So my rich uncle (no kids...

So my rich uncle (no kids, surprise surprise) is planning to buy a nice sports car around 150K to celebrate the selling of his second business now. He knows I'm a car guy and wanted my recommendation. I recommended a Porsche 911 Carrera GTS.

Good recommendation? Any better ones in this range?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QwcpuO71A0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Porsche Cayman GTS

In manual.

Cadillac CTSV wagon, in Manual. Or a 2017 CTS-V

>So my rich uncle (no kids, surprise surprise)

Your uncle isn't rich because he doesnt have kids. Its because he worked his ass off for it. Sure having kids lessens the blow but plenty of broke ass uncles are out there. On the flip side plenty of uncles are out there who are rich and have kids.

Looks like someone's bitter that they knocked up a trailer park crack-ho a couple of times and are stuck with a shit life as a result now.

You have to get the money before the kids.
Which sucks, because that's difficult, but otherwise it's even harder to get it.

i thought he was only saying the uncle had no kids because hes gay or a doofy nerd or something

tell him to grow a pair and get a hellcat

having kids isn't a bad thing its basically crucial to the human experience everything else is man made junk created to entertain our boring existence

porsche 911 carrera gts

tell him to get a BROMARO

Grandfather just bought a new base GT3 6spd.
If he wants an over the top sportscar, GT3 with the touring package which takes the racecar out.

Or just a 911 GTS.

>Looks like someone's bitter that they knocked up a trailer park crack-ho a couple of times and are stuck with a shit life as a result now.

lol what? Im a 26 year old single dude, Im not bitter or jealous of OP's uncle. I'm just saying just because you don't have kids means you'll be rich. Or are you too stupid to understand that simple statement. Dumb ass.

>You have to get the money before the kids.
>Which sucks, because that's difficult, but otherwise it's even harder to get it.

Says who? Thats not the case for most people. I knew a girl who was pretty middle class as a child, then her dad ended up going back to school and doing really well in his biz and eventually he started buying properties in other countries. Over a few years they became upper middle class.

Life isn't as black and white as most posters on Veeky Forums seem to make it.

Stop being jelly of your uncle because he's more successful than (You).

Good recommendation desu. You could also get a used Ferrari 458 for around that money, but Porsche is probably a better ownership experience.

an older porsche 91q from the 70s or whatever is way more tasteful imo. chicks and normies will dig the fuck out of that

AMG

W A G O N
A
G
O
N

Sorry, you'll be miserable if you're having kids and a woman fucks you over in alimony.

I'd rather die alone in a Porsche too.

Nigga you're a neet gtfo thinking you have options

try at least 200k for that

Do you guys have low-functioning autism?

Maybe OP is saying it's no surprise that his uncle doesn't have kids because he wants to buy a nice sports car to celebrate the selling of his second business.

If he isn't brand loyal to anything, I would recommend a fairly well optioned E63 S.

>Thats not the case for most people
yeah for most people its have the kids and then never get rich

>i knew this girl

Nah, you can do it for under $200K.
Maybe $175K, if you know who to talk to. I wanted to do it myself, but settled.

Holy fucking shit, you guys are really a bunch of fucking autists. Its his fuckig uncle and he wants a new car for 150k thats it. WHo the fuck cares if hes gay, has kids or not, or how he earned that fucking money i swear you all make a discussion out of anything i cant believe it, its almost surreal.

He said sports car, not pigfat luxobarge

No one's talking to you!

911 Carrera GTS is a pretty safe bet, can't really go wrong.

Maybe he just wants bonding time with you? Go around to some showrooms with him and have fun!

No, he's rich because he doesn't have kids. Women and children will suck you dry before you can invest in fucking penny stocks.

Tell him to get a dodge viper vinyl wrapped with his waifu.

Pic marginally related.

nah car s perfect performance car for people who arent into performance cars

mercedes have electrical issues
bmws mave mechanical
VAG and lambos look like everybody elese has them
porsches have longer service intervals
and the "frunk" has pretty good room in it you can get a weekly shop in it as opposed to a ferrari or lambo that has a frunk that supports the dirtiest of weekends.

911 GTS is just the S with shitload of alcantara. You can option the S the same way and it's not even that much expensive, the alcantara would be maybe the only thing where you save money with the GTS compared to optioning it in the S hence it's the alcantara special.
I would recommend optioning a dream S and compare it to the GTS and see which one feels better.

It's not a special model like GT3 and no way collectible more than S or tje base Carrera.
The new 911 T would be something special, baby 911R.

Also make your uncle watch all Nick Murray videos.
youtu.be/QwcpuO71A0U

The GTS comes with all of the S' optional "sport" bits standard, no? And I know the previous one added some GT3 bits here and there too, for less than it'd cost to option a regular S to the same spec.

997.2 Turbo S. Was the fastest 'real world' 911 they sold of the 997 range. Last of the mezger engined turbos and in manual a sure classic for the future.

cayman gts, by many said to be the best handling car ever made

>mashing throttle in straight line auto
>requiring ANY balls
kek dragqueens gay as fuck as always

Crucial human experience? Then what the hell am I doing? I have absolutely zero will to reproduce. I would much rather die alone in a porsche too

A tastefully modded civic

Almost like its a discussion board

Mercedes AMG GT-S or GT-R. Just...not in white or grey. I don't get why the old dude I know with one got it in fucking silver.

Also regardless of what he gets, he should lease.

Porsches tend to be owned by rabid fanboys.
Kind of like the jackholes hanging around here, if they had cars.

The 911 is a good choice. Alternatives around the same price seem to be the AMG GT/GTC/GTS and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTS. Sadly you don't seem to be able to fit a showroom mid engined car into that budget.

Actually there is one option, I'm just not sure if it's still available because sources speak of a limited production run, or if it's ever been available in the US or will ever be available in the US, and that's the Lotus Evora GT430.

>Also regardless of what he gets, he should lease.

Why is that?

Don't invest in depreciating assets. If it drives, flies, floats or fucks, lease it.

>weeaboo faggot
>has wrong engine & is proud of it

pottery

>no kids, surprise surprise

at least you have something you can liquidate after you're finished paying it off. after the lease is done, you're left with nothing

Leasing isn't as smart as you think it is, otherwise manufacturers wouldn't offer it. In the end it amounts to the same loss as buying a car and selling it after the same amount of time.

The GTS is slightly more powerful with 450ps (420 for the Carrera s).
The GTS is the best 911

and it's going to hold its value really well. they'll likely become a collector's car

I was going to recomend the AMG GT S over the 911 GTS, but the Porsche performs way better.
The Corvette is another car he might consider. The Grand Sport, I mean. Get it with the 3LT package and it holds its own as a GT/sports car.

The 911 and R8 (stretching the budget a bit if he wants to buy new) are probably the two best options in that price range. Can't go wrong with either desu

Is the Evora 400 still a thing?

>but the Porsche performs way better
I wouldn't worry about a few split seconds at some race track. My concern would be reliability and quality, and the 911 might just outrun the competition in that regard.

HHHNNNNNNNGGGGGG I WANT ONE SO FUCKING BAD

2.3 isn't wrong. 3.7 is.

You also probably put in a lot less. Therefore, even though you gained nothing, you net a smaller loss. It works for some cars, it doesn't for others. For instance, always lease BMW because they depreciate so goddamn quick.

Kek

>having kids isn't a bad thing
Retard spotted

>The GTS is the best 911
>GT2 RS
kek

You can only make that argument if you're referring to the 997 GT2RS

991 GT2RS is used solely for bench racing and dick measuring, where the GTS can be used in non-autistic applications

Honda NSX

ABOUT Cars

if he hasn't driven a lot of sports cars before he should work his way up from slower cars first

just to experience more things and figure out what he really wants from a car

He means if you have money.

Cayman GTS since he isnt really into cars all that much

BMW i8 is pretty sweet imo. I had 150k I would get that one.

Otherwise I'd get a 10 year old Porsche.

Base model 911 is the best 911.

The 911 GTS is the best choice
>sleeper
>no pussy Cayman, the real deal 911

The 911 T honestly looks pretty fucking dope, I like all the changes they've made to it. In my opinion it's pretty much the apex of a grand tourer. It's still plenty practical, comfortable interior (I assume it's at least as good as other Carreras), manual transmissions, shortened final drive.

In my opinion a gt car should be something you can drive every day, maybe not with great utility, but useable, but definitely something you are willing to drive 100 miles to the track, do some laps, and drive back with a smile on your face.

i drive my porsche daily, give me your dick measuring car, and i will daily it too.
>Fuck comfort

Would you really do that to a V8? Come on, now.

911 is a solid choice. Maybe consider a viper while you can still get them new. Itll be cooler a few years from now when you own the last good car the chrysler group made and the last American sports car that was actually competetive.

>911
>Viper
wtf amerifat....

Corvette Z06.

>911
>sleeper
what the shit u smoking

Tell him to get 30 miatas

NSX

fucking retard. the saying is "flies, floats or fucks" where the hell did you get driving if it doesn't even start with the letter F you imbecile