What does Veeky Forums think of the Toyota Fortuner?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Toyota Fortuner?

Thinking of getting one in diesel.

Idk, they don't sell em in UAE

Are you gay?

Nope

Don't get it then

if it makes you happy then get it. don't try and validate whether you should or not with anons over the internet that can't even afford a used base mode.

Is a Pajero better

Just weighing my options or other options that I can consider.

What do you want these cars?

Sorry why do you

Diesel fuel economy
Able to see further into traffic
Toyota reliabilty
Big luggage room
SUV safety

I'm pretty sure a camry does all of that except for the second one

Camry isn't a diesel and consumes a lot of fuel. Diesel is cheaper here as well.
Also Camry cost more.

ok get a jetta

I'm actually considering that. Anyhow, I want to know why Veeky Forums is against SUVs?

Also the Jetta doesn't come in manuel

Personally, out of all the midsize pickup based SUVs, I'd focus on an Isuzu MU-X. Better engine IMO (although the 1GD-FTV in the midsize Toyotas is breddy gud) and a bit more accommodating. Not much wrong with the Fortuner, as it's based on the reasonably solid Hilux/Prado platform, just with a "cosier" pokey interior compared to the Prado.
Other notable mention is the fullsize Pajero. Fantastic 3.2, strong Landcruiser based gearbox and big diffs. It's unconventional in the fact its a unibody frame with full independent suspension, but it's still just as capable as any other and handles good on the road. Bigger interior too and has its third row seat that folds under the floor, not up against the windows like the Fortuner taking up cargo room.
Ignore them. They're the kind of retards who think any new SUV must be a crossover.

Sorry about that it does come in manuel

>I'd focus on an Isuzu MU-X

I'm thinking also of that but the Fortuner looks a bit better. Though I guess the MU-X has better engine?

Marginally more accommodating too. Fortuner is probably the smallest interior out of the midsize-pickup-SUVs, followed by the narrow Pajero Sport (not to be confused with the fullsize Pajero). Isuzu feels a tad more dated inside and a little more agricultural, but I kind of like that.
Don't discount a later model WK2 Grand Cherokee either, the Ecodiesel with an 8 speed ZF auto is is sublime.
What's your budget? Presuming you're an Ausfaggot?

Nope Filipino here. Other considerations is the Ford Everest.

Is Diesel cheaper there as well as compared to Gasoline?

For the most part, diesel is cheaper.

ok thanks for the advice ausbro