What are some cars that look better in person than they do in pictures...

What are some cars that look better in person than they do in pictures? What are some cars that look better in pictures but worse in person?

this is a tough question, because modern photogs can make any car look good in a picture

Except Ford's press photo department. It's mind boggling how much better S550s look in person.

most cars look better in person

I didn't care for the new miata so much until I saw them around town. Also, most super cars are less impressive when I've seen them up close.

the cars that look significantly better in person are almost always the ones that were sculpted in clay instead of in CAD.

FOV and "effective viewing distance" count for a shit ton.

On point matey, the ass of a 997 cab looks goofy as hell in pics, in real life it's berry nice

why do aftermarket exhausts do that shit to bumpers?

User error.

Problem is, I think most people's opinions of cars are ones they've formed from looking at pictures, assuming that truly captures what it feels to lookat it in person, which for some cars, is a vast gap.

It's just weird to me, some cars that look gorgeous to me and have such a presence, would come out looking so ordinary or maybe even ugly in some angles in pictures.

And it's not the same with every car, there are some cars that I think look worse in person, or feel exactly the same about between a picture and real life.

>What are some cars that look better in person than they do in pictures?

modern Lexus
Nissan Juke (still not great but it looks better on the streets)
Panamera
Teslas

>What are some cars that look better in pictures but worse in person?

new Miata especially the RF
which is bad cuz it looks like shit in pictures

Skyline GT-Rs
very underwhelming in person especially the R32 aged horribly
old NSX
Delorean
240SX
really a shit ton of 80s and 90s cars

Can't believe I'm agreeing with newfagay, but I especially agree on the point with the R32. Looks fantastic on paper, but in person they're ... pretty underwhelming.

You're right on everything but the R32, see quite a few living where I do and I've never not turned head at one

For me personally:

>see R35 in pictures
>looks ugly as fuck
>see it in traffic
>not even a shred of presence
>just see a bloated nissan

>see new NSX in pictures
>think they'll probably be more exciting in person
>really not all that attractive except for the tailights

First one from the top of my head is the cla. I always like the way it looks in pictures but whenever I see one parked in the street they just look so melted and blobish. Especially the lower trim models with insanely small wheels

>

Porsches always look super big in pictures while in reality they are pretty small.
The fist time i saw a GTR i couldnt believe it because it looks so huge when photographed.

Same with the Supra. Everyone says it's "so massive," but when you see one in person it's actually pretty smol. Same dimensions as an FR-S.

Dimensional context without comparable objects can only come from bodily proportions, and it just happens to be /curvy/.

Old NSX is one of the few older cars that still looks stunning, even more so with cars getting bloated.

New Mazda RF looks alright except from an angle where you see the false fastback setup.

Delorean is....guess you could say hyped up by nostalgia. Most here will irrationally love it because of BTTF.

Agree with the R32 as well..

The rx7 is one for sure
Miata too
Pictures make them look too blobby
I've never liked FCs until I saw one IRL
The FD looks drop dead gorgeous
The opposite for me would be 300zx and esprits
Especially the ones with the shitty "I had popups until last gen" headlights

I always thought second gen camaro look better in person than in pictures. Google second gen camaro and the look like wierd shaped fastback with droopy noses and shit. But irl with the small spoiler and the lip in front o love them

I think the single best example of photo size vs real size is the Dodge Viper. It looks big, and it has an 8L V10, so you expect it to be big. I was shocked to see one in person, its slightly bigger than a Miata, like they just added a foot to the nose and gave it a widebody kit.

80s celicas look garbage in pictures

Can confirm, I hated them until I saw one in traffic.

Shit, true. Viper looks like a behemoth in pictures but if you were walking past it in a parking lot you might miss it if you aren't paying attention.

This wasn't on my phone for some reason

This.

Some of them that I like a lot, but hate in pictures are the Supra, every STI, R32, 33 and 34 GTR, older Evos, new age Camaros, new age Mustangs (especially the newest one, I hate in pictures, saw a yellow/black stripe one today and wewlad) and a lot more. Some pictures look good, but the majority I do not like. Now in person, I think these cars look really good.

I think it's because most cars are designed like this rather than on a computer. They physically walk around the car and form it how they like.

Clay a best

Though makes me wonder about the Z32, considering it was the first fully CAD designed car.

I like it equally in pictures and in person.

Foot wider than an NA miata, an inch taller and a foot longer.

>takes something very small
>compares it to regular sized objects

yes, things will seem big

my penis will seem big compared to yours

This, there's a "well okay that's it I guess moment" when you approach them
Also unless you let it rot in a garage, have fun racing every boyracer and having to try extra hard to pass fucking truck driver when you go anywhere other than the groceries

Seeing an Aventador or a Gallardo is such a non-moment for me. They're so unexciting somehow.

first gen mustang 2+2 looks much different in person
lower wider and shorter than what photos look like
photos make it look tall and pig fat

Which gen is that again?

lc500
Saw one in person and was miring it .
Definitely a head Turner

If anyones interested in the story, the intercooler pipe popped off on track, car ran super rich for a second and burnt up the rear with flames.

I fully believe that the 4th gen f-body is among the best looking of the 90s, yet they look like dogshit until you see them in person.

I'd say there are few new Mercedes-Benz cars that suffer from this...usually the infill cars in the states: CLA, CLS. Both are bad in person, I think.

Cars these days have far more complicated shaped and use plenty of different materials

Kind of have to agree

If you've never seen one, I wouldn't blame you for spitting on it, but in person, man, I wouldn't mind owning one.

Love DB9
Hate convertibles
Despise the volante

See one in shop parking lot at work
Stop in my tracks
Car owner comes out behind me and sees me staring at it in my coveralls I just stammer, "nice car"

He says thanks it's my baby.
I replied, "Sir babies are cute, that thing is gorgeous."

It's a pretty fun car to drive, cracked dash aside. I get a lot of compliments from people, usually along the lines of "Don't see too many of those anymore!".

also
>T-Tops
it's like a convertible but not gay

the maserati gran turismo looks incredible in person

100% agree

Wait I have pics of early Z32 clay models tho

modded 911s

Ford's look worse in press photos versus real life
GM's look better in photos

>"Sir babies are cute, that thing is gorgeous."

fuckin kek
You're right though.