I want to get a crossover because I'm a 22 year old with the mentality of a 32 year old soccer mom...

I want to get a crossover because I'm a 22 year old with the mentality of a 32 year old soccer mom, but I've never driven an AWD before, what are they like to drive compared to RWD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-62Dr1JgAh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just get a hatch back, thats all they are, hatch backs on stilts and they have awd so that they can tow a caravan through a wet caravan park.

I want something with more trunk space and headroom than a hatchback

If you're getting a crossover you're not going to be driving the car hard enough to probably even experience the cons of AWD. AWD is similar to FWD where it's pretty mindless to drive. What cars are you currently looking at?

then get a sedan wtf is your problem?
if you get a crossover you are literally cancer.

>Sedan
>More trunk space and headroom than a crossover
What

Only the Volvo XC60 and Mazda CX5 right now

It's extremely difficult to drive an awd car. You need to take a 150 question test for a special license. The dynamics of the entire car change and it's really a step up from a two wheel drive vehicle.

What sup with the crossovers are bad meme? Is Veeky Forums just mad that almost every crossover on the market can beat their shitbox in a straight line?

Honestly a full sized sedan, say a Malibu/accord and up will have more room than a crossover. Every crossover I've been in has the back row seats so far back and such a shitty rake tothe roof line that you can fit almost nothing into the back hatch space. A trunk with fold down seats is better.

Awd is easy, it gives you better traction when accelerating, it doesn’t give you better brakes tho

This is just wrong.

An Accord has 15.8 cubic feet of space in the trunk

XC-60 has 22.4 cubic feet

CX-5 is known for having a tiny trunk and even that has 17.9 cubic feet

Crossovers are on car chassis. So they're taller and heavier this perform worse than a car. And they're too weak and fragile for SUV purposes. The hatch style is also shit for storage compared to a wagon or sedan.

Hatch cargo space looks large because of the verticalness, which is basically useless.

Most of them are just cars on stilts without the added suspension to go off pavement. The increase ride height does nothing other than give the driver a false sense of increase safety.
Its a segment that was created to sell SUVs to women, but still have decent gas mileage that the regulatory agencies demand. You can't even rightfully call them a jack of all trades since they're often not particularly good at anything.

That being said some of them are decent enough road vehicles, and if you like the way they look nothing should stop you from buying one.

Yeah, who puts bikes or boxes in cars anyways

go ahead, put your ikea furniture into the smart car your dad bought you. vertical space is useful for groceries and things homeowners need, not that you would know what any of those are.

Because nobody owns dogs or anything like that

In pretty much any hatch and any cross over you can fold down the rear seats.
This hypothetical you're arguing over wouldn't even arise unless you have 3-4 people in the vehicle in addition to your cargo.

I guess you all are to poor to go on vacations then. Trying to load up four people's worth of luggage plus the people is a nightmare in a crossover, easy as cake in any sedan.

>he isn't part of the slow life
A ten year old minivan can easily beat my shitbox in a straight line and probably in the corners, too.

I've driven all across the country actually. I've climbed in the Rockies, held a snowball in my hand in the middle of July, and was in the high desert just a couple days later.
Roof racks and trailer hitch cargo carriers exist.

Come back with a real argument instead of an infantile shitpost.

Nice, I've done that on two continents, with a a Tahoe in our beloved land of the free, and with a 3 series BMW in Austria italy. You'll find both of those are proper vehicles, not crossovers, and that your post is just as chock full of shit as anybody else's here.

>I need to fit 4 adults and a bicycle inside of a sedan!
>You're too poor to afford vacation!

My man I think you're genuinely retarded.

>what are they like to drive

How about you go drive one, retard

Doug is that you

youtube.com/watch?v=-62Dr1JgAh4

When I was 16 my mom bought one of the original Foresters

It was a neat car, not very cool but it was good for living in a mountainous semi-rural snowy place

I got head in it

It was bretty gud

>better in ride, handling & aerodynamics
>more practical cargo shape
>much cheaper

you will be surprised how similiar you are with 32

not much will change

think about this post in 10 years

t. 31 yr old :(

>tfw 35
>tfw soon 36
>tfw the older you get the faster years go by

Wait for the XC40 it should be coming out soon.

26, and I feel like I'm just a stressed version of myself at 16.

I killed the last four years of my life commuting 50 miles to work. Feels like no time passed. I remember less than 30 days, except for the year I commuted to work in a 30 year old shitbox. Every one of those trips I remember. Didn't do enough novel shit overall though.

Thoughtless routine is death.

Get a wagon then, you numale faggots are what is killing the car industry with your bullshit.

why the fuck are you making there be a demand for such horrid shit when for the same price you can have something superior in every way imaginable?

I test drove crossovers every weekend for the past month shopping with/for my wife. Holy smokes there are a lot of crossovers now. The Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-5 were my favorites. The Honda is probably the best all around. We'll probably go with the Honda. The Kia Sorento is really comfy but too heavy.

>compared to RWD
Boring but stable. What do you expect?

Get the CX-5 to help fund RX projects and other cool cars. Mazda needs the money.

The CX5 has a junk AWD system that maybe shouldn't even be called AWD. XC60 has a less shitty system that's still mainly FWD. The handling is basically crap. There's really no point in getting them over the 3 hatch (which the CX-5 is based on) or the V60 wagon, unless you're a woman.

Honestly, the only two AWD crossovers I'd look at are the Porsche Macan, which has a good AWD system that can do rather well in even moderate off-road use because Porsche is weird like that, or the Subaru Forester, which has a great AWD system but obviously loses out on luxury compared to everything else.