>buying consumer goods that depreciate

Why is the middle-class so dumb?

Other urls found in this thread:

catphones.com/en-us/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>spending money on anything
Inoright

dunno i wanted to impress sluts, anyways I'm getting the dank af future proof caterpillar phone next

catphones.com/en-us/

Because if they werent, there would be revolution every 20 years like Jefferson wanted.

Annoying these things are both (a) almost required in many careers and (b) only made to last at most 3 or 4 years. I rode my last one as hard as I could for literally a half decade but its number eventually got called.

Its like a car. You know you're not going to be making money off it but so the least you can do is soften the impact...and it not like you can really live without one.

>almost required in many careers
keep telling yourself that

iknow right. i still using my nokia brick phone and the fuckin jews keep telling me i need to upgradd and they are not going to support it anymore. it's fuckin bullshit

Uhhh I'm a limo driver and almost all of my trips come through an app.

If I had an interview tell me they dont have a cell phone, reguardless of skills, goodbye. Not even continuing the interview at that point

>most jobs like limo driver for an app.
You meant some companies require an iphone however an actual company would give you a company phone and not require you have one before hand.
You must not be a native english speaker. The company isnt requiring you to buy specifically an iphone. You can buy a cheap flip phone from walmart and be okay.

And you fail at reading comprehension as OP did not say a word about an iphone.

>walking around a financial services firm/corporation with a flip phone
You underestimate image for many professions lmaooo

>yfw all consumer goods depreciate just on different time horizons

it is clearly the image in OP
if i was interviewing an old ass as deliberately obtuse as you, regardless of skills, goodbye

latest gen moto g sells for $200
they all look like a black rectangle

Planned obsolescence.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

>implying all consumer goods don't depreciate nowadays

>Using a slowly decaying meat machine to carry your consciousness
iShig

>800
>keep phone 3 years
>literally 73 cents a day

Are you really so poor that 73 cents makes a difference?

>he buys mr shekelsteins smart phone
its probably stealing money from your pockets as you carry it around.

lol, underrated post.

>enjoying your life

Because its hip and trendy

Good choice user, i'm typing from one right now. Had it 4 years and still works great!

because some people don't give a fuck about spending $1k on a phone because they aren't neets and have real jobs that allow them to make such purchases.

Just bought the galaxy a5 2017, after 4 years of my galaxy s4.
It's really basic, I like it, good quality/price ratio. The best thing is the battery life, moderate use could last you two days.
I can just call and use apps all day without having to worry about it dying all of a sudden.

>i need a relatively cheap status symbol available to proles like me to enjoy life

To enjoy the money they have earned? Not everything is an investment you robot

My iphone 5 still runs like a champ after 4 years. I finally had to retire my ipad 2 after 10 years but it still runs.

Im 22 Years old and in the Army
I bought a decent noname-brand prepaid smart phone for 100$ and the monthly cost comes out to about 13$ a month for 300MB data and enough calls and texts. But I still get A TON of shit and stuff from the people here, my point is the petty bullshit doesn't end after highschool, it gets worse

>Mfw an NCO tries to FORCE me to buy an iPhone so I can use to squads group chap more smoothly

>group chap
should have been "group chat"
pls no bully

The average person around here is so fucking bad with money they will buy a car with 30% interest and make payments equal to 3/4 of their monthly paycheck. I live in the barracks and my total monthly expenses are around 100$ a month in fixed expences. And maybe 60-90$ a month in optional BS, but I know tons of soldiers who live in the barracks, have no real expenses(healtcare, housing, food all provided. vehicles not even needed) yet are in thousands of dollars of debt.
Human beings are not treated like cattle, human beings ARE cattle, hook them up to a milk machine and milk them. They cannot be trusted to budget our own money, let alone VOTE on how to budget our nations money

Because i haven't had a smartohone since the original motorola droid.

Only had it 3 months and dropped it...

Master race galaxy s7 firebomber here. Hoping it burns my shitty house down.

Really nothing not to love here.

Im not buying as assett to buy a 600 dollar fucking phone.

I do hwever wish i had my llc still so i could wrte it off but wtf ever.

Because some of us actually want to get laid.

Nearly all consumer goods depreciate. They should never be understood as stand alone investments or assets

I only own a pair of boots, im so inteligent boys

>depreciate
Is there an aboject it the wolrd that doesn't do this?

you don't get laid

Art, classic cars, collectibles, land

old Ferraris and porsches, rare magic cards, property, gold and stones

>yfw time horizon is not a constant and not a horizon

My phone battery has lasted a year, it can't go a day without charging anymore, there's no chance it could get close to 3 years.

>sony xperia Z5 premium
fuck sony

*expenses

t.jamal

>implying there are more than two classes consisting of proletariat and bourgeoisie

The bourgies know how to keep the proles in line.

because the iphone 7 is simply the best smartphone one can buy
beautiful design and perfect os
android is for poorfags

iphones are overprized as hell, but if you just want a smartphone that works with no bullshit, you gotta bite that bullet.

Personally, I could easily afford it, but it's just not worth it too me. I'll stick with my blackberry for quite a few more months, and when I finally have to get a new one, I'll see what I do.

The only thing that bugs me about iphones, is that idiots that think its a status symbol.

No, it's fucking not. If everyone, not matter if on wellfare or in a McJob can get one, it is not a status symbol. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But on the other hand, I wish everyone would buy one of those, and apple keeps rising the prices, because that will keep rising the apple stock. And that is the apple product I own.

I cringe at some of the shit I've bought in the past. Computers with multiple graphics cards, a racing bike and other electronics. I could be thousands of pounds richer, at least I wised up before doing serious damage.

>posting the one brand that depreciates the least

you're an ironic cuck.
Step up, faggot.

>buy Nexus 6 2 years ago for $350
>blazing fast, good screen, stereo speakers
>2 years later still pretty fast and I see no reason to upgrade
>I could sell it right now for $200 and every day of use this amazing tool would have costed me 20 cents.

Having a smartphone is a ridiculously good deal if you buy it used and sell it on eBay when you're done with it.

>rare magic cards
you're a wizard, hairy