Help an investing newfag pls

Hey yall, I just got the desire to throw caution to the wind and start investing my hard earned shekels. I am sitting on 30k fresh out of college and into a new job. I am not sure if i should trust my fathers financial manager as he wants to take 1.5% of my portfolio. He suggested that I invest in his ETF which he claims is geared to investing in things which Trump is predicting to spend cash in.

My other option is to learn how to handle it on my own but I am not sure I am ready. Can any of you help a brother out or point me in the right direction. I am losing money in this checking account not keeping up with inflation.

Other urls found in this thread:

performance.morningstar.com/stock/performance-return.action?region=usa&t=bac&culture=en-US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, I did not see a sticky or any other required reading or I would have read it.

Veeky Forums pls

there's no sticky because Veeky Forums is garbage
go to r/personalfinance and read the sidebar, where it will explain to you how you are a stupid goy

get a tdameritrade account
buy 10k etf
buy 10k on dividend stocks
buy 10k on risky penny stocks
now you have a diversifucked portfolio

>he wants to take 1.5% of my portfolio
Oy! No!
>He suggested that I invest in his ETF which he claims is geared to investing in things which Trump is predicting to spend cash in.
No!
60% VT, exp. ratio 0.11%
40% BND, exp. ratio 0.06%

dude, download robinhood. divide your money up into a bunch of blue chips, sp500, dow, nasdq. The market goes up 7-10% ish a year. Just keep adding to it and watch it grow. Dont be retarded.

>r/personalfinance

>wew lad

see the problem with chans is I can't tell when I am getting genuine advice or it is geared to make me destroy my life of my own free will.

Are you serious though? I am so afraid to make a move because I am afraid the eternal jew will fuck me over. at every step.

i didnt say post on reddit or read the threads i said read the material in the sidebar
the bogleheads wiki will also work
the advice in this thread is still crazy bad

he needs to start by establishing an emergency fund

>tfw I thought 30k was a decent emergency fund.

you were right to ask the internet
you were wrong to expect fitting and beneficial advice from 4chins

Yes, 1.5% expense ratio is ludicrous. Those two etfs will give you the average return on the market. And a guaranteed average is better than a *possibility* of outperforming the market based upon what some dude thinks Trump will invest in.

That being said, there is a good possibility that the market may tank sometime in the near future so you'd better be ready to ride it out, i.e. don't sell when you see the market going down hundreds in a day or thousands in a week. Be in it for the long term.

its gambling
just don't shoot your wad into one stock
buy what warren buffet buys
coke ibm apple american staples

Warren was telling everyone to invest into banks hardcore back in 2007. How'd that work out?

I just don't know near enough about all this jewish trading and buying of stocks.

Today the DOW went up 300 points. And you are predicting a crash. I just don't understand this shit hah.

>30k fresh out of college

Nice. I remember my first inheritance...

If you go 60% stocks and 40% bonds, then if the market falls 50% you only lose 30% of your balance so it's not so bad. The market rebounds eventually unless something really bad happens, i.e. asteroid, WW3. You gotta have the mindset of putting it in and not touching it until you are ready to retire. If you can't do that then you'll get scared and sell when you're down which guarantees a loss.

No one knows when the markets will crash but usually when it goes up hard and fast there is a correction to soon follow.

Its called doing 4 years in the Marine Corps first kike.

Not that you would know what having a country is like you landless international kike

Pretty fucking well if you stuck with it. Ill take the BOA 105% loss in 2008 when it has rebounded over 300% since then

buy bitcoin and hold

Wut nigga? It still hasn't come back.

>landless international kike

Landless? Rental income paid for the computer I'm shitposting from. How many acres do you hold?

>what having a country is like

Catch a bullet for Israel yet? The Statue of Liberty is a prostitute.
My cousins and I collect passports.

Have you planted anything in your life kike?

Have you served your nation in any capacity?

Has your hook nose felt any pride in your own nation?

Doubt it.

Gas yourself juden

*shows no splits*

Even my retarded friend wouldnt send me a picture of Google

>not knowing splits are automatically factored into the graph
Here's your non-Jewgle link:
performance.morningstar.com/stock/performance-return.action?region=usa&t=bac&culture=en-US
Scroll down to total return, see that?

I could be persuaded to feel your pain had the USA stood for little more than selling negros without paying the crown.

oh my god i can't believe i gave actual advice to a literal babykilling tool and unironic antisemite

go fuck yourself, take your savings and shove them up your ass you fucking pig

Army is prostitution for men, you got nothing to be proud of either

Hes not saying that we will go through a crash but right now people are thinking we are going through a squeeze and the market will drop to a more stable number soon.
However within Trumps presidency we are going to go through the closing of the business cycle and have a minor recession.