/indie/ - Indie Games General

Last Thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

theindiebox.com/banner-saga/
youtube.com/watch?v=KGh7MH9HCSk
store.steampowered.com/app/510520/Little_Red_Lie/
store.steampowered.com/app/588950/Kingsway/
store.steampowered.com/app/588950/Kingsway
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for The Author.

That isn't the author

indie games are for losers lol

Third for The Engineer.

Well not like we have any image of him.

I have info directly from the source. He is actually a literal clover man.

I want to get hang out with cute robots at bars. Muscled and cyberarm cuties are also ok.

nth for bump
what about brain in jars?

>want to play some vidya
>excruciating headaches 10 minutes in
I'm starting to believe this is not normal to get that for 2 weeks.

Brains in jars are cool too, though I'd be worried about the jar breaking.

Honestly, I think only streamer chan and Donovan would annoy me. All the other characters seem cool to hang out with.

Is she talking about her forehead

pls remove mentaly ill people from /indie/

That's rude

You first

This is the perfect camera angle and zoom

What is this? Ceaser IV but with Pharaoh instead?

you mean the gays?

I don't know never played Caesar IV

but it's Children of the Nile

Oh, so it was made by the same developer as Ceaser IV.

>Want to play Rimworld
>It keeps crashing randomly and for no discernible reason

But that's the whole premise. How else would your colonists get there?

Ultrooooos!

theindiebox.com/banner-saga/
Hm I might get this one. Banner Saga 3 when?

Just built my first Cyclops.

How do I start the engine? And if I use the monitors to look at the hull cameras, how do I escape from that? All I could do was swap and look, I couldn't stop looking.

Damn, Rimworld in A17 got pretty brutal
>intense difficulty
>crashlanded scenario
>3 pawns
>at least 3 pirate raiders, incendiary launcher is quite often seen
I don't remember raids being so big.

I almost want to make a bunker for my guys and let the raiders have run of the place for until they leave.

I can't wait for the expansion so I'm going to replay Underrail again.

For a long time I toyed with the idea of a "Marksman" build, basically an assault rifle build that plays like a sniper- with less emphasis on close range bursts and more on lots of regular shots at long range. Bursts will still be used but only when the situation calls for it. If you ever played New Vegas and used Marksman Carbine/All-American you should get the idea, the point is to have high rate of fire at long ranges.

Sounds weak on paper, but just like with sniper rifles it's the crits that make this viable- ARs can reach up to 262,5% crit damage and a good amount of crit chance, especially with Ambush. If things go well you can 1-shot a lot more enemies in the first turn than a sniper could. You can also jump in and out of cover since ARs have only 5% move penalty. There is no problem with enemies getting in your face either. I imagine early game will be a nightmare though.

I might start considering it, too or try to lure them to doors and beat them to shit in melee.

>I'm supposed to be impressed with that screenshot

Grimoire's character customization is three times that.

That's nice. It would be even nicer if Grimoire actually existed.

>still no rimushima for a17
i need my comfy nuclear powerplant

It's going to be out any week now.

Enjoying your love for Overratedrail while you can because after Grimoire drops everyone is going to see what real QUALITY looks like. I don't know how the poison of modern sj gaming infected neckbeards like you /indie/ fuckers but you should have this low of standards.

youtube.com/watch?v=KGh7MH9HCSk

I missed so much in this game.

>he only started checking the game balanced and placing containers a few days ago
Any second now user. Any second.

lmao jeez

>lowest priority
>has a huge affect on the flow and balancing of the game
gg

what roguelite is everyone's favourite?

I think your dog might be retarded.

Fuck off furfag we all know that it's Nuclear Throne

You can't post a picture of chicken and not post her sweet ass too come on

No.

I like Dead Celss

Rogue

Okay I'm fucking lost as shit can someone help me. Am I dumb or are you not able to gain extra height bouncing on these things, cause I keep getting walled off by them

Slash down at them and you bounce

oh my fucking god I did that earlier and destroyed some so I assumed it would just destroy the larger ones too

thank you user

>when you can beat spelunky like a mofo

Anybody tried this?

store.steampowered.com/app/510520/Little_Red_Lie/

Right on dude. Let's see your completed eggplant run footage.

Style looks great but does what is the gameplay? Dialogue choices?

Seems like it, yeah. I haven't tried it but I liked the guy's other game, Actual Sunlight.

Nuclear Throne / Necrodancer / Spelunky

I can't really choose since they feel so different from each other...

(me)
Oh right I might have said "Binding of Isaac" but they kinda dropped the ball with some of their design decisions...

Is there a pattern to the bats in Necrodancer or do I just need to play keep away with them until they randomly move into a position that I can attack without retaliation?

Do you think there exists a single enemy in that game without a pattern?

Pretty much, and black bats always move.

It just seems like they randomly move in a direction every one-two turns depending on the bat and I end up having to dance back and forth waiting to catch them out of position, unlike most other enemies of which I know exactly where they are going to go.

One space orthogonally every 2nd beat.

Original BoI was GOAT. It lost all it's charm after the remake though.

I'd say the remake started off decent enough, but got worse over time.

This game is going to be CUTE

And also pretty good gameplay wise

store.steampowered.com/app/588950/Kingsway/ so this game is coming out next week, any opinions on it?

>store.steampowered.com/app/588950/Kingsway
Looks interesting

Hee hee kinda neat. I doubt I'd play it (without /indie/'s recommendation) but ya.

It's decision time, Anhedonia!

Priscilla is speaking my language.

I'd go with Anna. People who go "only certain people are good and da best" almost always are meaning it in a self-serving way to refer to themselves and people like themselves. And I don't trust people like that to be objective about that sort of thing.

Anna is our resident pacifist doctor. She's a brown, and likes parties and staying up late. I'm surprised she's running since she's so averse to conflict, but it seems she's got an outspoken side.

Priscilla's a good shooter (one of my best), and a decent artist and negotiator, but just as much of a bitch as she was in my old colony (a lot less judgmental, at least). It ain't short for "prissy" for nothing.

Bowman was sixteen when he joined the colony, if I remember correctly. That was two years ago, and now he's our best builder by far. With two flames and the "Too smart" trait, he's an architectural prodigy, and makes all of our masterwork furniture. I knew he'd end up running when I recruited him, because of how incredibly competitive he is. Onesan (one of the original three) used to be our top builder, but he had to surpass her. He's not passionate or emotional at all: "I'll do what needs to be done." just about sums him up.

My bad, Bowman is actually female as well. I always forget.

Bowman sounds like she's got quite an ego and little charisma. Not someone I'd like in charge.

I guess we'll have to see if my colony agrees! Bowman has a few friends in the colony, but none of them particularly close except Priscilla; they get along like peas in a pod. Priscilla, however, is great friends with half the colony, and they might be inclined to prefer her. By virtue of being a night owl, Anna doesn't talk to people much, and her only good friend is the most recent raider recruit.

I'm thinking Priscilla will probably win.

Also, this election has made me realize that there are only four men in my colony. Two of them are taken, one of those was cheated on by another colonist, who then cheated on the other guy with him and now they're back together. They got an opportunity to reminisce about old times when he was able to start deep drilling near the base instead of going out every day to mine, and the rest is history. Interestingly, that guy was also the ex-lover of Onesan, so he's now ex-lovers with two different colonists. Also the woman who cheated on him is 76 years old and a huge cougar, and our colony's chef. The last one turned 19 recently, and all the bachelorettes are old enough to be his mom, so he doesn't seem interested.

Well, that's an exaggeration, but the only woman he really talks to has almost 30 years on him.

the fuck is this

I don't know, but I hate that there are a handful of loose ends in the game (which are fine), except the game vaguely hints that there's more.

Looking around on forums and wikis and shit, nope, that's all. Just a quirky NPC in the middle of nowhere.

>Trial of the Fools
>Spend several hours trying to beat it
>There's no actual reward

TRIAL
OF
THE
FOOLS

I may be a barbarian, but at least I'm not a furfag with a lactation fetish.

Legitimately the worst part of the game.

This is Expeditions: Vikings ?

Yes.

Would you guys recommend UnderRail?
Seems fun, wanted other opinions.

Do you love 90s RPGs? If yes, it's the perfect game for you.

anyone play jotun? the game thats free on steam right now? any good? worth the download?

That was pretty predictable.

I'm the sure the game being given away for free two years after hitting the market is great, user.

well i dunno, gog does this stuff all the time. sometimes with good games. they gave nox away for free once

Now we just have to hope she makes good on her campaign promises.

Is there any site/service that tracks gog.com free offers? Their own newsletter doesn't do it.

Are you seriously comparing giving away fucking Nox, a 17 year old game, to giving away a two year old game?

yes. why are you so worked up? i just asked about a game.
their emails usually say when theyre giving games away. i dont know if they announce every free game but ive gotten a few through email notification

>yes.
You're retarded.

Even the tiniest bit of world-building would have been enough for me. What were they thinking, making it several orders of magnitude harder and longer than the previous trial and then giving you literal nothing for it? The game barely even acknowledges that you did it.

Dream Nailing the corpses that fall in Kingdom's Edge made me think the coliseum would be some sort of trap.

Weird, I'm only getting mails about sales and it's often just CD Projekt's own stuff.

and youre a hostile asshole. you must be real fun at parties
its been a while since i used gog but maybe try cancelling all your emails subs and renewing them or something

Nothing fucking happens in that game. Most of the time you are slowly walking through a nice looking hand-drawn location. Sometimes you encounter small enemies that you kill in one hit or use very context sensitive spells whose use is basically spelled out to you the moment you get them. You fight a few bosses and they basically consist of not getting hit by attacks play out exactly the same each time in a rotation you'll have figured out after the first time they go through it, then moving to the boss's foot and using your heavy attack on it. The game is so fucking boring.

thanks for the summary. looked kinda neat, too bad.

It is free so you might as well claim it for the hell of it. Don't even need to finish installing it.