Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wfi6VJWxKio
youtube.com/watch?v=tWJRZ-uJSaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does hating on New Vegas the 4th easiest way to get (you)s besides racebait, comparing dark souls games, and consolewars?

Because contrarians always make a good bait for the people who cant tell theyre baiting

What's the point of DUST?

I already met Slenderman in Red Lucy's room once.

Large amount of content, high difficulty survival hardcore. Fixes bullet sponges. Only get it if you actually tolerate/enjoy the shooting in NV though, because there is no friendly npcs/vendors/etc.

Imo fallout 4's FROST did it better

Post best sex mods

ok, so i've played new vegas for like dunno, 4 playthroughs (or at least i've played it up to vegas that many times) but i've never really deviated from the "meant path" as in i've gone from goodsprings to nipton to novac and vegas.
now in my current playthough i want to check out whatever i've missed so is there some cool places in the area north of goodsprings/west of new vegas ?
i've been to jacobstown once but that's pretty much it.
also anything beyond that boomer place?

That was fucking awful.

Yes, there is a whole faction there (khans) and their base as well as some caves, houses, farms, and a raider town.

Nothing directly northeast of it, but I'm sure theres places in the actual northeast of the map though (be warned northeast is probs highest difficulty section of map)

North of Goodsprings is nothing but rape. You can get to NV that way, if you find, and waste 4-5 Stealth Boys, but it's just simpler to follow the Main Quest Railroad.

>You can get to NV that way, if you find, and waste 4-5 Stealth Boys
One is enough. You can do it with none as well if you use the terrain to avoid cazadors and deathclaws from hitting you.

Lmao, you just need 1 and have to stay close to black mountain.

You get one for free if you kill the powder ganger n*gger at goodsprings, and you really only need one if you hug the right ridge. Grabbing chance's knife early also helps a ton because you can take out anything less of a cazador/deathclaw with it.

what are your favorite weapons/perks?

maria
q-35
riot shotgun

meltdown
and stay back

What mods do you guys have installed atm?

how terrifying

Shoulder Mounted Machine Gun (why is it never mentioned? So good, and fun to use)
Gehenna, Katana
Every automatic melee/unarmed weapon
Mercy

Junk Rounds
Atomic! (Very, Very underrated perk)
Super slam
Pier

You will soon know the true meaning of terrifying

meant to write piercing strike, also add implant GRX

Does Wasteland Defense conflict with DUST?

Well youve got you'are wish youtu.be/wfi6VJWxKio

The smiling vaultboy makes it

yep

The emotions I'm feeling exceed mere disgust, and are now somewhere between aggressive contempt and violent rage.

I don't know but it's the closest thing to a good horror survival game so I'm okay with it.

>tfw nobody made a screencap when this happened
wasted opportunity

Are there any multiplayer mods for NV? I've seen it on youtube before, but I dont know where to download it and how to use it

I'll vouch for that. Getting trapped in the sewers is a harrowing experience, especially once the hallucinations kick in

>The emotions I'm feeling exceed mere disgust, and are now somewhere between aggressive contempt and violent rage.

I'm saving this as a quote now, Thank you user.

Jesus I actually laughed out loud at that.

> VAL 1999

y-you can sell them?

Every fucking day we stray further from god's light

oh boy, you should see what the rest of the offspring in this mod look like

a man's got to make a living somehow

>you expect me to buy these shit nigga

>This part
I died so many times to this part and almost lost Ed-e. What a bunch of cucks the brotherhood is. They can't oven take a bit of criticism from some fucking supply runner and a courier.

Do they grow up into companions or something or is this just weird for the sake of being weird

>not having terrifying presence

>he didn't get the anti-power armor gun

take your chems and fastkill whatever pally has the gauss. Wear his armor and you should be fine.

Really though, since when has the boS not been cucks? In f1/2/Nv they are techno fetishists because they cant get 3d girls and in f3, Elder Lyons literally raises another man's child (Sarah)

oh yeah, been to the great khans once too, forgot about them for some reason.
thanks though
yeah ok, hate those cazadors with a burning passion, we shall see if i ever get to those areas.

i really liked that one sniper rifle, i think it's name was rat related. perks would prolly be sniper?

All-American. It's the ultimate all-purpose weapon.

The extremaly fast rate of fire together with practically nonexistent spread means insane DPS at practically any range. The high mag capacity and relatively fast reload speed makes sustained DPS compare even better to other weapons.

Single shot damage with Grunt and Match/AP/HP ammo and Better Criticals is still decent enough to snipe most enemies with a single sneak headshot. Even if it's not, the high rate of fire means you can easily get a few more before the enemy starts moving all over the place.

It's also the ultimate git gud weapon- with Fast Shot the rate of fire is 7.2 shots/second and the increase in spread is irrelevant since it has negligible spread to begin with. Most people can't get that many clicks per second comfortably.

Also, 5.56 ammo is really economical if you reload- it shares its primer with 5mm, which is usually found in extremaly large numbers, so you can make a ton of 5.56 out of it. This saved my ass in Honest Hearts and Old World Blues where I couldn't find a lot of 5.56, but even a single random drop of 5mm was enough to last me a long time.

>Not just using Veronica to get in to the bunker then killing her straight afterwards.

Veronica's reaction to that makes it better

So is it safe to have new vegas threads again?

>CoD: gamebryo edition
I think I'll pass.

Is fast shot actually good? I feel like it hurt earlygame ammo conservation too much with smgs. Can't see it over skilled/goodnatured/logans

Doesnt this one force you to side with the NCR?

Dumbass, that trailer is meant to attract the normies

I'm playing a hyperautist with 2 char and 10 per, int, and luck.
I'll probably go back to the hard save I have and do that.
This is part of Veronica's quest. I'm already in the bunker. Veronica isnt a bad person like the rust of BOS.

Also wtf are dogtags and holotags for?

Normies don't play F:NV

Existence is pain

>"Veronica isnt a bad person"
She's voiced by Felicia Day

>Is fast shot actually good?
Short answer: It depends.

Long answer: It's best for weapons with high rate of fire (so the 20% increase in rate of fire is more beneficial) that have also neglibly low spread (so the 20% increase in spread doesn't matter). Marksman Carbine and lever-action rifles are good examples of this.

It's decent for weapons with slow rate of fire and neglibly low spread as well, but then the increased rate of fire is hardly noticeable in this case.

It's a rather poor choice for weapons that have medium/high spread because a 20% increase to an already high spread is going to hurt you a lot.

If all the guys were autistic technofetishist LARPers with a superiority complex who need power armor to hide their lack of gains, I'd be a lesbo too

>implying BoS women are not technofetishist LARPers with a superiority complex who who need power armor to hide their lack of tits and ass

You can turn in dogtags for the NCR or the Legion. You could turn in holotags to the BoS in F3 but not in NV.

i live me some all american i just dont want to go through vault 34 to get it

You can give dogtags to a guy in Forlorn Hope for NCR rep and maybe caps?

how do i make the game not jittery?

its already locked at 60 FPS

New Vegas anti stutter.

Just wear the Advanced Rad Suit and take a ton of Rad-X and RadAways. Your total rad resistance will be so high you will be taking less than 1 rad/second.

Getting into V34 with a regular Marksman Carbine and leaving with All-American is the highlight of the entire game.

I did it with rad-x and the spacesuit from the ghoul quest. You have to take two or three radaways but over all it was actually really easy. Its nowhere near the crazy shit like the FEV vault from 3.

I love the atmosphere and open-choices you can take. Just killing everything in site if you have to.

>5.56 ammo
Isn't that the same ammo that the Ratslayer takes? I don't like having to share my go-to AI abusing weapon's ammo consumption with another weapon.

Yeah, it's pretty easy if you stack rad resist. I went with 20 radaways and actually left with more than I brought since you find a lot of them inside.

>>Isn't that the same ammo that the Ratslayer takes?
In vanilla, yes. JSawyer changes varmint rifles to .22 like they were supposed to be.

But even if you play vanilla, 5.56 is common as fuck and you can easily find hundreds of 5mm that can all be made into 5.56.

Why would you melt 5mm for 5.56? The CZ Avenger alone is a winning argument for keeping 5mm

>Mods
How do you mod New Vegas? Can you mod a pirated version?

>Why would you melt 5mm for 5.56?
Because I'm not using it.

>The CZ Avenger alone is a winning argument for keeping 5mm
Too heavy. Not to mention upgraded Minigun has superior sustained DPS because Avenger has only half the capacity and minigun reload is lengthy.

No, buy it you cheap fuck

>Too heavy
You're a faggot and you know you're a faggot.

Ashamed how much this made me laugh

>How do you mod New Vegas?
Nigger look it up, it's all over the internet.

>Can you mod a pirated version?
Yes.

Most if not all of the money probably goes to Bethesda at this point.

I've beaten New Vegas at least 8 separate times, and have started countless characters that I never finished on top of that. It's my favorite game of all time.

But I can not for the life of me not play this game as some sort of gunslinger cowboy. I've done the smooth talking cowboy, the hell bent on revenge cowboy, the Jew bounty Hunter cowboy, I even downloaded some mods and did an energy weapons cowboy (didn't finish that playthrough wasn't as satisfying). I've only ever sided with House or Yes Man as well. I'm doing an anti NCR cowboy run planning to side with the legion.

How do I stop playing a gunslinger every single time guys?

Spotted the fag playing without JSawyer.

>Nigger look it up, it's all over the internet.
Dude, I've looked for countless guides to tell me how to emulate this and that, and it always results in it taking way too fucking long to find something, and more often than not, the solution doesn't actually work. Do you have a link to a reliable guide I can use for modding New Vegas on you? Because I'd much prefer that over Googling for half an hour only to end up with nothing.

I managed it with none. You just have to be careful.

I just picked up Boone and had him slaughter all the Cazadores for me.

Boone and EDE steamroll everything and you can get them almost right away

>tfw the best guide you can find is made by a kid
>tfw no face

youtube.com/watch?v=tWJRZ-uJSaM
This is how you use the mod manager. Works the same way for F3 and NV.

You can even mod the game without the manager by simply dragging the mod contents into the Data folder, but then you can't choose the mod order at it can be a pretty big deal. I did that for a long time and don't recommend it, get the Mod Manager.

Everything else will be explained in the mod's description on Nexus. This shit is braindead easy, there is barely anything to explain.

you can't because the energy weapons are unsatisfying and the melee is floaty and weightless, whiel still managing somehow to be cumbersome. Guns is the most fun way to play the game

>you can't because the energy weapons are unsatisfying
I bet you never even hunted supermutants with the Smitty Special while wearing BoS power armor.

Do a high luck energy weapon build, you vaporize everything in one shot with finesse and Boone's hat.

High DPS powerfist build is also very fun.

Pairing explosives with melee is cool too.

? It fires wispy green bolts that just disappear upon hitting enemies. When you get a crit, they melt in the least satisfying way possible into a poorly textured glowing puddle.

>RPing the Brotherhood
A faggot who has ascended past a faggot

>download fomm
>download mod
>install it using fomm
Simple as that.

>RPing the Brotherhood
>implying

Well, since the poster doesn't want any trouble - lets add a step to save a lot of potential pain

>download FOMM
>download LOOT
>download mod(s)
>install mod(s) using FOMM
>run LOOT to automagically fix loadorder issues.

>crit build
>get meltdown
>get gatling laser
I can't go back using normal gun after this.

Do I download with or without the Nexusmods "manager"?