/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Live Letter tomorrow!
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d82504e50bab50729ff7eb104ac7e9d71e752890

New Aquapolis Info
jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002094.html

>4.01 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/33efbf65a7c6b86b3c62816b7a75523012584b54

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/HuaAJ6wM

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KhDldATuFQ4
youtu.be/RJzMdm80h6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Angry dog

Maybe when you design a job around revving up a mechanic over a long period of time, you should actually have the job do pretty fucking insane damage once you reach top speed.

Why is she not wearing any pants?
When I glamour no pants on my character people call me a grown man but it's ok for important NPC's to not have pants?

reposting

Bard Question: Am I supposed to be using certain buffs while rotating venomous and wind bite while playing certain songs? my crit hit rate is sporadic.

Post chocobos.
Please.

This seems like a troll to me.

youtu.be/KhDldATuFQ4
Best trial music so far

unfortunately they are not

you mean MNK?

Are Paladins even ultimately viable in the long-term? I could've sworn people were bitching about them for DPS checks in later bosses.

>tfw showerc@ stands me up again

dont worry about it you dumb potato, pld are in a great spot

So, what's the best way to level the DRK? I'm sure potd is the first idea but what else is good? Roulettes and such I'm sure. I've never tried PvP but if it's fun and gives decent XP, I'd be willing to learn.

I just wanna start getting cool shit and progress the HW msq as drk, cannonly leaving the axe behind in Ul'dah after Nanamo's assassination and using the inner Beasts of war to channel the darkest parts of my soul.

user, why do you like chocobos so much? I'm just curious.

MNK almost instantly gets to hit top speed.

Grr

They're cute.

pvp because drk is the most overpowered piece of shit ever there and you just get to meme your way through entire groups of people.

PLD is the best tank right now, best damage and best defense and best utility.

Frontlines or Leveling Roulette?

spam dungeons till 50 or do potd, dungeons prob faster since tank ques

Abe stop gilt tripping is not going to get them to talk to them you dehydrated megabitch

That's fair. Do you want to see chocobos that players have breed or are any and all chocobos ok?

PLD are the best Tank at the moment.

I'm going to run dungeons with a cute black mage elezen~!

reposting
>alliance raid
>so many dots/debuffs on the boss your own aren't visible
>S rank/Ixion
>Mob literally doesn't register your existence even though you're wailing on it
>not considered in combat
>no credit
This game was not meant to have a large group of people in one area

>1250 potency selfheal every 3 GCDs
>2000 potency silence nukes for free
>unmend pulls
>plunge resets
>20% shield every 10s that gives you more nukes
this is payback for laughing at us in 3.0

TFW french VA is better than english in all aspects beside Lyse

protector birb

Showercat is really easy to scare away, user.
Ravana's 2nd phase is better.

I don't understand how the servers can be so bad in this game, this is one an MMOswith one of the biggest budgets out there but has a server structure that's worse than cheap F2P korean/chink MMOs.
They really need to rework their entire server structure, I mean they say we can't even have super basic stuff as glamour logs because of it.

They just need to give Unmend the same resistance-debuffs that the other CC skills get and DRK would be a lot less retarded but still good.

Every chocobo is a good chocobo, but chocobos that have been showered in love are the best chocobos.

Oh, can you get them to emote? I haven't got to the point where they can be companions yet. I want to do a photo shoot with my bird when I do.

Well then, Dungeon spam and PVP it is then. thank you dudes.

no, that's an npc chocobo, not a player one.

>Oh, can you get them to emote?
Nah, that's just an NPC questline's chocobo taking a rest when you save her.

there's a cap on mob debuffs, the same thing happens in 24 man content. if your group isn't good then you won't get gold or even silver credit. that's the FATE reward mechanic based on contribution. it takes into account many things, healing, threat,etc. you can do low damage but get rewarded with gold for having high threat. that's why tanks would spam agro moves instead of damage, because they're only competing for threat gold medal it's a smaller pool of players than if they were competing for damage credit. that's also why healers will spam medica for fate credit.

if push/pull had immunities they'd be fucking worthless, so no

Highlanders

>there's a cap on mob debuffs, the same thing happens in 24 man content
From what I remember the debuffs are there, just not visible to you. I remember using iron jaws would refresh the invisible dots(it would show the mob gaining the effects but not the status on the debuff bar)
Shit's still fucked

Damn and blast. I really wish you could emote with your companions and minions.

Red Mage seems like it can be a lot of fun.

Honestly, PVP CC should have fewer resistances, not more. Heavy just plain shouldn't even have one, and neither should Bind in its current state.

i miss beepy

cute butt
How do I get this mod?

is that a SB change? last time i did 24 man raid my suiton didn't trigger trick attack due to debuff cap.

boop

me too

I miss Lance

i miss elk's cute au ra

I miss liora

Don't faggot this up

>"super basic stuff"
maybe instead of telling us you don't know what you're talking about you'll just not make this bad post next time

>have a dream where Aika, Bnhaka and Kaori are my personal housemaids
>at night they all strip out of their french maid outfits down to their bikinis and cuddle into my king sized bed with me
>wake up
It's not fair bros...

Half the time hes fun to hang out with and half the time hes mad as HECK.

pet lalas

>steps on your face mid-fight

Best.

I hear it's possible if you have a nice tall glass of Bleach retard.

My queen...

The thumbnail makes him look like he's actually got white sclera. It gives him a commanding glare. Good bird.

He is a good bird. I trust him.

I think you already know how I feel about your bird.

yes please!

I havent played since very very early HW.

Is this expansion fun? Is there things to do beyond your daily roulettes + weekly raid/ex?

>Still getting 90k'd
>tfw everyone is on FF14 except for me
>tfw still have to farm for loot out of Deltascape
>tfw trying to roll anything higher than 20

there's gonna be a new aquapolis unveiled tonight, get excited for random rewards

if you're going at it with that attitude you're probably one to dismiss content you don't like as not counting, but yes, there is

Exact same as HW content

Do the SB zones seem really empty?
I mean the world is just fucking barren.

you going to be Shattering this weekend?

Not really, no?

No clue what this means.

Are you stupid? I am literally asking is there more than what I'm saying.

are you stupid?
>yes, there is

>Enter Azim Steppe for the first time
>Suddenly /xivg/ ptsd everywhere

Maybe/probably, could always add me on discord if you want notice when I run it

user, do you rape chocobos?

Mol

aquapolis was added sometime in HW, it's a portal that opens randomly after defeating 8 man treasure maps.

then you get to go inside a treasure room of sorts that has multiple doors, and depending on the door you choose you get jack shit or another room. it was lucrative cash, materials, and pets for a while, then became dilapidated content.

tonight there is a liveletter from the producer where he is likely to talk about the new version of aquapolis this expansion featured on the JP blog listed in the OP.

ya honestly im a little bit retarded and autistic why do you think im coming back to this game

thank you

Koa newds please

i don't know which ebin you are but you're my favorite as far as looks go

the almost none of the people on my friend list whisper me

Koa? Did you perhaps mean to post Toa?

Server?

That's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

this is how i roll
cheese all day
top 3 control
i mass lings well now you know
you got no wall
well here we go

Why is tank DPS so high right now?

When will warr/drk/plds get nerfed so they can tank like god intended

Can you give some examples of your favorite spots? I want to be wrong, honestly, but compared to the vanilla zones my experience exploring has been pretty much seeing stuff that looks like it could be interesting from a distance while flying only to discover there's absolutely nothing there. It seems like every single house is closed off as well.

user.... Are you keeping something away from us?

>it's a tank in 270 accs episode
I'm letting you die on purpose If you didn't notice.

Just give them up for kami sake....
youtu.be/RJzMdm80h6c

I'm keeping chocobos away from you, because you can obviously not be trusted in their presence.