So I recently happened upon a pretty good deal on an R32 Skyline in the US. It’s pretty clean, but is not stock...

So I recently happened upon a pretty good deal on an R32 Skyline in the US. It’s pretty clean, but is not stock, though the mods are tasteful. Obviously it’s an amazing car and super fun, but I would be buying as an investment. What do you think appreciation would be like on these? Would the coming influx of r34s decrease or increase the value in a couple years? Can I resist the urge to drive it way too fast through the canyons and inevitably off of a cliff? Let me know your thoughts below.

Other urls found in this thread:

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=653582
pistonheads.com/news/ph-japanesecars/nismo-heritage-parts-service-launched/37144
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

R34 won't be until 2025ish in the US, unless you meant R33, which is the least important and desirable of r32-34 skylines.

As much as I'd love to have an R32, at the end of the day you're paying for a 25+ year old Nissan with parts harder to come by in the states and not easy to maintain.

As long as it's stock and clean an r32 gtr is only going to go up. Look to keep it for at least 15 years though.

its this one isn't it, Ohio, 75k miles, $20k

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=653582

Also buying an R32 GT-R for investment is a bad idea. They are rare but not as rare as you think. Buy it if you want to enjoy it.

If you already had a skyline than yeah, keep it as its value skyrockets. Same goes for the original NSX. But they aren't currently worth buying as an investment. If you want an investment car MAYBE an R34 GTR. Personally my money is on the original 12 cylinder BMW 8's, I think they may start to appreciate a little (at least enough to follow inflation) when the new BMW 8's are released.

very easy to get parts stop with this meme. Half the parts are shared with s-chassis so basically everything is easy to get and with online parts websites like justjap you can get pretty much EVERYTHING wihtin a few days shipping

>tastefully molested

The only investment grade 90s Japanese right now are:

NA1 NSX
BNR34
RZ A80

There's not going to be an "influx" of R34s in America. Yeah they will be imported but they made significantly less R34s then R32s so the R32 will still hold value. Also buying a car like this for an "investment" is pretty dumb senpai. I bought mine because I love it, I couldn't give two shits about what it's gonna be worth in 10 years

I don't know why the parts meme still exists in the age of the internet.

Aftermarket parts are easy to get for the R32. You know what isn't? Small miscellaneous shit like OEM dash pieces, headlights, OEM body panels/bumpers, etc.

Reproductions are made of literally everything you dunce

>buying sports cars as investments instead of driving them
I seriously hope nobody does this

>burgers are permitted to import cars from other countries and crash them into the mcdonalds drive thru
wake me up

uhhh no there isn't, and if you manage to find a new OEM piece it costs an arm and a leg. A new OEM ash tray goes for $150 for christ's sake

Seriously who walks up to this and thinks it looks good?

i absolutely fucking love mine. buy it op.

Lol. What kind of “good deal” do you mean?

OP, don'tget them as an investment. They're only going up in price because all the benchracers can get one now. Then the market is filled with them and they will be dirt cheap like before the US could get them
Dude is probably gonna say 25k lmfaoooo

>modded car
>investment

It's just going to go down in value. Everywhere these things are more available like Canada there is none worth over $10000 and people order them in more or less as drift shitboxes.

My coworker delivers pizza in one. It's not reliable and has tons of annoying little bits that have to come over seas. Like fucking halogen headlights have to come from Japan because they can't be bought here. The inline 6 died a horrible death at like 120k km and he has a SR20DET in it right now, it's slower than my 99 V6 Accord now. Like every other week he's trying to make it not be a shit.

yes mr bond

Km?

That's fine because Nismo Autech is making OEM parts. Read the news sometimes.

Who in their right mind would pay 20-25k for this.
BAKA
The price will drop sooner or later, when the R33s and 34s will start flowing in..

you have good taste in wheels.

pistonheads.com/news/ph-japanesecars/nismo-heritage-parts-service-launched/37144

Ausfag here who see's r32's almost every day,

Check for rust on the underbody/wheel arches. Also rb20's are not known for their reliability. Unlike another older engine such as the SR, rb20's are rarely modified or touched internally, which can be both a blessing and a curse. Check the awful rubber water lines these things run too, as well as the last timing belt change/all pulleys and belts. I suppose it's common sense really - check the service history. Also, define "tastefully modified". Assuming it's turbo, I would be cautious of anything over 8-10 psi on a stock motor with standard ecu otherwise you're in for trouble.

People over here actually sr20 their 32's. It's lighter, easier maintenance(ish) and makes generally better power with heaps of aftermarket support, but most of these motors are thrashed beyond belief. Cheaper than an rb25 too.

I'd say go for it but buy with your brain, not your heart. I've walked away from many supposed "clean" imports knowing full well it'll be more pain than joy.

>buy car as investment
>drives it around
>modified
WEW lawd.

t.has absoletely no idea wtf he is talking about

Even in australia you will never see an r32 everyday. You can go months without even seeing one they are very rare.

Rb20s not know for their reliabilty? What? They are probably the most reliable RB you can get. Those cunts just dont pop ever. An rb25 wont take half the raping a 20 will.

>check the service history
what the absolute fuck are you on? Who the fuck takes a 30 year old import in for servicing? Basically every example you will see was owned by a backyard mechanic doing his own servicing.

>cautious of anything over 8-10psi.
This is just the icing on the cake. You have no idea wtf you are talking about stop trying to give advice.

>i dont see them so no one else can see them

unless you own one youre not seeing an r32 everyday

alright you magic cunt
i see one several times a week, im sorry

>ive seen this car once, that makes me an expert
lmfao kys

let me guess, you saw one once and now you think you know all about them, who the fuck would put an SR in instead of just getting a 25 or better yet a 25det to drop in it, your talkling out your ass big time

You should probably stop fucking posting. Jesus Christ.

People do actually put an SR in there, Japanese guys have told me it’s for better weight distribution

has been done before but a 25det drops straight in and requires switching two pins in the harness so it is the infinitely better choice

I agree, and I know, but I’m only saying that people so in fact drop SRs in them.