Apply for job

>apply for job
>"Dear user, thank you very much for applying to us. After careful consideration I regret to inform you that we will not be proceeding with your application further. As we received a record number of applicants this year we apologize that feedback on your application cannot be provided."

This is my 98th rejection in 6 months so far. I don't understand what the f I'm doing wrong. I phoned up several alumni contacts, and even after a friendly chat no one is willing to even give an unpaid internship. Guess I found out the hard way who my "friends" are. I even attended ALL the university career fairs and networking events. I always seemed to connect with the spokesperson at the company stall who would then encourage me to apply. Then when I applied a few days later I would just get instantly rejected. Because these companies NEVER provide feedback I literally have no clue where I am going wrong everytime.

To think I graduated with a STEM degree from a top university is even more embarassing. I'll give 2 more applications a go but after my 100th rejection I am going to kms. There is no hope for me otherwise. No point in living in a system which consistently rejects you with no explanation

Are you applying for UK graduate roles?

They're hard as fuck so don't beat yourself up too much.

Lol user. Move into a low population density area. All the big city jobs are already taken

Same story.

Living in a country where all the jobs are concentrated along 2 cities... and everyone wants to fucking come and live here.

Kek. I only applied to 5 places and got a £30k starting job within 2 months of graduating. You're just not trying hard enough. Stop whining or just kys fgt.

given up on the graduate roles ages ago. switched to cold calling firms directly but no ones hiring...now I just spam my application through Reed, Monster, Indeed hoping I get atleast somewhere...

If all the jobs are taken then why the fuck do they keep advertising they have 1000s job openings? like what the fuck is with this misinformation

Americanon here. I started putting that I'm hispanic/latino on my applications since most, if not all online jobs are through places that have affirmative action.
It's either that or I lay down and wait for my white genes to die.

>If all the jobs are taken then why the fuck do they keep advertising they have 1000s job openings? like what the fuck is with this misinformation
Many hiring/district/whatever managers like to constantly have a stack of people looking for jobs in case they decide they want to get rid of someone and then they can have a replacement in short order.

I interviewed for a promotion with my company with the douchebag district manager who told me in the interview that "he'll interview a hundred people and usually only one or two he'll like". Obviously I was rejected.

You're exaggerating to fish for sympathy, and this negativity is holding you back.

Pfft you baby try 300 hundred applications and having to move halfway across the country before I found a job.

Boy it's so hard filling out an application and submitting your resume. Yea rejection sucks but crying about it is just pathetic.

You were rejected because you just weren't good enough. Why is this so hard for brainlets to comprehend?

Personally I'd suggest saving your time and proceeding with killing yourself.

Well why should they hire you. You obviously have nothing that everyone else doesn't already have. So make yourself special. Become not what they want, but what they "need". So what, you have a degree. Congrats you bought a piece of paper for thousands of dollars. Don't let them give you a job. Grant them the privilege of your employment. Don't be a vagina.

>Had 2nd interview 6 days ago
>Bad feeling I'm going to wake up to
>>"Dear user, thank you very much for applying to us. After careful consideration I regret to inform you that we will not be proceeding with your application..."
>This job would be really good for me and my family
>I just want to be put out of my misery
>The waiting game is horrible

Bro! why not starting putting it all in on jnug?

this.

the harsh truth is our society is competitive enough that if you arent good enough to be interviewing them as much as theyre interviewing you, you get thrown in the pile.

honestly think about how you can be someone that brings them money.

They can't tell you why they did not pick you, thanks to our lawsuit happy society.

THANKS LAWYERS, ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE MADE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

Post job description, resume + cover letter

We're more than happy to give you some feedback

>applied for first job
>got it
>applying for second job
>well on track to getting it

must suck to be a joblet

This board is full of sociopaths

While you likely hold the educational background needed for the job in a STEM-based career, you are probably lacking elsewhere.

Your degree is not a guarantee for a job, since most positions you apply for will require that degree as a MINIMUM qualification.

That means you're at the bottom of the ladder, not at the top.

Why were you rejected? Probably because...as a STEM based person, you lack EQ, which is common. You may be socially awkward, lack confidence in your speech, lack command and enforcement and confidence, perhaps you stutter, maybe you ramble and do not get to the point in your interviews...any one of these qualities will sink your chances in a competitive job market.

You need to be smart to get the job. But you also need to be the guy who can be placed in front of the client, win the job/contract, and instill confidence in the client so they know everything will be taken care of by you.

This combination of qualities is rare among STEM-based people.

This board is full of sociopaths who became successful because of sheer luck and think that everyone who isn't successful just isn't trying hard enough

>applys for jobs
>get job
>others call
>welp

I'm 2 weeks in and about to quit it sucks ass but pays decent justwagecuckthings

are you done being a whiny little bitch? that's what it's like now. experience is all that matters in getting jobs, and you have none. you're probably, unknowingly, applying for non-entry level roles and competing with hundreds of people with 3-5yrs of exp in the field already, so there's no way you're getting hired. you're gonna have to start in the mail room if you aren't gifted (and you wouldn't have this problem if you were).

you're going to need to cut the "woe is me" attitude and pull out the killer instinct attitude if you want to succeed. you have no friends while job hunting, you get ahead by stepping on other people to move up. networking is a lie for entry level and is only effective when you have 5+ yrs in the field - no one is willing to risk their rep on a no-experience nobody.

don't tell your friends where you're applying, don't tell your family. dwelling on the failures and the fake support from family/friends after a reject is toxic and will kill you. don't think about an application after you submit it and don't think about the interview after you go to one (if you get one). don't keep count, and always assume you didn't get the job in every instance (unless you hear otherwise) and keep pushing forward. it's the only way to make it through the job hunt alive. there's your explanation.

it's true. you have to become a sociopath to succeed in this world.

pretty unlucky it seems, but did you not have an internship? I'm encouraged to intern at a company every year of my course. In the final year we have a compulsory 12 week internship which apparently sets you up pretty well for a job straight after graduation. That, I think, would be especially crucial. my uni is basically ensuring we get a job.

This board is full of 350 pound lard asses who've surrounded themselves with 450 pound lard asses. The only thing they're ""successful"" at is not being the fattest most disgusting piece of shit in the room.