Why was Ford the first to discover ecoboost technology?

Why was Ford the first to discover ecoboost technology?

you would think the rest of the world would be ahead of America but instead they're behind.

>le shitpost face
All of the big 3 had plenty of turbo cars in the 80's

ford was first

I thought the corvair was the first turbo car in existence.

When will Ford compete with the Corvette? I'm wishing for a V8 twin turbo from Ford.

?

Ford is sorry for being white, sorry for being male and sorry for making V8s so when given the chance to put a god-tier V8 in the Ford GT they went trans and put a V6 in it.

S M H!

I meant a mass produced sports car like the Corvette. I would buy it because I like Ford's styling better.

>look! we stole technology from ford!
>autism speaks
lol

Stop shitposting, the Jetfire was the first turbocharged production car.

retard alert

You would think other car manufacturers would figure out what ecoboost would be

Ford went ahead and marketed the GT for it's V6 twin-powered ecoboost for normal cars, instead of marketing themselves as creators of fine exotics. The CEO at the time fucked it up big time.

it's embarrassing really. everyone at le mans got raped by a modified f150 engine. lol

why do you cunts reply to bait threads
sage goes in all fields

lol seeething

@18265960
its more like disappointment

why do you feel the need to click on bait threads and ask why people reply to bait threads?

he's obsessed

Saab was the first to have a production turbo

Because how else will the plebs learn if they haven't learned by themselves at this point?

Bump

>more air = bigger bang

is this how burgercar companies communicate with their clientèle?

Test bump

audible kek

A thread had to die for this
Sage

>Ford literally just rebranded Mazda's 2.3 DISI turbo to make the 2.3L Ecoboost
Ford is just good at marketing and engineering that's at 90% of the bleeding edge. They're not innovative per se (they have been in the past), but modern Ford is all about taking an existing, well established idea and doing it a fraction better than the entire competition. Or not, the Voodoo is dogshit compared to all other modern flatplane V8's.

>he believes i won't just bump it
you cannot stop me. lol

report more. literally seeething
>voodoo is dogshit
and yet it's still faster than a Ferrari 458 Italia. LOL!

That means the Mustang chassis is better than the 458's. The engine is objectively worse in every measurable way. Maybe the next GT500 will be faster than the 488 around the track, now that would cause some butthurt.

>the engine is objectively worse
and yet it makes more torque than the shitalia.

try again

>maybe the next gt500 will be faster than the 488
why? the gt already did that with a v6 lol. Ferrari is trash

>Ford the first to discover ecoboost technology?
Actualy they didn´t develop most of these engines themselfes, for example:
>1.0L Ecoboost
Developed by FEV and Dunton.
>2.3L Ecoboost
Mazda engine

Also:
>"""""""""maximum effciency"""""""""
Yea, these engines are actualy less efficient than a 90s SOHC Honda ECA1 engine.
To produce 1 kWh of energy the ECA1 requires 215 g of fuel while the 1.0 ecoboost requires 245 g of fuel.
Also the ECA1 has that efficiency in the area you mostly use when cruising on a highway or drive in a city.
Meaning that if you put both engines in the same car, the ECA1 will use less fuel.

Here the specific fuel consumptions of some engines:
>ECA1 215 g/kWh
>2ZR-FXE 220 g/kWh
>Skyactive 2.0 223 g/kWh
>1KRFE ESTEC 226 g/kWh
>1NZ-FXE 230 g/kWh
>1KR-FE (old) 244 g/kWh
>1.0L Ecoboost 246 g/kWh

You can clearly see that the ecoboost is ot even close the more efficient naturaly aspirated engines on the market.

>mazda
owned by ford

Not anymore.

They're not wrong, and you have to have an understanding of combustion to even get that phrase.

>GT350: 582Nm/5.2L = 111.9Nm/L
>458 Italia: 540Nm/4.5L = 120Nm/L
Guess which has the better specific output, specific torque, BMEP and BSFC. The Ferrari engine is better in every objectively measurable way.

wrong, the modular is better

post a ferrari engine running the quarter in 5 seconds

this is ultra cuck