/simg/ Simulation Games General

Long range gunnery edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy mirage and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>BMS U3 Setup and stuff
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in (embed)

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX (embed)

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE (embed)

>Link to this OP text

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór, Cquaд

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqe8n1aGXW0
ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/target/target_script_editor_basics_v1.5_eng.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*blocks your midway*

Probably how it worked in the past, I only bought it early last year and it comes in one complete package.

Third for multi-role ak being used here as baseball bat

How didn't they damage the road? Do T-72s have mountable track for asphalt or what?

>roads

What a blast

I keep hearing that learning to fly with the A2A skyhawk is one of the best things you can do, right?

I didn't know lazer pens could kill tanks

It does look fun.

Haven't been here in a while, when did they say F/A-18 and Straits of Hormuz are coming out?

Is anyone even interested in soviet aesthetics

>Get out of the way, strong boys coming through

yep
Soviet equipment in Arab armies is my fetish

Bumblebees could too

Your request has been heard

Don't know your taste exactly but

I will dump all pics I can find into imgur, and put a link today or tomorrow here, don't want to waste image limit

dead

The default state of /simg/

why is noone talking about the summer sale?

>DCS

Cause all I wanted was the Mirage and it was just about the only thing not on sale

I fucking love that movie but that is indeed a pretty kekworthy use of it.

It was discussed in the last thread.
I believe quite a lot of sand was purchased because module-wise most people are coming off the Steam sale (...again, brilliant business judgement there ED).

What can the viggen do?

die to 109s

anything can die to a 109 if you are bad enough

Anything if you're brave enough

OPs when

Hory shet, is dat sum WoFF.

>10/10 for taste.

>tfw you will never be a 747 captain flying into Kai Tak

kai tak was closed in 1998

Exactly. So with exception to Saudia pilots, nobody will ever be a 747 captain flying into Kai Tak again.

>WW2 Online coming to steam (soon, really this time tm)
Anyone played it before? How is the air stuff?

Worse than Aces High with HP and shots desync if you have more than 90 ping, but the tanks and playing shit like that is fine.

What are some good WW2 tank sims? Bonus points for obscure/unusual weapons/theaters.

WW2 ONLINE TANK SQUAD WHEN

Panzer Elite with PPX-2 mod

youtube.com/watch?v=nqe8n1aGXW0

Why is it very hard to get Chieftains to move in this DLC? Is it supposed to simulate the extreme engine/overheating problems Chieftains have?

bost bmb blease

What does /simg/ think of tank trenches?

Great, if only the AI doesn't move out of them once they get shot at.

What map do I need to play DCS multiplayer? I only have Caucasus right now.

The tank trench tactic worked pretty well for me
Small numbers held a huge Soviet assault through the valley

For the guy last thread asking about ETS2 multiplayer, unfortunately I don't really know much about it since I stopped playing ETS2 before that feature existed.

Some PoV from my boys

The real problem with defensive tanks is the only place you can go is backward towards another defensive area. Perhaps a few to pull security? Another bunch as reserve to commit for a counter attack?

I wish there are more books for this shit, the best one I've read is WW2 era Panzer tactics.

They can drive out of the trenches and attack you know
Though it's a bad idea to condense too much tanks into a relatively small area, so a spread of entrenched tanks and the rest reserved a few kilometers in the rear sounds optimal
gulf war was the epitome of tank entrenchment and I wish there are detailed maps showing how the Iraqis layered their defenses and I'm pretty surprised that many armies aren't building strategies around this free hulldown position tactic

Try looking with keywords like after action report and small unit. Sometimes you get really lucky.
That said I don't know how graviteam tactics or irl tank tactics work. I wish there was a "Fighter tactics and maneuvering" book for tanks.

>a 2005 PS2 exclusive and a game from 1999 are the best we have for WW2 tank stuff
Well, there's also Steel Fury I guess. Still leaves a lot to be desired.

WW2 Online?

Shills out please

Never played that, always assumed the tanking was somewhere around FH2 or maybe RO.

Maybe if we wait long enough, graviteam will finally do something about their African Theatre, and their previous game Steel Armor then connect the dots.

They can't though. Tank Warfare Tunisia was developed for a different publisher.
I just want some more content for SABOW, or simply porting over content from GTOS to SABOW and vice versa like they did with operation Hooper but ignored everything else. Pretty fucking annoying

Update

I actually like sand more than I like Normandy

viggen, gazelle or the 21?
Mostly want to ground attack.

Viggen has unguided bombs, low drag and high drag. GPS guided cluster dispensers, TV guided missiles, 2 types of ASHM and a SACLOS missile

Viggen is the most capable of the 3 for ground attack, but also by far the most difficult to get good at.

The 21 is quite decent with groms and rockets and is much easier to get results with.

The gazelle is also capable but is limited by loadout options.

The Viggen is a strike fighter, the MiG a multirole fighter bomber and the gazelle a light helicopter. Personally I like the Viggen

The Viggen can do the most damage out of the 3, and in the shortest amount of time.

It can also die the fastest

>implying it's any less survivable than the MiG "look at it wrong and it dies" 21 or the "plexiglass flying bubble"

Hi, I got a problem with a HOTAS controller.
I just bought the Thrustmaster TC16000 + TWCS throttle combo off Amazon on sale for 80 bucks. The hardware works great, but my problem is with the TARGET program that is used to map with it.

It keeps trying to add in rudder peddles that I don't have. It will bind axes that exist on the TWCS to the imaginary rudder peddles because it can't stand the idea that I don't have them. Furthermore, it refuses to list the TWCS hat switches at all. I have to bind them in macros to even make it acknowledge that they exist.
Outside of TARGET, I can use all of the buttons on both controllers just fine.

Anyone else have this problem? I would like to use target because I can't seem to get DCS to recognize buttons as modifier keys.

It's because of a limitation with how DirectX handles controllers, there is a maximum number of buttons supported per device. When you use TARGEt you are turning the two controllers into one in the eyes of the software, so you are left with unusable buttons.

I had to use macros for by Warthog, loads of my buttons are macroed to keyboard inputs when I press them.

>I can't seem to get DCS to recognize buttons as modifier keys.
Why not? It's pretty easy last I checked?

Oh.
That's really annoying. How do you get around modifier buttons, then?

>Pretty easy last I checked?
Maybe it's the way I'm doing it, I hold a button that I wish to be my modifier and then I tap another button.

For whatever reason, it's not letting me depress one button and then tap another to recognize it as a modifier. Is there something I'm missing?
As you can tell, I'm very new. I can take the Mig21 off, engage a target, and land it. Nothing more than that so far.

And if you don't mind me asking: I want to have aircraft trim bound to a wheel on the side of my throttle, but aircraft trim isn't listed in the menu options as being able to be bound to an axis, is there a way around that?

You need to click modifiers at the bottom of the control binding window and from there you can designate a button as a modifier

Thank you

We're expecting early access to the F/A-18C by the end of this year, so probably mid 2019 for that. No idea about SOH though.

Well memed

Axis commands is in the drop down menu at the top if you're looking for trim as an axis too

What is a good training server for DCS? Preferably one with the F5.

I only have a surface level understanding of target, but it might be possible.

ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/pc/hotas/software/target/target_script_editor_basics_v1.5_eng.pdf

Ctrl-F "digital axes" might be what you're looking for.

A good training server would be the 104th. Once you can easily deal with F-15 and Su-27. You're ready for anything.

ACG Cold War is good if youre looking for a fair fight, provided you know how to fly and fight already

Only in one plane: The mig-21.
Which is why I don't want to jump on a PVP server so readily.

viggen it is then.

It has the F-5 too

is bms hard to get into?

Mostly because the interface and documentation is impenetrable and poor.

Some aspects are very confusing but it's no harder than a DCS module. That and there are plenty of people in the TS who will help you out if you're struggling.

Only if you skip actually learning the plane and enjoy meme divebombing tank colums with snake eyes and giggling like a retard when you predictably get shot down.

REAL MEN

>implying when you can dive bomb from 20k FT and take out companys of units with one Mk-84