/scgedg/ Star Dangerous Space General: We Found The Secret to Survival Edition

the secret was starting the thread a day before AtV happens

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe
Be aware, Thargs are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI

youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/pmUsuxhf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

today's AtV: youtube.com/watch?v=I_rSQGavuiI

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Old thread:

hi guys EVE > everything

>CIG does Fallout better than Bethesda.webm

>Congrats for surviving.
HOWEVER OP YOU DIDN'T ADD THE VERSION NUMBER. PLEASE DELETE THE THREAD AND MAKE A NEW ONE. THE LATEST THREAD SHOULD BE #181 IF I'M CORRECT.

The one before that one was 179, so this one 180 and the correct new one will be 181

Not saying much.

DJELET THIS AND MAKE NEW

delete yourself and make no.

Knowing CIG you can be sure that even FO4 fully randomized shit loot is more rewarding that what you'll find in those wrecks.

reminder that the cutlass black is the best shipfu and if you haven't bought one yet you're a fuckin idiot and you're gonna be sorry when it gets a $100 price hike.

>all windmills look in different direction
>each and every one spins with the same speed as others

Reminder that 3.0 never ever.

But user, FIDELITY >>> useful UI that provides the player with all information he might need!
Have you seen trading UI, for example? Do you think anyone but Chris finds this clusterfuck superior to good old 2D window? Chris doesn't even realize that a LOT of people who backed his game have shit PCs and interacting with such screens when your game is a laggy mess is far from being an enjoyable experience.

To be fair this would actually be perfectly fine if the camera snapped to the display's edges and stopped moving while you're interacting with it.
It's probably an easy fix and they'll do it if enough people complain.

GAS THE THARGOIDS SPACEWAR NOW

>a LOT of people who backed his game have shit PCs
just buy a new PC then

The way Prey (2017) handled screens is an example of the concept done well.

It still blows my mind, though, howE:D has the worst fucking UI in existence. It's all flash over function and provides you with very little useful information.

>hmm, i wonder if i should go to the forums and present my opinion that the UI for Item 2.0 is obtrusive in places?
>nope, better just bitch about it on Veeky Forums where nobody who is in a position to actually say anything will admit they've been browsing
Then again I'm sure you'd get about ten thousand "ITS WORK IN PROGRESS" replies anyway.

>Chris doesn't even realize that a LOT of people who backed his game have shit PCs

>ei guise check out this flamin cool JAY-PEGG it was only 15k USD +tip :)
>i-i hope the game will run on my second hand $300 HP laptop....

>With LTI don't ever have to pay for the plan itself, but you still have to pay a percentage of the value of the ship as a premium when you lose your ship and want to get it replaced
solo capital ship fags eat fucking shit lmao

if you don't have any insurance you could lose your ship permanently right?

Yep. The way timed insurance will work is that with, say 6-month insurance, you'll have to pay a fee every 6 months for the insurance plan. They've said you'll be notified before you leave your hangar in a ship that "hey you don't have any insurance dude", but you'll be able to ignore it at your own peril.

i've never paid any insurance in eve and tend to keep it that way.usury is haram inshallah

Are free CCUs being deleted? I want to see how the aurora/mustang reworks go before I choose one or the other.

insurance isn't usury.

you're right but some consider it a form of gambling

go away stupid mudslime

>fifteen hours doing missions
>not one navy rank up mission

There has to be some kind of a trick to finding this shit.

first i'll steal your ingame waifu then i'll rape your irl women

I am my in-game waifu what kind of fag would play as a dude?

please reply

holy shit fdev is going to nerf quince soon this shit is way too lucrative

>happy hour
>these fucking designers
>AU
>it's uuuuuh, like uuuuuh, the distance from the earth to uuuuuuh, the moon?
>no it's the sun
>it's the time it takes light so we're 8 AU away because it takes light 8 minutes to reach us

>1 AU = 1 light-minute
lol that'd be such a retarded unit

>Knowing CIG
do you know something the rest of us don't about how CIG, who has never made a game before this one, prefers to structure their loot scaling, given there's basically no loot in the game thus far, but you can find pretty much anything that is in the game for free if you know where to look?

>This is a question we get all the time, so let's put it to bed. Will mining be in 3.0?
>No.
>No?
>No.

I'd say get the miles eckhart cup team on this pronto, but really they're only pointing in two directions so it makes sense they'd spin at the same rate, especially how slow they are going; they could easily have been stirred up by a short gust and are now see-sawing back and forth due to their uneven weight distribution. also, the one in the back seems to be moving slower than the rest, and also appears to be slightly slanted to the rest. fidelity uncompromised.

What will be in the famous 3.0 then ? A new kind of press button ?

only pretending, right?

cargo
moons
ship interaction
new ships and items

Eh?

You will need THE Press Button Starter Pack at 15 bucks

What's new ? 5 years and no cargo or ship interaction ?

>The Cyclone
???

OY VEY

Reminder to ignore shitposts.

GIVE US MORE FUND$ GOY

>The Cyclone ?

I think I'm doing shit with my reputations in Elite, any good guides to explain quickly how it works ?

>$45 to $70
is it a ground vehicle?

It's probably that "tumbril" thing they tried to generate completely artificial hype about. Some ground-based cargo hauler, like a scifi forklift.

>caterpillar can have two cargo modules, or it can have fifteen of them
is this just a misinformed artist or have they changed their stance on this once again? I would love to be able to overburden my cat and turn it into a ghetto hull-D or do pic related with it, with all the weight/thrust ratio consequences that would imply.

>asymetrical spaceship
Come on guys, come on

They touched on this in Happy Hour. The artist was incorrect. The Caterpillar's max module count is not 15.

>full server room for Herald+ capabilities
>tractor beam, dragonfly bay, 2 turrets for Cutlass+ tier raiding
>hull habitation unit for troop transport
>breakaway command unit
>still at least as nimble as a freelancer
I want this ship so bad now. it would be such a comfy household style ship like a bebop or firefly with none of the fat slow drawbacks that reality would impose on those ships outside a TV show.

super gay. did they go into any detail about it, like saying 'it's locked at 4 units', or were they intentionally vague about it as usual saying 'the artist was wrong' and giving no further clarification as usual? I bet it was the latter. why the fuck is ben so bad at explaining shit.

They didn't say what the maximum module count is, no. Just that it's less than 15.

That thing rides the border of hideous and beautiful.

it looks like an eve ship to my untrained eye

Asymmetry bullshit

I really do like the look of the Cat, if only it was a little smaller.

i want a big black caterpillar

How is your job as a unpaid human NPC?

>unpaid

At best you can look at Freelancer (game), the loot wasn't particularly good but then again, the game was a fraction of what it was meant to be, extremely linear and with no dynamics economy. Once you knew what to do you could make money like most game

Man i enjoyed trading jump gate parts to the Tau-31 construction site.

1st: the insurance time was said to be TIME SPENT INGAME, so 2 month of insurances would be already ridiculously long
2nd: LTI have been nerfed, it don't concern the equipment like engine, it will be funny to see wave of Whales with bare hull trying to make money to buy back their engines and guns
and third there's the timer on the replacement

Also caught that, I do hope they come back to the original concept of completely modular ship
I would love to try transforming the ship into a cheapass capital ship with turret module

LTI queens will cry all day long to CIG about muh early backer exclusives.

of course unpaid, those PLEX addict serve as npc for free, liking your job don't mean it's not a job.

>unpaid
You need to think harder user

>LTI have been nerfed, it don't concern the equipment like engine, it will be funny to see wave of Whales with bare hull trying to make money to buy back their engines and guns
They literally said that LTI gives you the ship with stock parts. You don't need to buy new engines unless you upgraded your engine with aftermarket parts.

I see 2016 threads talking about Sothis as a good system for long range hauling with nice payout, is it still viable ?

You only do Fed rep Boom Delivery between there and Ceos, and those aren't available all the time.

So it's not really interessing

just how p2w will this game be? this is the first time i even noticed it since i dont normally pay attention to mmos.

Which game fagwad

>3.0 one year late and with 50% of the features originally announced
>still not gonna get our hands on it for another month
>lap it up like a good cuck and go crazy everytime they show some scripted footage of this and that
What causes this? Is this a coping mechanism or just retardation?

It's a quick way to get Fed rep if you are close to rank. It's pretty far out though. I did use it to get my last rank for my Sexual Assault ship, so it's good for what it is.

I'm gonna give it a try then, I have enough money to re-buy my ship if I lost it anyway

Short term backer who hasn't seen the shit leading up to this. All the criticism is silenced by calling you a goon, so there is not much point in bringing it up outside here.

>not the game with ships costing over 100 USD

It's no risk. Boom delivery is just non cargo delivery runs. You may get interdicted, but just submit and high wake out if you can't beat the computer.

If you're talking about Star Citizen, hardly at all. Everything will be earnable in-game with a reasonable amount of effort. The combat is largely skill-based, as well.

The expensive ships you see in the store are there primarily to give people who want to invest a lot into the game a way to do so. Some of them are more expensive than they should be for the sake of limiting the number of that type of ship in the game. For example, you wouldn't want a thousand capital ships flying around day one on launch.

ayy lmao

I mean obviously people are going to dismiss you when you start calling then retarded cucks.

E:D is completely P2W since the addons required for boosting your ships

Star Citizen will technically stop once the game release, whales with LTI ship will have a good start and cheaper & timed replacement but once you got above that, the only P2W feature will be to buy a capped amount of ingame money to avoid grind.

It help that SC is not shaping to be very competitive, no matter what org believe, they'll still be outnumbered by npc whom will comprise 80% of all ships

It's pretty extreme hyperbole on both sides. The NMS fanboys have grieved long enough and a lot of them are on spectrum. Their extreme theorycrafting circlejerk is as annoying as the fucks who still think croberto is running with the money, 5 years later.

topkek
Why they just can't give correct date ? It's like a girl blue balling by teasing you

Because they don't know what it is? Release date drama is why they stopped giving us release dates at all, and just give us the raw dev schedule with internal targets.

Weird since they are the puppy of a bank now

>muh loan
Fuck off, retard.

You're retarded.

I know

*your retard

So, SC is going to use the current rebuy mechanic, but if you can't afford it you have to wait a day for the price to decay, or be a crew on another ship to get paid in the mean time.

How many beggars with no rebuy do you think will stack up?

>Doing the Navy grind
>making a surprising amount of cash.

Ten mil. in. I'll easily be able to buy my ship the moment I get rank.

The best part is, the mechanic won't prevent people from suicide rushing an objective until they're out of money.

>use the ingame money I saved from getting LTI to also buy equipment insurance
real hard

>bitch about space planes
>also bitch about asymmetry
the fuck do you want? wingless tubes?

what about nature's perfect shape?

Are there any plans for how many systems SC will ultimately have? 100 is pretty scant.