brock, don't you have work to do? Slackin as always lol

Doubt it, but even if it's American made that doesn't make it better. Lowes boxes are nice for their price. So are Husky, Dewalt, and Milwaukee.
Much nicer than any craftsman box produced in the last 100 years.

>Lowes boxes are nice for their price.
As a Lowes assembler, I disagree.

This

>where the fucking shitting fuck is the 10 mil
ywn know this feeling

I have no clue what "THNN" wire is, but THHN wire, which I used, and which I recommend, comes in both solid and stranded varieties. And because the stranded doesn't work as well (or really at all), that's why I specifically called out solid.

who hurt you, sport?

>not having a snapon toolbox

lmao

My first choice would be a Macsimizer, but Snappy's rock, too. But as a home diy'er, I just can't see spending that kind of cash. It is what it is, my Craftsman will work just fine for my needs.

At least my box isn't a POS Horror Fraught US General. When I got my Craftsman, I had actually stopped at HF first, but because of a big "parking lot" sale, they were out of the one I went to look at. That actually turned out to be a good thing, indeed.

I went to my local "hometown" Sears store, and they had my USA made (except for the casters) Craftsman Professional box in stock, on sale, and only $100 more than what the US General cost. And I'm telling you, the Craftsman truly is a much nicer box. The drawers are a hell of a lot smoother, the welds just look much better, and the fit and finish are just worlds apart from the HF bullshit. It was well worth the $100.

I also have my dad's Craftsman from 1979/80-ish that he handed down to me. It's still rocking strong, and even though it's not ball bearing like my new box, the drawers still slide smoothly.

Well that's neat but I still like my dollar store cutlery trays.

That makes no damn sense. If you store them horizontally then you're wasting the drawer's vertical space.

how's the quality on Stanley's black chrome/whatever the fuck line? just for casual wrenching nawmsayin

So long as they're fine tooth, with a thin profile, nothing wrong with Stanley. Stanley actually owns both Craftsman and Mac now. I had a thin head Stanley fine tooth 3/8 with a comfort handle in the past, and I actually like it a whole lot. Fucker grew legs on me, and I'm still pissed about it.

But serious about the fine tooth thing. If they are like 30 tooth or whatever, pass. You want at least 72. Once you start using fine tooth ratchets, you'll get spoiled as a mofo. My ratchets are all Snappy's now, both the 100 tooth round heads, and the Dual 80 standard teardrop head. Of course, my TLLF72 1/4" probably cost what that entire set of Stanley's cost, so there's that. If you're not wrenching a *lot*, there's really no reason to go Snap-On.

Once you do get past doing shit like brake jobs though, start upgrading your ratchets one piece at a time, and buy used. All of my ratchets and screwdrivers are Snap-On, because to me, there's nothing else that comes close. They have all been either handed down to me from my dad and father-in-law, or I've picked them up off of FB, CL, or eBay. I haven't bought one single piece off of the truck, because my asshole is exit only, thankyouverymuch.

bitter faggot

I have the same style, except sold by Husky back in 2010. I think Wal-Mart carries the stanley's.
I've used them everytime I've worked on my car for the last 7 years, and I have used impacts on them sometimes, but nothing extreme. The swivels are pretty loose, but I have put that 3/8th through a lot, and it still works great.
My only problem is my 1/4" ratchet needed to be greased, it started never engaging for some reason, after greasing it it worked fine though.
I try to avoid 1/4 sockets anyway, I use the screw driver handle when I need to use 1/4.

Skookum for normal use.

Picrelated, my version of that tool kit

I always use shallow drawers for low profile things, sockets, screwdrivers, pliers

deep drawers for things in blow mold cases, grease guns, hammers, 3/4 jaw pullers

>Blow molds

And you think *I'm* the one wasting space?!?!

the cases aren't much bigger than the tool and keep all the small pieces together that if lost make the thing useless

I can understand why people pay premiums for higher quality ratchets, as they have moving components that can break or come apart.

I will never understand why someone would need brand name screw drivers however. Unless they are made with better alloys, or something. Enlighten me.

Much better metal and much tighter tolerances. Plus the handle designs actually fit your hand, letting you get the maximum torque while not causing pain.

Do yourself a favor: go on eBay, get yourself a Snappy #2 philips. You should be able to score one well under $20. (They're $23.75 brand new). Once you start using it, I'm telling you, you'll get hooked. Hand tools have "feel" to them.

Think of it this way: have you ever used a $1 hammer from Big Lots, then used a good hammer like a Plumb or Estwing? I mean, it's just a piece of steel on the end of a stick. What difference would it make? ;)

I dunno man. I've never been using a screwdriver and thought to myself, "gosh darnit I wish I had a better screwdriver" (unless it was the wrong size)

Other tools absolutely. I had a cheap ratchet break on me in the middle of disassembling a bed while moving somebody (used to work for a moving company) and that was just plain embarrassing. I use hammers every day while I set up forms for concrete work (current job) and yes, there is a huge difference in hammer quality out there, as well as hand saws for cutting lumber.

But for the life of me I cannot think of a situation where the job required a high quality screwdriver. I dunno man, I'm just skeptical.

When you get a rusty stuck fastener, and you don't want the the fucking thing to strip out, but you want the thing to actually come out, that's why you use a quality screwdriver instead of a piece of shit.

Like I said, you have to try it for yourself so you know what we're talking about. The feel of a good screwdriver is exactly like the feel of a good hammer, and you'll quickly figure out that yes, there absolutely are differences between a quality tool and a piece of shit.

Agreed 100%.
The moment you feel the bit do the "playdough slide" slightly on a stuck fastener with cheaper tools, you know you're about to have to get inventive to get that bastard out.