/fg/ - Falcom General #20

Previous Thread: Lolicon accusation free edition

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

New Gematsu article on CS3: gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-alisa-elliot-laura-jusis-machias

- Class VII is back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-coming-pc-via-steam-summer
gematsu.com/2017/06/zwei-ilvard-insurrection-e3-2017-trailer-screenshots
youtube.com/watch?v=IGJtOPAnCxk&list=PLzFTGYa_evXjpj2LC_t2JkA_MDlFT7-Oj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to fuck Fie!

Fie is best girl.

this is a boy

But Jusis is best girl.

NISA's going to get over the barrier.

Was there ever any doubt?

You need to add Ys Seven PC's announcement for next OP: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-coming-pc-via-steam-summer

Also, still nothing for Zwei II: gematsu.com/2017/06/zwei-ilvard-insurrection-e3-2017-trailer-screenshots

Edit the Tokyo Xanadu bullet (Vita game's out).

Why does she suck erebonian cock again?

Not a frequent poster here, but why are they skipping crossbell and jumping to sen? Also what's the pricing going to be on it and when can we expect a jp audio mod?

no, i just like to post the truth

It's called manners.

Oh fuck, sorry. I forgot, I normally check the direct responses to the OP to see if anything needs adding. I'll make sure its added if I do the next one.

>Not a frequent poster here, but why are they skipping crossbell and jumping to sen
Because Sen was already localised and its just a PC port, it was probably done first because it wasn't released on a dying console that was never that succesful in the west in the first place
>Also what's the pricing going to be on it
We just don't know, probably somewhere around 30 dollars.

They're not skipping Crossbell. But they also haven't confirmed Crossbell yet, so it's still up in the air. XSEED will likely have to localize Cold Steel III before Zero and Ao, assuming they get CS III, so in the meantime they'll gauge sales of CS (II) on PC and see how many people beat the games to justify working on Zero.

Ys Seven's PC port was just announced in an XSEED stream yesterday (no official details yet, hopefully next week), so previous technical hurdles preventing Zero/Ao on PC shouldn't be a problem now.

CS PC should range from $30 to $40, probably the former since XSEED doesn't have to worry about retail costs.

np

>I want to be a cop
>everyone is equally guilty

I don't even know why people would think that Juna has to be that fucking dumb.

>everyone is guilty
Sounds like normal japanese legal system to me.

hue

Does Estelle blame Olivier for her mom's death?

I can see an argument for CS at $40, mainly because it got a lot more voice work. That being said, I really hope XSeed goes with $30. It being a great entry point for the series justifies a more attractive price to bring in more fans. They can go with $40 for CS2.

How do I get past/destroy the rocks in the top right of the Beast Fields in Celceta? I'm at the Ashen Forest and it's bugging me I still have that blank spot on the map.

I don't know, but I'm going to say Ash is the best student simply because he bothered to make his outfit look different.

Thanks Wikipedia.

It also spoils the rest of the game if you keep going

I was referring to the (giant robot)

>knight-god

Calvard when?

never ever

I'm checking these threads every day hoping a random 99% done ao patch gets leaked out of nowhere.

same

If said hypothetical patch did exist, can I play the Crossbell series having not played the other trails games? I don't really care about spoilers.

>can I play the Crossbell series having not played the other trails games?
You can, but WHY? Crossbell isn't really much of a step forward from the Sky games in terms of gameplay.

There's no way that's going to happen anytime soon. The closest one is going to take a good while still.

you'd be wondering why the game spends so much time covering the dumb broad with pigtails and her pretty boyfriend trying to track down the purple haired mary sue.

but other than that you'll be fine.

Zero has shit from the Sky series in it, so it won't make sense without it. The main atraction of trails is the story, not the gameplay, so it makes no sense to skip shit.

Should I throw my PSP/Vita into the trash since most of this shit is coming out on PC now (we all know the Crossbell games are coming to PC)?

It's better if you've played sky cause there's a lot of appearances and cameos so it'd be way more enjoyable if you already know and care about those people and events.

If you're an idiot, yes.

I unironically like my vita.

>pretty
Have you seen his crossbell design?

You should give your vita to me.

You'll miss a major part of zero's story without Sky

If you like JRPGs, then there is zero reason why you shouldn't like the Sky games. Sky is just a JRPG with a bit more dialogue than many others. Therefore, if you normally like JRPGs but dislike Sky, then the only reason HAS to be ADHD

This but unironically

>adhd
one of my favorite memes

I'm getting Castle Crasher vibes seeing all of them together

I dislike Sky but I like Cold Steel so I must have ADHD. Never change, skyfags.

Not even a skyfag. I like all Trails game. I just think it's retarded to like JRPGs but for some reason dislike Sky.

You can think what you want but that won't change the fact that people like me exist.

Me too, but there's been like no support for it and XSeed looks like they rather bring shit to PC than the Vitus.

>a bit more
The whole point of the series is that it's way more than a bit. But anyway I haven't played CS but I'm neutral on sky. I like it enough or I wouldn't have played it all but I don't feel too strongly about it cause I can't get too attached to the cast and quite a few of them bore me or annoy me. I love Crossbell though. There's stuff that annoys me too but overall I'm always having fun and I like most of the characters.

Seeing the responses makes me agree.

Your reasoning is retarded. How does liking a genre mean you must like all the games in it?

The reason why Sky is great isn't because it does anything that is necessarily different from what JRPGs do, but instead it does typical JRPG things incredibly well. Therefore, there is no reason why JRPG fans should dislike the Sky games, unless they simply have ADHD and can't sit still long enough to enjoy it.

If you seriously believe this you're so narrow minded that I pity you.

The complaints are all pretty clear symptoms of ADHD tbqh, your post isn't even bait.

You still aren't making any sense. Not every rpg has the same plot, characters, gameplay etc. so you can easily dislike something about the game even if you like the genre.

what if I don't like jrpgs and Sky but I love cold steel and want to fuck Rean

Then you just have bad taste dumb fujo

>what if I don't like jrpgs and Sky but I love cold steel
Then you should probably play more JRPGs because I'm sure you'd like them.

SC is more like a traditional JRPG. FC is basically you playing someone's backstory that would ordinarily be summed up in a few conversations over the course of 40 hours.

>user wants to fuck a man
>fujo
I hate how words have lost their meaning.

Honestly I don't know how anyone can actually like Sky, its about 90% filler and the remaining 10% is just boring characters doing things with no emotional impact.

men can't be fujos

I've thought about it but every time I remember they don't have Rean I just lose all motivation

I agree with this post

This is my biggest problem with FC

Will Ash be rude to everyone he meets? Seems like he said something to Elliot in another pic

And not the fact its a game that has about 2 minutes of actual content?

Reminder that the DG Cult did nothing wrong and that Aidios is a fraud.

(You)

Why do you think characterization, foreshadowing, world-building, and generally establishing the setting for the second game is "filler"? That's fucking retarded. How braindead are you?

I sense some blasphemy here.

It's possible to have all of those things without 50 hours of prologue.

So we can all agree that this series really has no likeable characters right? All the praise it gets is for the filler ("world building") and le tweests which are obvious to anyone with a brain. I just wanted to bench my entire party in every game. Except for Cassius. I don't like his mary sue character but if we got to play as him then the games would be 10 minutes instead of 80 hours.

It's not 50 hours of prologue. FC tells a story in its own right as well as accomplishing all those other tasks. It's the story of how Estelle and Joshua became senior bracers. Also, it's closer to 30 hours than 50 anyways

Its like reading/watching the first Harry Potter, and then writing off the rest of the series.

Are you back after getting utterly BTFO in the last thread over how sky is perfect because it got a good review?

>literally no characterisation for anyone but estelle and Joshua everyone else is a cliche with no development
>its not filler if it has a line at the end hinting at something that will happen several games later
>muh being boring is ok if its worldbuilding
>its ok that it takes 80 hours of literally fucking nothing because muh worldbuilding
Skyfags are delusional, sky should have started at Chapter 5 of SC, removed 3 of the towers and completely removed the 'travel around liberl on foot again for muh worldbuilding' chapter.

There's likeable characters and none of them are bad game. Sky is just very overrated.

>sky should have started at Chapter 5 of SC
kys yourself

>This game has more story than gameplay
>I am going to shit post about it

Stop

This honestly.

Screw this shit, let's listen to all those Hiramatsu Falcom arrangements that just went up youtube.com/watch?v=IGJtOPAnCxk&list=PLzFTGYa_evXjpj2LC_t2JkA_MDlFT7-Oj

Should everyone get their own game of them doing absolutely nothing of interest to say how they got there? There is no story in its own right, theres 4 shit stories and then a final that was shit because no one cares about the characters and it had 4 unrelated boring stories before it.

They're just walking cliches, if it wasn't for people being told to like it, it would be rightly hated.

>kys yourself
Skyfags continuously outdo themselves in the stupidity department.

It doesn't even have story, it has unrelated boring events designed to bore you for the sake of 'muh worldbuilding'

>Started at Chapter 5 of SC
As much as I hate how slow FC was, starting at Chapter 5 of SC would be stupid. SC followed jrpg pacing protocol quite solidly outside of Chapter 7 and 8.

Cold Steel 3 soundtrack leak when?

>tfw you btfo the skyfags so hard they start posting random music to hide their retardation

>muh entire game of literally nothing
>muh 4 chapters of random boring shit with characters no one cares about
>following standard pacing
>i totally hate FC everyone!!!

Nayuta > calvard > Crossbell > shit > Cold Steel > cancer > Sky

I'll give you a 7/10 today, it's working pretty well

We've only heard the music from the shop teaser, which is definitely Singa's arrangement.

I love every single one of the games. You cannot stop me.

Captcha: Pronto leave

>It doesn't even have story
>Retard posting about retards

You are ruining these threads with your shit posting and bait. Stop.

Nayuta's really fun. Their mistake was putting trails in the title instead of marketing it towards Ys fans.

>Now that we don't have /v/ threads, the shitposter can just stay here and perpetually bait people into his shit
Back to EVO threads I guess

>Shitposter got banned on the /v/ thread
>A million dead posts

Wew

>anyone who has a sensible opinion on Sky is baiting
Do you really believe this?

>>It doesn't even have story
It may shock skyfags to find out that chaining random occurrences together isn't actually a story.

This post is correct

Its amazing how skyfags can't wrap their heads around people not worshipping their shitty game.

Starting at Chapter 5 is stupid because you start at a bunch of its happening events without knowing who any of these characters are or why I should give a fuck about them.

>It may shock skyfags to find out that chaining random occurrences together isn't actually a story.
Okay, now I KNOW you're fucking retarded. I suppose you simply don't comprehend how all the events of FC tie together, huh? How sad.

>Point out that a bunch of posts died in the /v/ thread that is going on right now after a shitposter got killed
>Somehow i'm defending sky

Nice projecting there. Real nice. I'm not even part of this retarded convo you mentally challenged fuck.

Ah so instead of starting at the point that the plot actually happens we should just shoehorn random shit in for muh worldbuilding. Brilliant game design from skyfags.

A line at the end of each random occurrence desperately trying to link it to a weak attempt at plot isn't tieing things together.

What have I started?