Are there ANY single din head units that don't look like futuristic overly bright bullshit and would actually suit the...

are there ANY single din head units that don't look like futuristic overly bright bullshit and would actually suit the rest of the interior of a 1980s-90s car?

Other urls found in this thread:

parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/radios#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&
youtube.com/watch?v=0sw54Pdh_m8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get a used one from 80s-90s era? Add aux input or bluetooth. Done

How'bout a Continental CDD?

Blaupunkt, Bosch, Continental. Every single one of these threads.
Also, Caterpillar sell some of their OEM head units too.
parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/radios#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Getting one of these for my 124 is on my list.

Damn that looks nice
>200$
Welp

I just got a pioneer that you can change colors on and set it to 90's style orange

Make sure to get the 12-volt version

Thats what I went for also with my Hilux. Color matches the original green ambient lighting in other buttons, and its dimmed really well so it doesn't disturb the eyes at night

K I E N Z L E
I
E
N
Z
L
E

How'd you even aquire this meme
Where do you live

The Kienzle is perfect, but if you're in the US, you have to buy through eBay and they're expensive. Clarion is releasing the M508 in a couple months, and it looks alright. Unfortunately, still not as nice as the Kienzle, and probably just as expensive.

I will try my luck here since looks like audio thread.

Can anyone possibly recognize the model from this horrible picture?

yep don't have a pic but mine looks like the exact same, but dialed in color to be yellow/orangish to match my lights in the '84 buick

Yes, any of the hundreds of decks made in the 80s and early 90s

where can i buy one of these things then
ebay is a complete crap shoot, and craigslist is no better

Check pana-pacific. Usually used in tractor trailers and the like. Very plain but have Bluetooth, front and rear aux, usb, weatherband etc. I bought ISO connectors on eBay for like $4. Installed it my 79 ferd

Pic related

Look for "Heavy Duty" commercial head units like you'd use in a fleet truck. If you need 9000v preouts and shit you better pony up for a high end HU or live with the dolphin animation bullshit.

I put a Caliber RCD120BT in my 89 Caprice. Has Bluetooth, and looks retro.

Works great, I love it.

Buy a replacement oem radio.

fz 102e
>costs nothing
>warm red lighting
>no flashy shit fits exactly into 90s 20's jap box
>usb in, aux in
>just werks
no regrets.

Becker Indianapolis Pro
Has aux mode
Has Bluetooth handsfree
CD if you feel legacy
Nice sound quality too, though will usually need an amp.

Any suggestions?

This retard poorfag mod will do you well OP

>autistic kids on Veeky Forums think this is somehow better than a headunit

i've used this setup for a while and its fucking CANCER

>anything using a 3.5mm aux cable for source audio

just stop

>are there ANY single din head units that don't look like futuristic
get a oem unit from that era
my personal favorite are the BMW ones, just search "BMW Business CD" in ebay,
they come in many different variations (pic related is No. 43) and sell for ~30€
if you want aux/bluetooth there are adapters that you can plug into the back and hide behind your dashboard

That's a good song.
youtube.com/watch?v=0sw54Pdh_m8

I have looked everywhere for it and the only place I found it was used on amazon for like 500 dollars.

Been eyeballin some 90s Nakamichi units but I've heard of reliability issues with them.

>where's the AUX bro?
>how do you connect to bluetooth?

>lmao its in the dashboard

yeah lets just buy a headunit and then not even use it because its so outdated it lacks even basic features

better yet
>buys OEM headunit
>for a different manufacturer

it makes sense if you want the stock unit. it does not make sense to use a stock unit from a different oem

Just buy a porsche to go with it.

>>where's the AUX bro?
>>how do you connect to bluetooth?
did you even read my post
you plug an adapter into the back and then have a wireless bluetooth network anyone can connect to just like in any other car

>lmao its in the dashboard
like in any other car that came with it stock
it's behind the dashboard so no one can see it why would you ever want a bluetooth dongle displayed visibly?
or if you go for aux you just have a aux cord coming out at a convenient location, hwere you would put your phone anyways
much better than one you have to plug in in front of the radio, loosely hanging around

>>for a different manufacturer
so buy one from whoever made your car
unfortunately OP didn't tell us what car he drives so I just picked a common one that I like

Becker

Probably the stocks depleted. You could try the successor models, they don't look 90s but still very tame (Kienzle/Axion 1114, 1116BT etc)

Wow these don't look horrendous. I'll probably grab one of these if I don't end up buying a nakamichi.

Mine looks decent enough. I kinda hate that white on the Display, but otherwise it's an inoffensive design.

How it looks like in daylight.