Alright seriously, is there something seriously wrong with these trucks...

Alright seriously, is there something seriously wrong with these trucks? I can pick up a used one for pretty cheap (even the platinum models w/ the diesel and 40kish miles are only mid thirties). Made in America by Americans, has a turbo diesel than makes more torque than any comparable half ton pickup truck even without tunes, and IMO looks pretty good.

These things seriously seem like one of the best deals right now if your looking for a new pickup truck. Why are they not selling well? Currently have a 13' F150 that gets 9 MPG around town with the 6.2L and honestly considering picking one of these up with the amazing warranty they have. Anyone have any experience with the Titan XD?

they didnt sell because its a nissan. aside from the mini truck hardbodies, middle aged dads and oil field 22 year olds dont know anything about a nissan truck so they go with the big three, because its familiar.

These trucks have been out for like almost three years and i've only seen like seven of them on the road.

Plus I live in Texas, aka "pickup truck country".

So would you personally take one over an Ecoboost, for example?

That's why I'm kinda interested in them. I don't want to be 'just another F150' guy, but I also really don't want to spend $40k on a 150k mile F250 just to get a diesel.

personally im a GM guy, i was raised riding in them, driving them, and hot rodding them with my old man. i would take anything over a ford, and a v8 is also a plus. i would test drive the cummins one

Yea I will probably end up test driving one, I would take a look at Used Chevy trucks too, but just like the Fords the good deals go really quick. People really like their diesels.

>personally im a GM guy
bet you suck cocks too.

Toyota is better.

This is my answer too. Domestitards being Domestitards.

Nissan dealerships don’t know how to service them. That’s a big deal with diesels because they always have something broken on them.

Diesel Bros will laugh at you because every stoplight encounter with a truck from an opposing brand is some sort of tribal cock measuring contest where they have to display speed, smoke, and noise to each other because they are all a bunch of fags with salt lyfe stickers, yeti coolers, and calvinnpissing on anpothwr truck brand sticker to complete their manlet lifestyle image of some tough truck bro. But they will universally gang up on import brands in solidarity in an unlikely alliance against their marlboro man homosexuality.

>muh like a rock muh made in Mexico truck

>That’s a big deal with diesels because they always have something broken on them.
Is this the myth the gasoline worshipers have convinced you of? Having said that, modern diesels do require a different train of thought when it comes to servicing and diagnosing.
>Diesel Bros will laugh at you because every stoplight encounter with a truck from an opposing brand is some sort of tribal cock measuring contest...
Basically this. Those same retards probably think a Titan is an "Import".

Look at the reliability, it sucks.

>not buying an American made truck
What in the assholes name is wrong with you?!!?

Well, technically the XD is more American than any of the domestic brands.

Like OP said, they have a really good warranty

Toyota is built by beaners

how the fuck do you buy an non american pick up in america

The new Titan is designed and built in the US. No idea where you're coming from with 'not American'. If that's not enough, is there anything more American than a Cummins?

actually no, that's chevrolet and ram.

toyotas are built by americans, ironically.

See I don't think most people understand that there is a difference between Toyota, and Toyota America. Every Japanese manufacturer has most of its American cars designed by American engineers and workers. It's kinda weird.

>Diesel Bros will laugh at you because every stoplight encounter with a truck from an opposing brand is some sort of tribal cock measuring contest...
>Those same retards probably think a Titan is an "Import
Congratulations knuckle draggers, you're the case in point.

their factory is in texas dumb nigger. so it's probably 80% beaner

>can pick up a used one for pretty cheap

No doubt.

Look at the Diesel Titan reviews. Everything is breaking on them and they're at the shop for weeks

>never won NASCAR

For a giant ute like these, diesel is the only answer. It blows my mind that burgers fuck around with petrol engines in big trucks.

Are you just making up numbers or do you you have factual evidence to prove this claim? Highly doubt you don't.

>Highly doubt you don't.

That's good you doubt that he doesn't have evidence, because it's quite real and well known that Texas has a huge spic infestation.

So I should stick with the toyota then?

American trucks are way more common, so it makes more sense to buy them. Pickups in general last a long time, but stuff will eventually break. My uncle lives in the middle of nowhere, way up north and he has a Titan and an F-150. Something breaks on the ford, he can just pick up the part at the store. Parts for the Titan are all special order.

>made in America by Americans

That meant something 20-30 years ago. Stop pretending a bunch of minimum wage hicks and niggers in Alabama know how to make cars.

You've been reported for viral marketing, you faggot.

Niggers who work aren't 'real' niggers though. If they're trying to make money with a real job and not my tax dollars, I can respect that. I'd rather buy a car from them then made by Mexico.

Okay...? Still I want evidence if that claim is true, otherwise he's just some dumbass spouting out fallacious shit

Is that relevant when it's broken every weekend? What's the point in making payments when you can't use it often.

Kek keep defending your beanermobile

Prove it

Who cares of it works well if it looks like total dog shit. Only the avalanche looks worse than that hideous thing.

>XD

reason enough

They're not gud, simple as that. Nissan took a leap and fucked it up. The cummins isn't that good.

Compared to what they're competing against in the diesel segment, they're really not worth it. They're a gimmick for people who want a diesel but are nissan cucks.

used 6.7 fords are the same price range. 6.7 dodge trucks have been out for 10 years now and are gud. Duramax is also gud, dunno about latest gen tho haven't kept up.

>personal opinion on form>function
Proof the general US buying public are lowest common denominator

>Compared to what they're competing against in the diesel segment, they're really not worth it.
>they're competing against used 6.7 Fords in a completely different segment
Seriously man?

>Live in North Dakota
>Huge snow storm
>Hilly neighborhood roads covered in ice
>Bro'd out f150 climbs and slides down hill
>Huge Silverado climbs and slides down hill
Little Subaru driven by soccer mom approaches
>Forester climbs up ice covered hill like it's dry pavement and politely goes into garage.

I think people forget that having a 5000lb truck isn't the ideal winter transport sometimes.

>op wants a used titan diesel with 40k miles
>I compare to a used ford diesel

are you just handicapped or...?

As someone who lives in a semi-rural area, a lot of the truck owners are still on the "BUY AMERICAN" meme. A part of them play the dick-measuring contest between Ford, GM, and RAM and feel offended that there's people who own import trucks. They are some of the most retarded consumers in the automobile market. They won't rate trucks by functionality, quality, use, etc, but rate them by American/Not American, or Chevy/Not Chevy, etc, completely retarded consumer base.

Link a comparable top trim 6.7 Powerstroke F250 with 40k miles priced in the mid thirties or forever remain a Shitlord.

Ausfag here, if you're going out bush in Aus then your best bets are either Nissans or Toyotas, hard wearing can handle the climate and literally spare parts are cheap as fuck theyre everywhere in the outback also diesels a shit ton cheaper than petrol out of the cities/'burbs. Got my self 2003 Nissan Pootrol My03 3l tdi, 300k on the clock, and apart from two timing chain replacements (reg needed at 100k if bush-bashing) still puttering along like new, reckon could get to 600-700k easy if I take care of it.

>ZD30 DI
>could get to 600-700k easy if I take care of it
doubt

now that I think about it, it would be a huge plus for Nissan to get into truck racing. I don't know why people would look at something from nascar and go "I wanna buy that" when Nascar is the most removed thing from production car racing short of funny cars but hey whatever works.

this

living out here and listening to
>built ferd tough, fuck chevy
>found on road dead hyuck my dodge will smoke your broken ford
etc.
makes me want to blow my brains out. Only time I see worse fanboyism is with video games and pc hardware.

I primarily take issue with Nissan's build quality and interiors. You might not think it, but American truck manufacturers option the fuck out of their trucks, and people seem to go for that shit.

Full-size trucks are this generations' luxobarges, and Americans want to spend $80,000 on that.

I haven't sat in anything super recent but in the 2010-2014 trucks I've been in they all have cheap shit interiors still.

...Well, there are compelling arguments to support fanboyism when it comes to trucks. Ford for the most part builds the best overall truck, but pairs them with shitty engines. Chevy builds a shitty overall truck but they're cheap and hard to kill. I don't have a fucking clue why people buy Ram trucks outside of "ID RATHER BE CUMMIN THAN STROKIN LOL", and them popularizing trucks for mainstream consumers.

Like I said, this really depends on how the truck in optioned. Yeah a Ram Tradesman is gonna have a shit interior, but most dipshit consumers in Texas are gonna get the quad cab with the leather goddamn everything on the inside, and pay out the ass for it. Just look at a well optioned F-150 Platinum or Limited. Shit is unreal.

Most of the time when I hear fanboyism it's nothing to do with the actual truck it's just really dumb shit like what I posted with.

Probably had to do with that. Luxury trucks are the new SUV, especially with gas being as cheap as it is relatively speaking. Wonder what's gonna happen to all these luxotrucks when gas hits 4 bucks a gallon again.

It's not even that, its the fact they either get the 2wd one and don't know what the engine is heavier than a shortbox bed and don't know you need to have weight in back to keep traction, or they lift and and fuck the C.O.G. so even in 4x4 they cant get up the hill

Hopefully they'll depreciate like fucking crazy, but I kinda doubt it as trucks in general hold their value really well. It'd be nice if one or two won't hold their value though, it'd be nice to see some trucks depreciate like mid-00's S500s.

Shit, I said "it'd be nice" twice there. I need to proofread my posts.

People like practical when it's in fashion. Look at station wagons, SUVs, crossovers, and now trucks.

I think trucks will probably bottom out a bit higher than the former listed even if there is a crash in values though.

>still this incompetence to back up evidence

as expected from a retarded domestic apologist.

That's fine but let's not pretend it's going to be some high quality machine crafted by geniuses. The south is low wage low IQ and thats why mfrs make cars there.

Not him but the ZD30DD is very reliable. Our public transport uses them primarily and the wring them out to redline in every gear and run them so hard they burn through tires every month.

That said they are pretty meticulous about oil changes and whatnot. Some of the more relaxed guys say they do oil changes once a month and the more hectic guys do it once every other week.

>Shitty truck
>Hard to kill

Sounds like a good truck to me.

> XD

The non turbo DD might be, but the turbo in the Y61 Patrols were atrocious. Seriously, failures are common and well documented. The CRDi clawed back a little reliability, but were still regarded as grenades.

And maintenance schedule is irrelevant. Half the grenaded grenades had over the top oil changes.

The XD gets a lot of slack because it's towing capacity isn't very high. The difference is Nissan for some reason criminally underrates their trucks for some reason. The XD will tow 15k no problem.

Meh. You're saying there are glaring reliability differences amongst brands?

Outside of the euroshit ram, they're all reliable.

>Titan XD?
rawr XD

Funn thing is the towing cap is still higher than Toyota's full-size.

I saw a truck like that on copart. I bid on it to use for parts and just find out how the fuck that happened but i lost the bid

Ugly AF. Like an F150 got a beat down.

>Meh. You're saying there are glaring reliability differences amongst brands?
No. How the fuck did you come to that conclusion? Did you link the wrong post?

he's American man. were you even expecting an intelligent response?

The most honest truck owners are usually the ones who own 15 year old pickups that they bang up for work all the time because its the best deal they can get. They aren't going to buy a full decked out luxury Dodge RAM to beat it up on the construction site. And generally they sure as hell don't give a shit about the big 3 dick measuring contest by a bunch of rednecks who don't work anyways.

Frankly, the NASCAR TS really helped get Toyota market the Tundra. Before they entered NASCAR, they were only selling about 100k trucks per year. The Tundra even won the Baja 500, but nobody gave a fuck. After their first season in 2004, sales went up to about 125k per year and when they won the championship in 2006, sales of the 2007MY almost reached 200k trucks sold.

Literally no reason to buy this truck over a Tundra.

AND if you're too poor to afford a good truck, you will just buy a Ford/GM/RAM.

>no reason

>401 ft-Ibs of torque vs 555 ft-Ibs of torque
>Thicker frame, more HD suspension
>More tow capacity, and the Titan will handle the load MUCH better
>Diesel vs gasser
>Nicer interior

>No reason

Titan > Tundra

Forgot the Aisin transmission.

>this triggers the Nissan shill

Nissan is a nigger brand.

dont be mad, toyofag.

Yea, I'm not sure why nobody is buying these trucks. They're honestly a great value for what you get. Pic related is what I found when I was researching a vehicle a while back, didn't decide on anything yet.

And yes, I remember the Titan in pic related did have the Cummins.

Sorry but it is. without fail, you'll see niggers cursing around in Altimas and Maximas and sometimes Muranos and Rogues..

Just did a quick search, and this is a Pro-4X I found. Dealerships will usually match prices of other dealerships with new vehicles, so this is what you could pick up a NEW Titan XD for.

Seriously, what the fuck. Comes with the 5 year, 100k mile warranty too. Anyone buying Ford/Chevy/RAM half tons at this point are just doing it for the name. 20k more for a similarly equipped truck, with less power and less durability.

Forgot pic related

But according to this retard Fords are better value? Maybe in this retard's imagination the diesel 3/4 ton is cheaper than the gas 1/2 ton?