>hahaha fucking morons
The only moron is you

first of all lets point out this
>generic low quality R32 GT-R pic
pathetic.

Most people pay under $20k for it, you're terrible at shitposting. Get a job

thats not how it works, buddy.

Would you buy a re-issued car?

Just you wait until there's only 10 left running :^)

>Most people pay under $20k for it
That would probably get you an example with hundreds of issues

Like how Nissan japan reissued the 240Z back in the 90s? If it was at a fair-ish price and in nice condition, why not

If they re-issued the R34, R33, or R32 GTR (if it was even possible today) at a fair price in nice condition, hell yeah. It sure beats gambling on a used GTR that you dont know how it was treated in the past

Kinda wishful since theres 44k gtr's of the r32, and 300k r32s total. The reason they jumped is due to demand, which will go down when more and more are imported. Plus, if you lived in Europe no one is obsessed with them like people in the US.

What is a soon to be Classic Car that can never be built again due to Traffic Safety laws for a $1000 Alex.

it look really good though

There are many of those, that doesn't make them good or valuable in the future
VR4 looks way better

>Doesn't understand attrition.
>That 44k GTR's is more likely 10k or less.
>Studied attrition rates of youngtimer near classics using German registration stats.
>40k in 5 years? Ha, double that for low k clean models. Easy.

>What is attrition?

>Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
>looking better than an R32 GT-R in any way

lol no sure thats your lukewarm opinion and its a wrong one at that

i'm sorry but you clearly have "unconventional " tastes

More than half the price, looks WAY better too

Five reasons why 90's sports cars will go geometric in price:

1)Manual transmission
2)Not bloated/pigfat
3)No nanny state computer reporting back to mothership
4)Modern interiors
5)Modability (especially pre-OBDII)

its more than half the price because its less desirable. If it was more desirable, this thread would've been about why people spend $20k on a 3000GT and not a GT-R you dumb fuck.

But ya go ahead keep telling yourself its better looking, with all of the 3000GT's racing pedigree and all that lol.

No need to be asshurt, the vr4 is faster too

>tfw I got mine before the price boom

OP is trolling everyone above me and below me has been trolled. nobody is this stupid.

I'm here replying to you idiots, you all reply to bait threads where OP abandons thread after first post

Weeb tax, that is all

>Most people pay under $20k for it, you're terrible at shitposting. Get a job

lmfaoooooo, no.

back about 10yrs ago here in Canada you could get a R32 GT-R for about $12k and a GTS-T for about 5k. about 5 years ago, i bought my old 1990 GTS-T for $4000 and it had the top end just rebuilt among other things

it was since the fucking USA could get R32 the prices skyrocketed from them buying our sloppy seconds, now GTS-T are 8k minimum and GT-R are closer to $20k.

i dont have any Skylines anymore but now i only import and buy obscure models Americans dont know about because the weeb tax on shit like Skylines from the USA having these cars is fucked

>buy one for 20k
>look after it and learn how to repair it yourself
>sell for 5k in 5 years time

>44k to 10k
Kind of dreaming there. More like 10k in the US in 5 years...

Also, 5 years from now a base camry will destroy a r32, be cheaper to run and get better mpg. R32s will be everywhere to buy, and only a select few will want it. What happens when you can import the r33? Let me guess, the 10k r32s will go up to $200k?

A Camry will still be a post 2000 pig fat bloated safety mobile with half the handling of a R32 and calls back to the mothership when you break the speed limit.

There will never be 10k GTR r32's in the US. You do not understand attrition.

Op is trolling but also funny that he's acting like $20k is a lot of money. Didn't read thread so I'm sure others have pointed this out already.

imagine spending $100k on a 4-cylinder that's barely faster than a GT86

Was just going to point this out. The e30 M3 and the Testarossa price appreciation are really starting to point to a rapid rise in valuations across the board for 80's and 90's near classic Euro/JDM sports cars. Although different in form and function than the Muscle Cars of the 60's this epoch is no less captivating with its clean, light designs uninhibited by safety bloat and a mechanical simplicity that allows most enthusiasts to repair and mod without major hassle.

Right? Lmao what kind of dumbass does this?

The kind with shit taste

R33 is mediocre taste, but GTO/3KGT is truly shit taste

Better performance,technology, and aesthetics on the vr4

In 1995, sure, and on paper

In the real world they are overweight lawn unreliable ornaments

The 94+ vr4 was much improved, better value too. You can feel like just as much a special snowflake driving one instead of overpriced weeb gtr

>it was since the fucking USA could get R32 the prices skyrocketed from them buying our sloppy seconds

huh? most people from the US who buy R32 GT-R's or any imports are straight from Japan or at least someone who got it from Japan. Very rarely do people acquire one from Canada. Most people here don't want your rustbuckets

>now i only import and buy obscure models Americans dont know

O wow dude, You buy Honda City's? we def dont know about that

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/89-honda-city-cr/6340131067.html

or do you buy Nissan Laurel's? Cuz Americans def dont know anything about that.

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=648339

You aren't special dude.

>You can feel like just as much a special snowflake driving one instead of overpriced weeb gtr

Produced VR4's - 15,539
Produced R32 GT-R's - 40,390

I think its you who is the special snowflake lad. Please don't tell me you actually own one of those slow heavy shitboxes. lmao. If you do then I feel bad for you son.

I don't own one, my neighbor did for many years was always a delight to see. I've unironically seen more R32's than VR4's in california

>I've unironically seen more R32's than VR4's in california

thats because R32's are 1. an all around better car. 2. more were produced. 3. people don't really care for Vr4's like they do for R32's.

no suck my dinkle from the back

The skyline is a funny car for me. It's all about that back because it has like the blandest front of any sportscar.

>all around better car
Absolutely not, even with its weight advantage

Name one thing that is better about the VR4, and why

>Aesthetics
Has aged beautifully, like a Japanese Ferrari of some sort
>Performance
Faster while still being heavier and FWD biased
>Value
Alot cheaper than the rice taxed GTR
>LHD
>superior interior

>huh? most people from the US who buy R32 GT-R's or any imports are straight from Japan or at least someone who got it from Japan. Very rarely do people acquire one from Canada. Most people here don't want your rustbuckets

You would not believe the number of US dealers and enthusiasts who scout kijiji on a daily basis looking for deals on Canadian cars they can now import under the 25 year exemption. With the currency where it is at its like a half off sale.

What's the number?

>buying it for 20k stateside
>not buying it from japan and having it inspected and shipped here all for 1/2-1/4 the price

>Has aged beautifully, like a Japanese Ferrari of some sort

Not even close. The Toyota 2000gt holds that title.

>Faster while still being heavier and FWD biased
probably true if you put 2 stock brand new cars side to side.

>Alot cheaper than the rice taxed GTR

If we are being honest, there is no such thing as "rice" tax. Its called supply and demand. More people find the R32 GT-R appealing hence the reason people ask that much for them. Some people will buy it for whatever price you find ridiculous.

>LHD
you're right that is much better than driving RHD here.

>Superior Interior
Probably true, the R32 GT-R's interior looks like a shitty 240sx interior.

They are both great cars in their own ways, but the R32 is the objectively better car. Which is good for you since they are somewhat cheap. I don't understand why you are trying to fight it. Shouldnt you be happy its not an "overpriced weeb shitbox"?

Or are you just genuinely shitposting?

You basically agreed on everything I said minus the looks (although we can agree it looks better than GTR). So tell me how the "R32 is objectively better" I'm just trying to understand what makes the GTR worth its price that retards flock to pay for

>I'm just trying to understand what makes the GTR worth its price that retards flock to pay for

>Racing Pedigree
>Skyline lineage
>the FUCKhuge aftermarket support.
>the fact that the R32 GT-R looks better
>the fact that we never actually got the car here.
>that fucking GT-R badge.

yeah badgewhores gonna badgewhore.

And whether you think its corny or not, nobody has ever pulled up to a car meet in America in a 3000GT VR4 and have people flock all around it. R32 GT-R on the other hand, while they are getting more and more common, it still does happen.

>the fact that the R32 GT-R looks better
I disagree 100% my guy

>nobody has ever pulled up to a car meet in America in a 3000GT VR4 and have people flock all around it. R32 GT-R on the other hand, while they are getting more and more common, it still does happen.
Well duh, one's been sold even as a domestic rebadge, the other is an import snowflake, of course it's what people are going to flock to.

even the ones you post are ugly so I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

congrats now you understand.

that teal color is just so disgusting.

I picked whatever Google Image with full body exposed, First gen looks best the 94+ had ugly headlights

In a straight line

faster to the junk yard you mean. Next thing you are going to tell me that it beat the NSX in it's day.

GOT EM, ATTA BOY

Hey, you're supposed to be portioning noodles on Veeky Forums

Only noodle I'm portioning is my floppy noodle into your mom

You couldn't satisfy my mother you degenerate, beat it get lost!

Then how are you even here?
Checkmate.

Because my dad thought it'd be a good idea to stick his dangly bits inside my mother

You're right, I did

You're like 19, Mr. Cumface

I wish :(

>this thread
>57 replies
You're all retards that deserve threads like these.
Have a 58th reply OP.

See here idiot, appreciate some effort

Knowing how people drive them, they probably would be somewhat trashy.
Doesn't mean I won't buy one.

I'm planning on getting an R32, R33 or an Audi quattro.
I don't want them for driving fast I just want something that looks nice and can get me from A to B if my dad's car isn't available.
It's sad to see how many people modify them to get 300+ HP

>Im planning on getting an R32, R33 or an Audi quattro.
>I just want something that looks nice and can get me from A to B if my dad's car isn't available.

How long do yo plan on living with your parents?

>It's sad to see how many people modify them to get 300+ HP

People modify their cars. Get over it.

>How long do yo plan on living with your parents?
Another 5-6 years maybe. I have no reason to move out. Maybe I'll get a cheap twingo as a 2nd car

>Missed an opportunity to buy a red 1990 M3 for $15k
I want to cry

R34 looks best

Be careful, GT-Rs, from what I can tell, are a lot more work than an average car. I hope you have a good job and the time to work on it.

obvious bait

This is now an R32 thread

wait you could buy a brand new 240z in the 90s... wtf this needs to happen... I would buy a brand new r32 gtst in a heartbeat

Assuming it makes it off the line without dying.

>this guy shows up and was portrayed as the anti-thesis of dagumi
>upper middle class, expensive speed machine, grip driving vs drift, top speed vs maneuverability, knowledgeable of cars vs being completely aloof
>alongside dagumi, he had his own eurobeat theme (before it was recycled again and again)
>hyped up as potentially having one of the best races, if not the one to beat tofu boy

>literally the second ever person dagumi races
>is just some fucking preppy who can't fucking drive, let alone the Japanese lolcantturn
>is beaten by the gutter technique despite him being well aware of this being dagumi's secret weapon
>gets jobbed for the rest of his screentime

Not even SUPAAH URTURA REITU BUREIKINGU guy was this pathetic.

The sad thing is that the GTR is even lolcantturn, it was literally the fastest circuit car out of any of the ones shown in first stage around a circuit. It's heavy, especially for downhills, but the power and Altessa 4WD should make up for it. He was a shitty driver because that's literally the only way a GTR could lose.

To be fair an FD or even FC isn't going to lose to an 86 either, even if you're a special snowflake madman driver, and carry 5-7 mph extra through turns, the horsepower difference and higher top speed means you'll lose hard on the straights. Initial D is fun to watch, if you want hektik realistic racing watch some improved production.

dagumi's ae86 isn't exactly under powered though, it had a formula atlantic engine with 240hp or something

I actually have been seeing a few of these in Orange County, CA. I honestly would rather have this car for 20k over anything else I can get for 20k. I don't want a shitty GM product.

it had a normal 4A-GE at that point

I do too but I'm not paying 20k. Miss me with that shit. I'll wait till the benchracer hype dies off when the 33 and 34 become legal. Then pick them up for 11-12k all day like we used to. I'll buy 2 at that point

>t. didn't read the manga
now that's what i call pathetic

Last guy that brought one to my shop/gas station got his for 18k. Even came with an extra set of belts and some other parts. Surprisingly, there is a pretty nice import scene in OC, been seeing a lot of LHD silvias too.

See I live in LA. Everyone here who has one sends prices through the roof. We're talking 30k. Cheapest ones here are 25k. Importing them yourself will run you about 15k from what I've seen.

I'm from LA. Best decision of my life was to get out of that cesspool and move to OC. Even OC is pretty shitty compared to other states in the US but its bearable here.

I can't leave. I love this city honestly but its such a fucking shithole because of our local govt, state govt, illegals, and the liberal retards.

I got this for 8k and it's better than the R32 imo.

>Altessa 4WD
You just mashed ATTESA, Nissan's AWD system, and Altezza, the JDM IS300, together

That's a bold opinion.

He doesn't even know about the car in question, he's just blurting anime shit.

Maybe. I love it though.

Yeah, okay, I meant ATTESA, you got me, but it's almost always referred to as 4WD and I fucking dare you to find a consensus on the difference between 4WD and AWD.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

Oh shit nigger. Where have you been?

Veeky Forums - I might have picked me Veeky Forumswn tires

Also, fuckface, it's summertime here and I'm getting ready to paint my miata hardtop - have you ever sprayed singlestage acrylic enamel before? Does it differ from lacquer much after mixing?