/ink/ - Splatoon General

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Previous thread: Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- the first Splatfest is on July 15 [cake vs ice cream], you can download the demo now on the e-shop,the event starts at 3pm - 7pm PT (one day only)
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

ROCK RULES!

I can't join you guys on the splatterfield so take this moral boosting camera quality doodle

>8.5% to 64.5%

why is moray towers still in this game

Rockin' with the Princess

fuk dis shit

It's been nearly 4 hours already? Well shit.

So /ink/, did they fix it?

Sex with Sex

Well i never played the first one and I can tell they didn't fix it

in the first splatoon, do the P2 color Amiibos give you different stuff from the originals?

Hell yeah they did. Moray is based as fuck now

just looking at that pictures makes you realize how bland the ink colours used to be

Don't think so.

I always found Moray just fine on Turf War the real test is how it in ranked

They function exactly the same as the originals. They look different in the plaza, obviously. that's it.

>probably going to have a copy of splatoon 2 for weeks before I get a switch

>Winning most games but lowest kills
;_;

>10 minutes left
>20 of capping at 99
AAAAAAAA

So I'm listening to the winning and losing ongs and it sounds to me like:

Winning = Pearl
Losing = Marinna

jp almost over

Haven't played the first game. Why do people hate this map?

Choke points. Same reason people don't like port mackerel.

It was the most charger-friendly map and a good e-liter could easily shut down the entire enemy team compared to other maps.

the multiple lines of approach to them might make it a bit harder and I vaguely recall hearing something about the wall to get up to their normal roost being shorter

A single E liter with decent accuracy could sit on the sniper perch and lock down the entire ground floor of the map because nothing else can hit them outside of other e liters and specials,

That's exactly why you should love it. If you don't have a stockholm syndrome towards chargers and/or didn't get in a habit of bullying them on every opportunity, you're playing Splatoon wrong.

There's a charger called the E-Liter 3k which has insane range. It can reach across the middle gap. As an E-Liter fag myself I licked my lips when Moray came up because you could literally kill anyone that tried to pass over to your side of the map. The inkrails in Splatoon 2 definitely make it a bit more difficult. I have to constantly keep an eye on the rail to my left or some faggot will get the drop on me.

>Choose Rock
>Matchmaking keeps putting me against other Rock teams
This shit better not happen in the other splatfests.

Pop won

well who won?

What did they say? Do we have to wait?

me

>Burst Bombs
>Kraken
how did you do it?

All the Squids in my lobby are past level 2 and have gear on.
How?

They're fake

I hope my fellow Rockfags did better than me, because I played like shit.
I died in almost every single confrontation because I kept accidentally resetting the camera.

NOTHING CAN'T BEAT THE KING!

So everything can beat the king

NOT EVEN HIS OWN TEAM FROM E3

How was your Splatfest, /ink/?!
It was so great! I love the Roller

but I hate that fucking map with the twin towers

Put constant pressure and stay further away, at L3 range and further they usually have trouble with everything they can throw at you provided you can hit them at that range. You don't even need to splat them, just constantly tell them that if they continue doing what they do they will be splatted, hence bullying. Try to catch them while they're reloading, the thing is a guzzler.

not even deadbeat!

I had fun even though I lost most of the matches.
Question, I was using the charger for most of the splatfesr and it's the playstyle I feel most interested in. But even when I felt like I was doing well, keeping the enemy at bay, etc, I came in last or second to last on my team. I know it's turf inked but in general does using a long range weapon mean the payoff will be having the least amount of turf inked on your team? I know I'm a scrub but damn being dead last hurts a little, despite the logic.

Wow, cool match-ups.

>tfw you got to the highest rank on the last match of the demo

Man I was worried stiff. 22 wins - 9 losses against Pop and 8 mirror matches. Not sure if it was the new lan adapter I got or the new system they made to host games but was shocked at how well everything went. Zero lag issues and only one teammate dc in all 4 hours of the demo.

who pop here

>nothing can't
Get some sleep, rainy.

yeah will do

FUCK THIS MAP
now I know why people hate it so much.

>keep fucking falling
>team about to win
>1 minute left
>some fucker with a roller starts inking everything behind us
>lose

didn't win a single match in this match

That Inkurius guy really let his team down.

The game is built around control, and charger gives control without need for ink, which doesn't exactly mesh with Turf War objective but works damn well with ranked modes. Just remember that you still can ink quite a lot and do it in the safest way this side of Splatlings, so use it to, for example, help your teammates escape by inking their feet, or assist smaller guns in painting important places that are too dangerous to go to in person.

Maybe it's difficult to tell in a game like this but it seems like there was very little lag at all. That said I don't know if I need to do the EU/NA one now, 4 hours is a fair bit.

>go into stores
>sea slug lady has a little shrimp guy floating above her
>shoe stores guy has bubbles coming out of his mouth
What, are the stores submerged.

the shoe stores guy is a crab, and they make mouth bubbles

another thing I noticed: The guitar in the background of the shoe store has the plug on the wrong side. I assume they just wanted it in frame but if that was it they could've made it a left handed

Thanks I will keep this in mind.

It's like Spongebob. The world is underwater even though it doesn't act like it is.

It's not though. Splatoon 1 taught us they moved to land, because the seas were so dangerous.

JUST

So any predictions on which side will win? Was surprised I got Rock mirror matches. I just assume Japan would go like 85% Pop or some other insanely high number and I wouldn't have any issues with finding Pop teams. That has me worried that Pop is going to win.

It's not though. The inklings die in water.

OLD AND BUSTED

one mirrion squids.

how old is /ink/?
>22

They don't die, but they sink like rocks, Sonic-style, and just drown when they're out of air. In turf wars they just self-destruct instead to respawn quicker.

Rockfag here. After playing four hours, I can count the amount of times I've played against Pop on one hand. It was pretty ridiculous. I feel like Rock will be the most popular, but it's hard to say if Rock will win with victories.

I got plenty of Pop mirrors so it's hard to say either way. Also we don't know if they changed how much wins are worth again.

so who had mirror matches?

Everyone it seems

$20

Maybe they purposely made it so everyone got mirrors so no one could guess which side is the popular one.

what if they faked mirror matches

What's he browsing, /ink/?

nothing its off

/ink/

Probably fashion sites

>he

(CC大阪109) [Wchees (C)] ちかんくんとへんたいくん (スプラトゥーン) [英訳] [無修正]

/ink/ of course!

strongest potion

So what was your favorite moment in the Splatfest /ink/? Mine was finding an ally in trouble an about to be splatted. Swoop in to save them and splat the enemy. Ally hits the Naisu button and the woomy-ish "thank you" sound effect comes out. Warms the soul man.

(スプラケット6) [えんむへいず (ヨースケ)] ハイカラヒモ生活 (スプラトゥーン)

3 hours until the European Splatfest starts.

>Rock won nothing

lmao

WINS X1
I
N
S

X

What is the new category

wins are divided by team/solo

BTFO

I-IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS

F-FUCKING ROCKFAGS

You can't fuck around in the plaza anymore after the results are announced, so enjoy it while it lasts.

>best girl
>best music
>best scores
How can popfags ever compete