/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Dobson Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Skywanderers
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general.
>Warthunder, found in the Warthunder general, /wtg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies
space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F4n7d8MmhOA
comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=1479
youtube.com/watch?v=YUYNXeHfTdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0JB1X7WPphw
youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron-oxidizing_bacteria
youtube.com/watch?v=Gls-eXUwl9g
forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/270218-fusion-upgrade-system-need-some-modification/
steamcharts.com/app/301520
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for whatever this is

2nd for warthunder

>Warthunder, found in the Warthunder general, /wtg/, not in this general.
IT BEGINS

>Crossout is not in both lists
A dent in that masterpiece

Sorry, I was in a hurry and forgot to add it to my copy of the OP

Why aren't there 20 more games in the OP

you had ONe
JOB

You could have made it yourself you DOUBLE PHYSICIANS

How about we not piss off all of Veeky Forums
lest we follow THAT general to hell

You also had one job, and you made a mistake.
We are still all humans for the time being.

I actually couldn't i was at the gym when it died.

They broke too many rules to count to get banned like that. Worst case scenario the janitors tell us to stop being double niggers and we comply to avoid getting banned.

>niggers
But we aren't stealing bikes.
We are the ones building them but with rocket engines.

Hi Colin

post cars

youtube.com/watch?v=F4n7d8MmhOA

Skywankers mechs?

It walks like it has autism.

spengos mechs aren't that much better tbqh senpai

New version of my Foxtrot car, extended by one to protect the big new engine in the back. There's a cooler hidden in the front if I want to use guns. Or I can remove the cooler and mount double wasps

Source? Never been able to find one.

No idea, I found it on /egg/ a while back.

comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=1479

Also
>not putting in all the generals

youtube.com/watch?v=YUYNXeHfTdQ

The L in VTOL is tricky

ded

youtube.com/watch?v=0JB1X7WPphw

just started a factorio game with full bob's + angel's. Should I skip the sorting facility and smelt the crushed ores directly? I can get stone and if I remember correctly it's a pain to get rid of slag in the beginning

Every landing the physics engine can walk away from its successful.

Don't worry disaster survivor, here comes this bit of fucking wire and two shitty motors!

That was my best attempt, and you can see I lost the right landing gear. Which isn't a huge problem after all since the plane can takeoff vertically

The tricky part is approaching the pad at the right speed and keeping the plane stable while it descends

1. Take tap
2. Apply hammer
3. ???
4. Profit

>a terrorist attack happens
>you're trapped in a collapsed building
>all exits blocked
>ceiling could cave in at any minute
>when, through a small gap in the rubble
>this wriggling little paper clip comes crawling along a broken pipe

WOULD YOU LIKE ANY HELP BREATHING YOUR LAST?

From a application standpoint this is even worse than early soft robots from a few years back, but I can see that manufacturing process getting ridiculously fast. If you had two of those printers working together, they could braid the robits together and make a quadruped.

Keep in mind that the unspoken idea behind all these "disaster robots" is to make something that can 100% determine if a person exists beyond a given entry point while being totally expendable. Think about it: if it can fit through small holes, it's not going to be able to bring people out through those same holes. It's just so that you don't put two excavators and the Jaws of Life to work saving a corpse while live people are trapped nearby.

Turn into a bicycle and fuck off

>Dobson edition?
>look at op pic

youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE

Is this /ourguy/? Turn on captions for his commentary.

>tfw you're too busy trying not to starve to death to make metal tools

You should add Manufactoria, a browser-based game by pleasingfungus. It's like infinifactory except hard.

ded

>iron bacteria
huh

>iron bacteria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron-oxidizing_bacteria

Good thing we don't have a shitfucktonne of iron in our body-

youtube.com/watch?v=Gls-eXUwl9g

Mostly bound up in proteins that contain only 4 iron atoms per molecule and look like this
I don't think iron-eating bacteria'll have a particularly easy time processing this

I want an old laptop/portable with a gas-plasma display

Yeah I know, this shit is mostly benign
but just imagine the names!

Blood rot!
Cardio bleed!
Vein crust!
Boiled Blood!
Rending Coagulator!

>5:11
>dat panel

Real laptops are thicc

>you may not like it, but this is peak performance

Does the crossout clan have any room yet? Surely some people haven't been on the game since joining at this point

Doubtlessly.

d e d

Wait, can't you just store all your builds in the exhibition in cuckout instead of buying blueprint slots? Do they purge them every so often or something, what's the catch?

The iron in our body is mostly oxidized. What's more concerning is if bacteria figure out how to massively accelerate the oxidation process so that pretty much everything made of steel rusts a heckuva lot faster.

It might even put us back in the stone age

The bacteria would be more interested in eating that protein than the iron. Or hell if they're already in your blood they could eat the glucose and shit in it

That being said stretococcus bacteria literally eat flesh

Try it and check out for yourself

Where's the Doug button

>do they purge the exhibition?

They havent yet, but they might. You can use it to store 8 designs, and download them into your blueprint list anytime you want.

I figure its only a matter of time before they change something so you cant do that anymore, since they want you to spend shekels/rescources on crating/buying the blueprint expansion slots.

Reading the cuckout forums is depressing. Lots of players have really good ideas for fixes to basic shit that just annoys the fuck out of almost all players. And devs come in every time and go "We have no plans to change anything, thanks. :)"

>fusion system
>players hate it
>guy posts valid criticism of the system and ways to improve it so its not so shitty

>"Thank you for your feedback and suggestion! Frankly speaking, we've noted some points to look at. I would like to say, that players shouldn't expect changes in the fusion mechanic in the nearest future. The mechanic works pretty fine, and currently there's still a lot of things to do and implement, speaking about other aspects of the game. Of course, fusion has to be upgraded and we plan to do that, but not now. "

forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/270218-fusion-upgrade-system-need-some-modification/

Forgot that even exists.

seg

Took me a while to realise that it was edited.

>The mechanic works pretty fine
>a system that almost nobody fucking uses
>pretty fine

>stretococcus infection
Friendly reminder to everyone to not google images of that

>concrete eating bacteria
>plastic eating bacteria
>oil eating bacteria

>buy powerful engine mark 2
>20% faster reload time on canons and missiles
>cant even notice a difference when i equip it on my canon relaod times
>Improved engine adds a faster speed/accel boost to my super heavy canon build than the fucking powerful engine MK2 does

>bacteria eating bacteria
:^)

bacteriophages are cool

>bacteria, metal, plastic, flesh, concrete, oil, wood, rock, plant eating bacteria

At what point does it become grey- goo?

>beta

When we can control it

>control
I thought the whole point of grey goo was a total loss of control.

in order to lose control you have to have it in the first place

Is that so?

You can not lose what what never had. You can not kill what has never lived

forever yet never /egg/ CLANGs eternal

Truely, CLANG is the patron god of /egg/. Its infernal machinations, incomprehensible and unending, writhing with furious motion and billowing smoke, but not once reminiscent of life.

not something of life, but an entirely new level of death

That is not DED which can forever CLANG, and with strange sim speed even DED may die.

>drive aorund dropping turrets behind people
>kills them almost every time because they shoot at me driving away behind cover and not the turrets chewing their asshole apart

ok crunk

>Drive up behind a cannon sniper on encounter
>Poke his ass with saw blade
>He instantly and completely vaporizes

>when you jab some guys gas tank and it sets of a chain reaction through his ammo crates and generator

fuck off pardo

>PMs you after match
>"your so fuKn toxicCC"

This is why you replace your muffler fluid like it says in the goddamn manual.

autoCLANG

degg

>see robocuck got ANOTHER massive game changing patch that totally fucks everything up
>TX blocks are back after being removed like a year ago
>havent touched the game in months
>figure what the hell, lets see what kind of horrible fuckups they have now

>planes can now go super fast if you build them out of TX blocks, but TX blocks barely get any "health bonus"
>TX blocks are ugly as fuck
>all block shapes now have the same weight, so all the creative shit you did cramming slopes into your builds to save weight are pointless

Good night /egg/

steamcharts.com/app/301520

>robocraft at the lowest play count its ever had
>almost under 5000 peak players

ded bred