What car do you guys think is the absolute most overpriced/does not justify the selling price car? New or used

What car do you guys think is the absolute most overpriced/does not justify the selling price car? New or used

I'd say the cobra considering you can get a much faster/newer car for the price

Any Porsche for sale right now.

You mean aircooled 911s?

apart from the 986, which is at peak value used right now, especially pre-2000 with the double row IMS bearing stock

>Any Porsche

Depends on the year of Cobra, miles, and condition. I've found decent pre terminator New Edge Cobras for 8k, hovering around 100,000 miles. That's about what you'd pay for a Similar year STI, or other boy racer car.

03 and 04 cobras are so sought after cause theyre built from the factory so you can turn up the boost and make a shit ton of power easy. Even upgrade the supercharger for more. 99 and 01 cobras had a forged crank but thats it.

Any non-M series BMW

You could easily push 400 to the wheels on a Cobra, and if you are smart and not constantly pushin it 450, but yes, the 03 and 04 are already built from the factory, but that makes them a lot more expensive. Most Terminators around me are 15k plus, which is a rip. I'd rather spend the 8k on a 01 Cobra and then spend that 7k modding it getting a faster than stock Terminator.

But how many of those new cars comes with forged internals?

A 04-07 STi is a $10-15,000 car, but still a better value considering it’s remarkably close to the one Subaru still sells for $35,000 in dealer showrooms.

I’d go with Terminators. You could get a 5.0 GT most cases for the same cash or less sometimes that’s a way better car all around. Non-Z06 Corvettes can be pretty crack priced too while Z06 owners actually ask a fair amount for their cars. Stock Evo/STi owners sometimes. A 10-15 year old Turbo AWD isn’t a $24-30k car just because you barely drove it and kept it stock. If you’re paying $24-30k for a stock Evo 8/9 or GD STi you need to get your head checked (or dragged by force to check out better cars for not much less money at a new Ford/VW/Honda/Subaru dealership with a warranty).

Supras, FD Rx7's

Any car you buy for the badge instead of its quality

e.g. any BMW, Bentley, Lamborghini, Lexus, Cadillac and such

Basically. Depends what you want from your Mustang. If you want a drag car just go with a Foxbody 5.0, but if you want a track car (shocker I know, a turning Mustang) then a Terminator is actually not a bad choice. With the IRS, and pumping money into the suspension they handle well. However you can find a decent Cobra in Colorado with about 100k miles for the same price of a STI with 150k miles or more. Subaru WRX's have a huge rice tax.

Depends where you are. I’m in the Northeast where we had a ton of STis sold in the area when they were new and I’ve been keeping my eye on the market. 04-07s are $10-15k cars with 90-120k miles, half the time having built motors (good because Subaru engines suck dick).

Evos are usually $2-5000 more than a comparable STi and tend to be cheaper in the Midwest than out here. Ohio especially loves Turbo Mitsubishis

If you want to make a mustang turn it seems easier to get a S197 and throw the MM catalog at it. The New Edge cars are still related closely to a 1978 Fairmont and Terminators are kind of fat. Or just switch platforms to a 350Z/Corvette or something that you won’t have you reengineer half the suspension from stock

Yeah, there's plenty of routes you can go. There are Outbacks galore here in Colorado, beloved for their AWD, but WRXs are sadly way overpriced. I'm not a Subie guy but plenty of my friends are, and they get raped on the prices out here. You'd think that Colorado being a place with random, tumultuous weather there would be WRXs all over the place for decent prices, sadly not. But yeah I agree, the Terminators were not made for the track, but like any car if you pump money into it you'll get results.

That's exactly why I said the cobras are grossly overpriced. People want 20-30k for their 03-04 cobra which is outrageous to me. I don't give a shit how rare they are or what they put out from the factory, that is way too much

But guess what? People will pay that much for them.

Yeah, but you could also spend 4k on a 99-04 GT and throw a blower on and make 390whp on stock internals. If you tear down the engine and put in coyote connecting rods you can push 600. Modding 2vs are way cheaper. The only thing terminators have going for them is "god damn you have a termi!"

Lol are you retarded?

People also pay 3-4k per month in rent to live in Manhattan. Is that a sound investment to you too since "people will pay that much"?
Are you? More than enough arguments have been made for way paying this much for a cobra is beyond stupid as fuck, or are you one of those kids that loves to shitpost here when you don't even have a license let alone driven a car?

S2k

>nigguh wut

Must be a Miata owner

bump

Any 80s or 90s Japanese sports cars. There are a few that are exempt, but most of them carry a ridiculous price tag simply because they are JDM.

pic related.
people selling them (and the ones willing to pay that much) are just delusional

t poor

R32 Skyline

here in Canada about 10 years ago GTS-T went for $5k and GTR went for $12k. about 6 years ago i bought my 1990 GTS-T for $4000 with a rebuilt engine, only issues were mismatched wheels and a small sunroof leak. since the USA has been able to get R32 good luck getting a GTS-T under $8k and a GTR under $18k. fuck paying that much for one now

and this, fuck if im paying $12k for a clean 180sx or $8k for a SR20 240sx with rats nest wiring and a rusted out subframe

hellcats are way too expensive for the lackluster performance you get

you can easily build a 1200hp jdm for half the price of a new hellcat

14k for a termi cobra with less than 20k miles. Not overpriced

But the normies want to bench race too

Depends on where you live I guess? Over here it would have to be the Evo8/9 and the s2k. And ap1 s2k is rarely put up for sale much lower than 20k usd and the same goes for the Evo.

What about 944s?

I think it really all comes down to a factory supercharged 707hp vs mods.

still rather cruise around in a hellcat with a warranty and have all my creature comforts plus beat 99% of cars on the road

posting an obvious one here

Definitely a cobra, you could grab a minty mark viii and then do cams, intake, and a full exhaust with a tune and still spend less on a better handling far more comfortable car with the same damm power train.

Not many cars run a 12.4 sec stock on factory tires for $20k. Also, these Cobras had IRS, Bilstein shocks, and Brembo rotors. As well as all third party forged internals. Straight from the Ford factory. The stock bottom ends can hold upwards of 1200 rwhp. And not a lot of cars can do that.

This is why they are sought after and will continue to go up in price.

I can't believe how many commies there are. Free market bitches.

>I got quoted $70,000 for a midnight purple V-spec GTR.

Errrrr, no.

>modding the 2v is a good idea.
Nigga just because you have a 2v and always think I COULD BE JUST AS FAST BRO doesn't make it real.
Step one of making the 2v fast is selling the 2v.

Suburban

E46 M3. Prove me wrong.

The Juliguiliguia.

A pathetic not even 400hp, That they had to lie about.
Dat Italian reliability.
Looks like a $20k kia.
You'll look like a dickhead when some douche pulls up in a Germon luxury car and smokes your ass.
Muh passion aka admiring your car as it sits on Tony's lift.

Yeah because the money you make on selling the 2v will totally afford a Coyote or a 4v, or a LS for that matter! Wait, no it wont.

Yeah, but nobody gives a fuck about your retarded Japanese POS unlike a hellcat.