Why are Americans prohibited from parking near a fire hydrants?

Why are Americans prohibited from parking near a fire hydrants?

>being this stupid
>not knowing how to use google

"The space in front of the hydrant isn't for fire trucks to park. A fire truck wouldn't fit flush to the curb in the space provided anyway. The space is to ensure clear, unobstructed access to the hydrant in all directions so that the firefighter has space to set up the hose and the hose can then be quickly and easily aimed in all directions -- for instance, at a building on the other side of the street."

now delete the thread and kill yourself.

dunno maybe look up your picrel?

There are many of these photos around.

I think at this point it probably became the fun part of any mission when they have to do this

I work with a guy who was a firefighter for years. They love smashing out windows to run hoses and chopping holes in houses.

I think the best part about these are that the owner usually has to pay a fine afterwards anyways

Non-Americans are allowed to park in front of fire hydrants?

>pic related

>and chopping holes in houses.
Wait, I can't park my house somewhere else, why would he need to do that?

Cause its on fire and your dumb ass is still in it.

Here in the first world we actually have a fire department that comes and puts out fires

That's.....That's the purpose of the fire hydrant, to assist the fire department. You don't expect a fire truck to lug around a giant tank of water do you?

makes me kek every time I see that shit

it would be really satisfying to do this i imagine

fucking just kill me now if most of humanity is this retarded

This is bait

>I think the best part about these are that the owner usually has to pay a fine afterwards anyways
Not only that, but their car insurance doesn't pay for damages to the car either.

So a several hundred dollar ticket + hundreds/thousands of dollars damages to your car by pissed off firefighters.
Hope that parking spot was worth it.

Also you know in front of business buildings where it says "No Parking. Fire Lane"?
Years ago there was a local story of a idiot that parked his Mustang in a fire lane, then there was a fire. The firetruck absolutely DEMOLISHED the fucks car out of the way.
The fucks car was gone and his insurance wouldn't pay, he got a ticket violation AND the city billed him for the damages to the firetruck.

>and chopping holes in houses.

anime_dude_fucking_a_house.gif

The absolute state of Europoor

i-it dont?

Get rekt

>You don't expect a fire truck to lug around a giant tank of water do you?
b-but that's how it actually works in my country?

>third world problems
I'm sorry.

>My countries fire trucks are big water tanks with a PTO to a high volume, high head pump and a supplementary inlet for hydrants
>They are a subdivision of the police so they are just police who know how to use the equipment, no actual fire fighting training beyond
>How to shoot water
>How to not enter building when is no hope
>The only fire hydrants are outside of gas stations
>they deposit all 10,000 gallons of water on the road before the get half a mile away from the station
>tfw this happens every time

To be fair to that guy most rural departments in the first world operate that way as well. But if he lives in a city there is no excuse for that shit.

that's how it works in the US as well
my roommate is fireman attached to a fire rescue tank-truck that is first response
they show up, check interior, and start blasting the structure with the proprietary™ solution™
while waiting for the other trucks to show up, asses state of structure damage, and then connect to a hydrant to take over actual fire suppression

i know right . my dad was a firefighter , and he told me that everytime there was a fire , the most fun thing was to smash things everywhere , either with the hammer or with the pressure ofwater ..yes i know my dad is a faggot