/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1cnQeURGCjHTRPOGJH8G5ijP1fw5vbVWSE7opABcBpNk
>Mod Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1JPA0hQZVJ6mSvTsp6Sy3CoAkObJOKeoPHEamDC19Lio
>Miscellaneous Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/103nyaAM5PKgBwuZ35jRbv7VM7tEcvi1Scv6boOMe1RM
>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Editing_trader_files
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
>Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
>Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Editing_trader_files
Thanks dude...Now to spend the next day fixing the values...If you ask why its just because I sell mutant parts.

delet this

>a whole day

why this wouldn't take you 5-10 minutes tops with notepad++ is beyond me

Hey guys,
I'm trying to patch my pirated copy of SoC to 1.0004 from 1.0. I'm using the one found under "Downgrade Patches" in the OP. It worked on a previous installation of the game just last night, but after having to uninstall and reinstall I can no longer make it past the loading screen before I get a CTD.

>Loading CFORM...

>FATAL ERROR
>[error]Expression : fatal error
>[error]Function : >CResourceManager::_GetBlender
>[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\ResourceManager.cpp
>[error]Line : 49
>[error]Description :
>[error]Arguments : Shader 'hud\crosshair' not found in library.

Any idea what's up?

I probably shouldn't weigh in since I don't know what I'm talking about, but using a DOWNgrade patch to go from 1.00 to 1.0004 seems like a contradiction in terms.

I figured a patch was a patch and I'd be replacing the files either way. That said, I get the impression something is missing based on the error log.
Would it be best to upgrade to 1.0005 then go back down to 1.0004?

You dumb fucking nigger get the 1.0004 patch

I would, but I've scoured the internet for a DRM-free 1.0004 patch with no luck.

It depends heavily on what's being downgraded and what's been changed between versions of that thing, but generally speaking it's not safe to assume that a downgrade patch is like a normal patch because a downgrade patch can assume that the user has certain things that were added in a later version and merely rewrite/overwrite some files through duplicate naming conflicts.

If version 1 of my game doesn't have file_7.txt but every version after that does then a downgrade patch from version 3 to version 2 isn't going to include file_7.txt because, as a downgrade, it assumes the file already exists and that there's no need to include it. That's why you might end up missing files if you use a downgrade patch instead of a regular patch.

As the other guy said, you have made a dumb nigger mistake, you big silly.

Find a better torrent with a more recent version of the game for you to downgrade. I imagine the vast majority of torrents of the GOG version will do.

The 1.0005 patch is on stalker-game.com, I assume it works for DRM-free copies. Downgrade from there.

I see. Thanks for helping a foolish nigra understand.
It doesn't, but 1.0005 is easy enough to find a crack for and then downgrade from there.

i'm playing LA 1.4002 and I noticed enemies are passive and they never attack me. Has anyone encountered the same bug?

I want to try Doppelganger, but I can't find much info. The DoppelgangER.7z in the repo seems to be new. Is that all I need?

>I want to try Doppelganger
No, you don't
>using the repo
Stop

Please, my Slavic blood doesn't let me, I must try.

>playing Clear Sky
>best armor with 5 slots is SEVA which is garbage unless you upgrade its bullet resist, which you can only get by siding with the bandits, which are bugged to shit and can make the game impossible to finish
>large weapons like the lmg and svd lower my sens to retarded levels for no reason
>just now got a stamina artifact 70% through the game in yantar

ogsm sounds good for you negr

>I want to be instantly overpowered

>being able to to run for longer than 5 seconds and regen stamina while walking is op

for

You can run longer without artefacts you stupid fucking tool motherfucker ass titties cunt piece of shit waste of space

i dont like having to spend 2000 rubles on 10 energy drinks or taking my armor off to get randomly one shot by a bandit cause the game is retarded and cant put a low tier energy artifact earlier in the game

Bitching won't help you

I need a friend.

You don't make friends like that you idiot

I'll be your friend. We can play ray of hope when it comes out.

Fuck you ;)

bring me 5 bottles of vodka and i'll think about it

Are there even any anti-rad artifacts in CoC?

End life

How the fuck is this page 10 in 20 minutes

Because shitposters

How the fuck do I prevent quest/essential NPCs from dying in JP2? I got a big read message saying that "Tolik has died."

Apart from being far away from them?

Due to bugs I missed Streloks cache the first time in the area. I am now at Military camps (freedom) and cannot find out how to get south past bar because Duty is hostile since I joined freedom. Should I just kill duty? Will this have repercussions? Is there another way?

This is my first time playing btw.

No way back without committing mass murder.

duty is much stronger than me right now. I guess I will do jobs up at freedom for a while.

If you already fucked up enough to make them mad there's no way to un-mad them without rolling back your save, so have fun killing fifty dudes every time you go to the bar.

how is it that people join factions then? is it assumed you dont join a faction until right before you finish game and leave those areas for the final levels?

Freedom is the only faction you can actually join. I mean, you have to do a mission to kill a bunch of Duties right off the bat so I feel like you should pretty much know what you're getting into.

Fuck I'm bad at this

hmm I was under the impression you could join duty. why not?

Never mind, I'm retarded. I thought it just changed your rep without technically changing your faction.
The actual difference is that Duty asks if you want to join or not but Freedom just does it without telling you after a certain mission.

If you're really autistic about it you can do all the missions for both groups without becoming enemies with either.

how do i kill nimble in OGSE without turning half the village hostile to me. as far as i know, there are no explosive barrels nearby for me to blow him up with

Uh... PTRS?

Where can I learn how to create npc's and tasks for coc?

Notepad

What's the most fun mod?

Narodnaya Solyanka cumulative pack 2 aka Joint Pak 2 (JP2)

Reach + Slenderman

Is Call of Chernobyl still being updated? Been a while since the 1.4.22 patch.

Yes

Arsenal advance mod pack

Is this an informed answer or a hopeful one?

Nigga did I stutter?

Stare at the abyss long enough, and the abyss stares back.

thats deep dude......

I just started playing lost alpha after noticing it's been updated, it crashes in dx10 and the lighting seems to be completely full-bright when running it in dx11, what gives?

)))

>want to download meme mod
>get warned about meme mod
>download meme mod anyways
>get memed on
>be surprised at this

>not being death incarnate
))))))))))))))

i kill dog many bullet gone))

fug
wuld b proud, if u not waist bulit)))

>nato shit
The only thing to fear is your gun exploding into shrapnel

Exoslut, natoslut wanna come over and be daddies slut?

)))

CoC 1.5 when?

>I can finish off CWP fairly soon hopefully, I think AO3 and OWR3 will have to be delayed for a little while
>I'll try to get CWP done this weekend so you can upload 1.5

The same time as gunslinger and woodworm

>Strelok

Yeh

Why are there so few quest mods for coc? Couldn't the side missions from the other games be ported over at least?

Because good dynamic quests are hard to write and what's the point of adding static quests to a freeplay mod

I'm gonna replay cop. I like weapon mods. ao, stcop, owr or shocker? Not sure if there were any others.

What the fuck does this scope mount on?

hunting rifles you dumb AO nigger
>artyom
kill yourself

There's no c in Shoker you daft cunt.

Is the STCoP port for Call of >Misery stable?
Feeling a bit tired of normal CoC and want to try something newish.

I'm playing with STCOP you double nigger.

Thanks for the help gayboy. Now go finish putting on your eyeliner so I can put my dick in your butt.

I just started playing JP2.

What the fuck is this shit in JP2? See below. Awesome, btw.

>I haven't left the Cordon yet. I'm doing starter quests. Playing on Veteran.
>I go to the tunnel east of the car park. Kill the Bloodsuckers with extreme tactics, mainly by using the guy nearby for the first 3-4 and then camping on that concrete block at the tunnel entrance.
>Recover the suit and Wolf's razor.
>Insane amount of zombies spawn.
>Have an idea.
>I lead them alongside the fence to the military base. After a few tries the soldiers engage. APC seems to only care about me.
>Using my binoculars I witness their useless resistance against my horde.
>The image of insane loots in my mind is getting stronger. Need a tactics to deal with the APCs. I only have starter gear.
>Suddenly loud gunfire noise. I take a look: APC is finally doing it's job. Fuck yes.
>It's dark. I'm calmly watching the futile resistance of the soldiers.
>Suddenly insane siren starts. What the flying fuck? Some dude is talking with red text in chat. A helicopter appears. Okay, military boys are on me, time to hide.
>I go underground. Some kind blowout or something happens and monsters appear. What the fuck? I thought they are trying to kill the zombies. I die.
>Reload save. I realize there is a new autosave there called "Hour of Terror".
>I Google it. It's supposedly some shit at night where monsters rape everyone and it has nothing to do with me trying to rape the military guys.

So... what the fuck is the Hour of Terror in JP2?

What a sick blog. I saw some dogs today it was crazy.

the groza

yes

Mutants right after a blowout

>CoC crashes every time I click new game
What did he mean by this?

post a log
inb4 you're retarded and didnt patch the game

heh

did you kill da strelok?

Beat CoP and SoC, trying to get into CS. Should I play it vanilla or is there a recommended mod that deals with how annoying the faction events are?

giv link

it's in the OP

Yepp. See

>S.T.AL.K.E.R. Wake of Fukushima

Set 30 years after the Fukushima NPP disaster, Japan have experienced a second economic boom. Most of the landmass is covered by dense cities, but a strange forest surrounding the region of the NPP have proven unable to be removed. You play as Kenshiro Toyama, a young engineer tasked with finding the source of the unexplainable forest, but after being dropped in to the zone around the plant and having had radio contact cut off from your superiors, you are about to find out whether the rumors of strange supernatural phenomena and horribly mutated animals in the zone around Fukushima are true or not...