How is it able to get enough grip to safely reach its 250 mph top speed without any real aero parts to generate solid...

How is it able to get enough grip to safely reach its 250 mph top speed without any real aero parts to generate solid downforce?

>I Know Nothing About Aerodynamics: The Thread!

it doesn't even exist OP elron himself doesn't even know

explain instead of being a cunt

i'll eat a shoe if it can hit 250mph. the old roadster used a transmission and that thing broke constantly, so unless they figured out how to manufacture one that is indestructible, they will be limited to the RPM of the motor. And a 1.9 0-60 gear output will make that nigh impossible

They said, a hypothetical top speed.
Google instead of being a leech

>Google instead of being a leech
embarrassing.

it's called a fluid coupling

? how would that help multiply torque

you connect the trans to the engine using fluid coupling

the only way to break a trans would be to fuck up the stall engagement point

they could get away wih using a very viscous fluid and no stall at all

and no lock up at all*

sorry senpai, english is not my first language but hope you get my poiny

also anyone who doesn't know what a fluid coupling is, you've used one if you've driven a slushbox auto transmission. a torque converter is a fluid coupling. since an ICE engine has to idle, it has a fan hooked to the crankshaft and another fan hooked to the transmission and both of them are submerged in a hydraulic fluid. as the fan from the engine moves the fluid, the movement of the fluid will move the fan of the transmission, transmitting torque/power to the wheels. after like 10-15 mph there is an actual mechanical connection that takes over for a 1:1 link between the engine and transmission.

now i want to hear how this could multiply torque to increase the top speed of an electric car

your point doesn't hold water because the only reason this AWD car could achieve such a quick sprint is with instant torque and millisecond control over that torque. a converter would add an unnecessary middle-man

my guess is that they'll come out and do the same thing they did with the Model S and just limit the top speed but say 'yeah in testing it totally hit 250mph'

>how would you use fluid coupling to increase the top speed of an electric car

because you connect a transmission to it?

>fluid coupling can't achieve quick 0-60 times

what are literally hundreds of drag racing cars using auto transmissions user?

For simplicity's sake, cars act like an upside down wing when at speed; with some notable exceptions like the Shelby/ac cobra and first gen Audi tt. Some wings are just better designed than others. Just because there isn't a fuckhuge wang or splitter doesn't mean there is no aero. Do yourself a favor and look up some media on airplane wing design. There's plenty of material on automotive fluid dynamics but airplanes go much faster so any bump or angle or edge becomes multiplied in its effect.

yeah because they use a trans brake and drag-spec torque converters to offset the disadvantages of an ICE engine (the need to be at an optimal RPM for a launch)

the point is that you can use a torque convertor to bolt a trans to an engine in high torque applications

several people who swap electric motors do it aswell

the front motor is geared for high speeds and the rear motors are geared for high accelerations.

it is what tesla does in all their dual motor awd cars. dual motors are also more efficient. since you can use smaller less powerful motors.

You don’t need a big boy wang to generate big boy downforce.

Bernoulli’s theorem; the air travelling under the car has a reduced cross sectional area to flow through.

Therefore, the stream velocity must increase, and the pressure must decrease. Localised pressure drop literally sucks the car onto the road, net downforce.

Downforce isn’t all that necessary for top speed also, as long as the car isn’t producing enough lift to...lift off.

The lateral forces a tyre can generate are directly affected by how much vertical load the tyre has on it. Aero engineers use a complex combination of maths and pure fucking magic to increase the load on the tyre (at aero effective speeds), increasing the maximum lateral force the tyre can generate, meaning you can take corners faster.

Protip: it won't go 250mph

Any car Corvette and up already has a completely smooth underside. A smooth upper portion like the Tesla will generate lift at such speeds. All other cars have deployable front and rear wings as well as diffusers. The Tesla doesn't. Meaning it's not capable of such speed.

you're retarded.
Veyron,etc and all hyper and super cars and even sportscars with active aero retract all aero parts to make car as smooth as possible for top speed.

Finding a person who knows how aero engineering works on Veeky Forums is like finding a nuclear engineer on /k/. Don\t pretend like you know what you're taking about because its easy to tell you don't.

This. Here's another car not capable of 300mph because it isn't covered in wings and diffusers. Well actually it did go 300mph, but that was a fluke. Go to Bonneville and you'll find the main modification to the cars is not making them smooth and streamlined, but adding mass amounts of downforce.

>Admits all fast cars have active aero
>Calls me a retard for pointing out the Tesla doesn't

>any real aero parts to generate solid downforce?
There's obviously a spoiler in the back of it though.

Hardly any fast cars have active aero. Active aero is a relatively new thing for street cars, and it isn't for top speed. You will not see active aero on cars built only to go fast. Are you going to keep making a fool of yourself trying to save face?

>Active aero is relatively new

i can't tell if you're trying to troll everyone or you're just dumb

why make your car heavier than a bus using downforce when you can make your car heavier than a bus using batteries?