Can you be a car enthusiast if you drive a completely mundane car in every way and probably will never be able to...

can you be a car enthusiast if you drive a completely mundane car in every way and probably will never be able to afford to be fast or get the hot stuff?

im poor i cant get an expensive sporty new car and i cant deal with an old car. i gotta get something around the year 2000 at least for a really low price so i have to make compromises

im already on the edge iwth manual or not because i have a low opinion of myself and i have nobody who could teach me or anything.

It's just awful everyda

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJQ2WWt06MQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can get a 90s or 2000s japanese and become a driftu dude. Those are normally priced alright these days with plenty of spare parts around too.

>can you be a car enthusiast if you drive a completely mundane car in every way and probably will never be able to afford to be fast or get the hot stuff?
Yes. You can't always control the circumstances you're dealt.

Join the shitb/o/x life, it's all good, friend.

yes. throwing money at cars doesn't make you a car enthusiast. liking cars and enjoying driving them does.
What car you drive doesn't determine if you're an enthusiast or not.

Dude, youtube. Clutch bite point is the hardest part for someone totally new to it. Takes an hour at most. Unless you're literally on govt good boy points from a birth defect or injury you can get something fun later in life.

The venerable AE86 is just a Corolla. You don't have to be fast to be an enthusiast. I would suggest you stop being such a faggot and actually put some effort in before you give up on everything like a pathetic little bitch.

>$5k budget
>get $3k Civic
>$700 turbo kit
>$700 handling upgrades
>$600 left over to fix any problems it may have
>if no problems, $600 left over for racecar driving lessons and track days

yeah i 100% cant afford that kind of japanese car

I literally drive my granny civic sedan to meets. Your shitbox is yours. Work with it, and you'll look a lot more like an enthusiast than the usual vape subie fag or brz/GT86/FRS boy racers.

Just never buy a civic hatch or miata. That shit's gayer than gay.

It's not what you drive, but how you drive it, user.

Buy a econobix and supercharge it.

IT'S EASY

so you cant afford a couple thousand bucks?

many people dont realize things take time, even after i was a technician for a decade i still take about 4-5 years on average to complete a vehicle i build. ive owned it all from Hilux to Skyline to Crown to Supra to Silverado etc. ive also bought many of my vehicles dirt cheap and built them myself

if you want to go balls budget build, get a late 90s Civic Si. theyre like $2k-$2.5k. get a Ebay turbo kit but DONT use the shitty turbo, just use the BOV, piping, etc. get a used decent turbo, engine management, etc and you have have a quick car for under $3500 if you do the work

You said driftu that implied more than a civic

I'll probably get a 2001 accord in manual at best

I can't build things. I can't even afford the tools to build things.

if you care about your own car and enjoy learning about cars and car-related stuff, then yeah.
I'd say at least 75% of Veeky Forums drives shitboxes.

Hey get a job OP or therapy first if you suffer from depression and anxiety

at least you are interested in something ... which is cars and you have something to look forward to.

Make it a goal for yourself to one day own a nice car. Its simple but itll keep you going.

Cheer up. Everything is going to be alright.

en·thu·si·ast
inˈTH(y)o͞ozēˌast,enˈTH(y)o͞ozēˌast/Submit
noun
a person who is highly interested in a particular activity or subject.

You know what that means? If you are intersted in cars, whether it be driving or looking at them, or anything else, it means you are a car enthusiast.

I genuinely hate the autists that think you can'tt be a car enthusiast if you dont own 300+ horsepower sports car. Its more obvious you are an enthusiast if you get a sportier car, but I considered myself a car enthusiast when I drove an Automatic FWD shitbox, and I still consider myself one with a sports car and a hot hatch.

Don't let cunts say anything otherwise

i would genuinely suck a dick to have that car

The only thing that dictates whether you're an enthusiast is of you are genuinely interested in the material.
You like cars? Congrats, you're an enthusiast. Doesn't matter what you drive.

Maybe an integra user. You can potentially find one for $1000 to $2500 and hoon it around

post of the year

If I had to drive fwd I'd kill myself

Why not an 80s diesel Mercedes they're cheap cheap older but still reliable from what i hear. Last forever and you can probably make it look how you want to and its still a mercedes

Cancer

Not OP but I've had an easier time finding preludes for cheap for some reason. So maybe look into those

>can you be a car enthusiast if you drive a completely mundane car in every way and probably will never be able to afford to be fast or get the hot stuff?
Yes. You don't have to have a cool car in order to like cars.

Also, you can be that guy who has perfected his driving skill with his shitbox so that he can out-drive fancy sportscars driven by talentless losers.

Preludes are FWD and many are 4WS, not ideal for drifto

Watch this OP. youtube.com/watch?v=TJQ2WWt06MQ

The fuck?
So is an integra

FIRE ME TO ZEH MOON
AND LEH ME PLEH AMON DE STAAAAHS

>i cant deal with an old car
someone's a little bitch

not everyone has a ton of disposable income coupled with no seriously responsibility or were lucky enough to be given the opportunity to learn the technicality of cars and have the things they need to work on cars

Thats funny because those BRZs, Civic Hatches, and Miatas are mych more cooler than that piece of shit you parade yourself in

>buy 3k civic
>spend remainder on $500 craigslist shitbox, harbor freight tools ($150-300), haynes manual ($25)
>???
>profit

>old car
>the ??? is tons of man hours that a lot of people do not have
>assumes people have that much money to begin with to spend on these things

>inb4 "if you dont have that much you arent an enthusiast" "how can you not afford that?"

listen to this advice you pussy ass bitch
>buy a 1k manual civic (reliable as fuck)
>hit the gym and try to lift the bitch away
>eat big (GOMAD)
>start by doing an oil change
>work part time if in college / fulltime if NEET to afford food for GETTING BIG and for car parts

dont even know why i wasted the effort typing this shit out for a wuss

or a 1k NB miata if you want a little bit of enjoyment out of your life.
but even a miata is too manly for your bitch ass lmao

>i don't have 2 free hours every weekend
you don't even need that much time to start learning
stop posting and learn shitbox

without regard to enthusiast activities, if you don't have $5k for a car (inc. insurance, maintenance etc.) you'd be better off buying a bicycle, moped, or a bus pass

>just don't even bother
Every time

I wish I lived in a world where civics are $1k

You're completely unreasonable

as long as you care for your car and like it, you will be a car enthusiast

if you treat your DD shitbox like an appliance, dont maintain it, sont clean it, and let it fall into disrepair simply because of laziness (if you cant afford to maintain, thats another story), your not an enthusiast

its not what you own, its how you own it.

This seems like a good thread to ask, could I reasonably daily drive a 240sx? I don't have experience working on cars but I do have experience fixing things around the house and many tools, including a jack and jack stands. I don't mind paying the asking prices I've seen for a good condition unmolested car but I know that given the age of these cars even good examples will be worn out.

I guess what I'm asking is would a good condition 240sx be issue-free enough to daily drive and could I get away with doing just maintenance and no major work?

if you really wanted to do these things, you would make time instead of replying to bait posts on a ethiopian bird stalking exchange