I was graciously given my family's old 2009 Honda Fit as my first car, and while I love it for what it is...

I was graciously given my family's old 2009 Honda Fit as my first car, and while I love it for what it is, I would like to turn it into a drivers car slowly but surely. I have a few options to choose from, but my end goal is something along the lines of the Team Honda car (pic related).
The first option I'm considering is a K20A swap, as the car is currently an automatic. and I wanted a manual anyways. It would be about 700-1000CAD for an engine, and I know a shop that can do the install for a reasonable price. That said, the budget doesn't have much headroom for tuning beyond that, and spending 3000 leaf shekels for ~50-70HP at this stage seems inpractical

The second would be buying a non-ricey fender kit like pic related and finding good wheels and tires to fit. This would be in addition to a roll cage install, but this would mean that the car would still have ~117HP and an automatic gearbox, but it would cost less than the swap, minus the roll cage which would be expensive.

Are there any other options Veeky Forums? I could go for a different car, but I'm rather attached to the old Fit

Other urls found in this thread:

superstreetonline.com/features/1707-ef-honda-civics-unpopular-opinion/
youtube.com/watch?v=hNUbl8oSA44
youtu.be/Nbmb-m8JCMg
instagram.com/vtecclubusa/
instagram.com/explore/tags/autumnspeedfestival/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dont do that. Leave the car alone and just buy a second car. It would be cheaper than modifying a honda fit.
Stop being 16 years old.

No. Don't you dare modify a fucking Honda Fit you retarded kid. Sell it and buy a civic or something if you want to mod.

I'm a bit older, and I understand that it's impractical. This isn't me expecting to get it all done as soon as possible, this will take a while and I'm getting a second car later on. My goal is to take it to local rallycross when it's ready. I don't want to rice it, I don't want to make 600 sikk vtec horses either. I just want this car to live again after being mistreated for a very long time. It already has a new lease on life since I changed the old oil, rad fluid and battery, and I'm changing the old spark plugs in a few days.

it will take a while, but it's more of an emotional thing than a rational one.

do it. dont forget to buy rotas reps

Ooh, I like the RT5s, shame they're 1335 a set, but I suppose you pay for quality

dude sell the fucking fit and buy/build something that isn't a gay piece of shit.
it's a fucking 2009 you're literally not allowed to be nostalgic about it

don't pay a shop to do a fucking honda swap for you, you massive pussy. Since you obviously don't have the first fucking clue about actually building/working on cars I don't know why I'm even bothering.

If you have a $3k budget on top of what you could sell the Fit for ($5-6k?), you can have SUCH a better car than a fucking honda fit

You're in Canada for fucks sake - do you know how many JDM-weeb americunts would love to be in your place with $10k to blow?

>people thinking its weird/odd to modify a Honda Fit

Flyovers not even once.

OP you shouldn't be here, you should be on Honda-tech or some other Honda related forum asking this question. If you are actually attached to it and want to modify it, go ahead and wild out.

Only thing I would suggest is to keep that car as a DD and buy one that is already manual and do whatever else you need to quench your thirst to modify it. Swapping a transmission is a lot of work. And imo there is no point of doing all that work when the car came manual to begin with.

it's not weird/odd you pink-panted fuck, it's just fucking dumb

don't encourage him to be another stupid hondafag, there's so many better ways to spend his parents' hard earned money
don't go down that road OP, everyone hates honda fags for a reason

inb4 Whats wrong with FWD??? Small FWD hatches are fun you know???

OP I'll make one last plea with you just bc I hate to see a youngfag go down a bad road

Option 1: be hondafag, pay some some shop run by a 20y/o high school dropout forum fag to build it for you. They proceed to slam it, stick some fatass tires on and did nothing for shock tuning, geometry, alignment or anything regarding actual handling performance. Then you go stand around at a meet with a bunch of 5'6" Spics and Asians, unable to answer basic questions about it when they grill you on your build. At every stoplight you hear snickering followed by "lol look at this faggot what a piece of shit".
You then understeer off a cliff when you go hit the touge because you don't know how to handle a car (trust me you don't, especially a "modded" honda with no professional setup whatsoever)

Conclusion: you are a faggot and are dead, you will always be remembered as a faggot that dies in his little faggot honda

Option 2: You buy a JDM FD Rx7, or hey maybe a JZX100 or earlier JZX, or hey maybe an R33 Skyline, or hey maybe a MKIV Supra, etc. etc. - all easily acquired with 5-15k in Canadia. You have no choice but to do research and find a fix when problems come up, you learn how to work on cars, you modify your own sick car and take pride in your work and knowledge. You have a car that's objectively un-hateable and will only appreciate in value.

Conclusion: You'll have a car that's actually fast, actually cool and maybe even beautiful. Bitches love it, dudes love it, you love it - ur a hero.

Don't let yourself "get attached" to stupid shit at your age man, learn to let go and progress in your car career instead of sinking your money into some gay shitbox.

I seriously urge you to at least take a look at your finances and what your Fit goes for, get a budget together and see what kind of stuff falls within that budget. Trust me, you'll fall in love with something that isn't a FWD econobox.

I was about to buy a 1983 Z28, but that deal fell through because of housing stuff. Then came a cheap but sound Neon SRT4, but it sold within the day before the seller even got back to me. Then I found a cheap e36 328i, but it got sold out from under me. Right now I have an eye on an RX-7 FB with a 12a, and I recently bought a 90 Miata for a family member, did a full fluid change, spark plug change, steering readjustment with new wheels and tires, which I'm giving them for Christmas. I've seen a lot of cars, and even lightly worked on many that came and went. But the Fit won't be a money pit, or any moreso than the typical rally thrasher. For actual sports cars, I have my hopes on a '86 Firebird (plus I have a lot of 350 performance parts that I could slap in), or a Mazdaspeed6 that I saw for sale not too far away.

And no, the Firechicken wouldn't be a KITT car, I don't have the money or the interest

also I hate the typical Honda community, I'm not a fan of camber, huge rims and retarded body kits à la pic related. OP pic is what I would go for, and the widebody is completely optional, since finding a non-ricey honda fender kit is like finding a speck of gold in shit

I love S-chassis but I have lot's of love for Honda's. Especially 90's civic's.

>everyone hates honda fags for a reason

speak for yourself. Read this article and get back to me or at least read the first paragraph.

>It's impossible to deny the impact that the Honda Civic has had on the automotive industry since its popularity skyrocketed in the early '90s. Despite this, in America, Civics often find themselves in a negative light, usually associated with young, immature enthusiasts who have nothing better to modify. We can't say for certain what caused this negative stigma to be so widespread, but we do know that it's unique to the U.S. In Japan, it's quite different as Civics are celebrated for their motorsports accomplishments and still thought to be one of the best platforms to modify. It's very common to see a Civic alongside a GT-R or RX-7 at any given racing event and posting similar lap times despite the considerable difference in engine output. Civic enthusiasts can be found anywhere you go in Japan, but the Kansai region, with Osaka at its center, has long been considered to have one of the most unique Civic-centric subcultures in the country.

superstreetonline.com/features/1707-ef-honda-civics-unpopular-opinion/

You just named pretty much every YouTube comment shit talkers favorite cars
>muh skyline
>muh rx7

Obviously it has to work with what he has, so, with that said. Op here’s a list of mods start saving.

Coilovers
Wheels and tires

That’s it maybe a cat back and Intake. Just enjoy the car and have fun. Take it to track days and learn the car. The. Just save for a project car and use the fit as a daily. Keep the mods simple until you have something reliable to drive every day. Cheers and enjoy the car!

>hurr all Honda owners put ugly bodykits on their cars.

its like generalizing everyone who drives a Japanese car. I can't imagine being as ignorant as you, then again you must be under the age of 18. I at least hope you are or thats even more embarrassing.

thats because he is a youtube commenter.

>bitches love it
Holy kek who builds a car for girls?
>FWD ECONO box
Ok sit down bus rider this isn’t your stop you might be looking for /n/

Ways to own a practical hatchback for no reason or benefit at all:

> Putting in a fucking roll cage.

you mad

bitch nigga

the Honda hating faggot got BTFO lmao

I don't hate honda owners, I've been impressed by the workmanship and tuning on a lot of civics, especially an EF Si that looked pristine yet was tuned to a respectable degree. I just don't like the FF bodykit scene, but it's been dead for years, replaced by stancing. And for the record I'm not in disagreement, most of your pictures have been reasonable and I like that spoon EG.

There's a reason hatchbacks are here to stay in WRC
youtube.com/watch?v=hNUbl8oSA44

This looks really fun to drive, dam

>FF BodyKits scene

That shit hasn’t seriously been a thing for a few years now, you got BTFO and are trying to compensate gtfo.

youtu.be/Nbmb-m8JCMg

Forgot to post this. Remember, Coilovers, wheels and tires. Then learn to drive the car and the most important thing, HAVE FUN!!!!

>But it's been dead for years, replaced by stancing.

Who cares about people who "stance" their cars. I sure as hell don't. When i refer to the Honda scene I'm mostly referring to the Honda scene in Japan like I talked about above or the Vtec Club USA which is a racing club in California.

go thru these links and tell me these dudes are ricers.

instagram.com/vtecclubusa/

instagram.com/explore/tags/autumnspeedfestival/

>2009 Automatic Honda Fit used by a teenager as their first car
>WRC

Pick one and only one.

did you read the rest of that sentence? Either way here's another picture of the OP, I really like what they've done to this Fit.

Thanks, I've had my eye on a set of D2s good to know that it's a good road to go down. I'm thinking of finding some good 15-inch rims to put Falken 950s on.

Oh, well that's a separate beast entirely. When you grow up in the GTA, you tend to have a different view of honda tuners. Either way, that insta is pretty neat, I'll check it out

>auto
just leave it alone. 2nd gen fit had great 5 speed autos in them and were the last ones to made in japan. 3rd gens are made in mexico and dropped the normal sane automatic for a CVT. if it had a cvt then i would understand your desire to go manual.

But if you just can't leave it alone then stick to handling.
>lowering springs with adjustable struts to get the low.
>Upgrade to rear discs if you don't have them
>better brake pads
>Steel brake lines
>some nice light wheels
>nice sticky tires
on a light hatch this is a formula for giggles even in a stock auto.

Youtubecommenteradvicefag here, this isn't me

Yeah that's cool and all, you just sounded like a 16 year old faggot in the OP saying "hey guys should I":

>Pay someone 3 grand to swap my otherwise stock fit
>put an obscene widebody which necessitates completely custom suspension and driveline components on my automatic 117hp Fit

>in America, Civics often find themselves in a negative light, usually associated with young, immature enthusiasts who have nothing better to modify

This being America, yes everyone hates hondafags (besides hondafags WHOA!)

I have nothing against the Japanese scene, Kanjo is cool, I'm always impressed by Hondas in Hot Version and stuff like that, but here they're driven almost exclusively by shitstains with shit mods

Yeah I named popular meme cars that OP's underage ass would be aware of, so he could see what he can get instead of dumping money into his Fit

HE DOESNT HAVE TO WORK WITH WHAT HE HAS YOU STUPID FUCK THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT

SELL THE FIT - COP NON-SHIT

all I'm saying is that when you actually date real girls you have to take them places, and I'd rather my boy show up in a sexy Jappu whip instead of a stanced-out Honda Fit

My DD is a '96 Honda Accord wagon, 5MT, bone fucking stock

I really do like it but it's a FWD econobox and so is a Fit - call a spade a spade

I agree with you, but I feel like I have to lay out that I'm young but not that young, although I have not been into auto mechanics until about a year ago when I switched to Veeky Forums as my main board. I'm a little baby boy, but at least I'm not a stancer baby boy. One thing I feel I never made clear was that function > form, to me I hate excessive camber and unorthodox rims. The main point was to make it a rally car, not a show car. But after doing a lot more research, the widebody is far down the line for prospective mods, I'm better off getting D2 coils, a decent set of tires and maybe a K20 swap, I know a few people who have done them on Fits before.

Short term though, I'm going to go after that Firechicken, I have a spare 650cfm vacuum carb and a single-phase intake manifold lying around. It's not the 350, but I have a contact willing to sell my a '72 350 with an ST-10 for 800 bucks, so it would be a much better option for high-horse fun, especially since my roommate owns a '79 406 Camaro, so parts can be shared.

*Single-plane, I'm going to go for about 7000rpm eventually, I have a compcam 275 lined up to help with that as well. But this isn't a Chebby thread, so I won't go into that here.

Yeah maing that's a completely respectable approach but again, why keep the Fit when there's far better cars out there that you could get for half the Fit's value and spend the rest of the money making it a proper rally car instead of a half-ass "motor, wheels, coilovers and done" abortion that can't actually go rallying in any sort of sanctioned event. hell of a run-on sentence there

I finally checked what '09 Fits are going for -- at an easy $6.5-8k USD there's literally no excuse not to sell the Fit and get something that isn't a cuckmobile, especially when you count in what you're going to spend on the Fit in the first place to get it anywhere near rally-spec.

FWD is good for getting into rally if you're going to pursue it on a deeply involved level working your way up to sanctioned stage rally - it's how you learn to drive fast through a stage. But as a fun rally/gravel beater I would rather kill myself --- RWD or AWD completely transform the experience which is fucking needless to say.

Good non-cucked rally cars of which you could get a stock example for under $3500 (yes most are harder to find these days, still completely doable)
>S13 or S14 240sx
>even an S12 or S110 for maximum coolguy
>AE86
>GC Impreza
>1st gen Legacy turbo
>E36
>E30
>ST165
>ST185
>Volvo 240
>FB RX7
>etc
>etc

but if by "rally" you actually meant tarmac/time attack that's a different story, plenty of other cars come into play

postan vintage rally pix to try and cure OP's AIDS

is your AIDS better yet faggot?

Nigger aids are incurable

Alas my aids is incurable, as I don't have Magic Johnson money

But it's helping, dump some Group B

j-just need more classic rally cars right?

I'm trying to keep it to cars you could replicate in your garage without too much effort but ok guy

one of my dream replica builds

>It already has a new lease on life since I changed the old oil, rad fluid and battery, and I'm changing the old spark plugs in a few days.
But these are normal upkeep procedures? You probably think you have restored it or some shit.

Doctor, will I be alright?

Well son, if at this point you still want to rally your fit instead of having funds to build a sickass classic rally car I'm afraid I have to declare you a faggot.

I forgot you're in Canada, you could have an evo you fucking cuck

I'm just baffled at people defending keeping the Fit

I know how you feel OP but a Honda fit isn't such a good idea. Even some sedan accord would be a better choice and it's a basic bitch econobox. It is better to buy some cheap old car, fix it up, then get it to rally, if that's what you're aiming for.