Noob here, what kind of accessories would be nice to have besides the basics (vest, triangle, extinguisher, etc)...

Noob here, what kind of accessories would be nice to have besides the basics (vest, triangle, extinguisher, etc)? Are driving gloves worth having?

A Heuer Monaco

That's just a watch. Doesn't matter to driving.

piss jug
trunk monkey
seat gun
glovebox gun
bottle opener
condom
approximately $2.61 in spare change

Don't forget the tendies. You seem the kind who would enjoy it.

>a chronograph never played any part in driving

How retarded are you

>condom

... havent laughed that much in a while on Veeky Forums. Thanks.

ease it up, nerd.

You do realize this site is populated by people, not only your kind (virgins, worthless neets, etc), right?

you sound like a worthless neet virgin that lives the anonymous dream

its ok .. we are all on Veeky Forums for a reason.

You can stop role playing now dude. Nobody will bully you here for being the loser that you are. Veeky Forums is your safe space!

Oh fuck off, faggot. No wonder you have no friends nor a woman.

Stop projecting friend. Its fine. Just be yourself today. No need to pretend you are someone else today. Its addicting but you have to stop now.

:)

a decent jack
tow straps
emergency blanket, food, matches, flashlight
small bag of kitty litter
screwdriver set
allen wrench set
compact socket wrench set with a breaker bar if you need more leverage
US map, or map of whatever country you're from
spare fuses
compass
small gas can

Finally good advice, thank you!

a lot of guys will tell you gloves are for faggots, I got some nice leather gloves though and god damn does it feel good to drive with gloves on.
I heard they add +5hp as well.

>current year
>having to carry all of that shit
>not having AAA instead

>Are driving gloves worth having?
They really aren't necessary if you drive a modern car. Unless it's a convertible or you live somewhere really cold and the heating takes a while to kick in.
Gloves were essentialy when you had thin wooden steering wheels and no power steering but now that everything is thick and rubbery and fits well into your hand, now that every car has power steering and other assistances, they are more a matter of style than anything.

Driving gloves were more of a thing when power steering wasn't

shift warmer

Don't forget to put a dead squirrel in your glovebox.

gloves are fine if you live somewhere cold. Not taking gloves with you would be stupid if your somewhere really cold.

I also have a hammer in my car for delicate repairs.

What are these memes?

well, here is cold as fuck. Even had to start wearing one of those "russian" fur hats and I fucking hate hats.

Where is here and how did it suddenly become so much colder than ever?

(Not american) College town in a semi-mountainous place and I'm from a beach town. Also, last year snowed for the first time in over 5 years and, so far, this year is colder.

The oils from your hands eventually fuck up what your hands come into contact with. That's where the shiny leather look comes from on leather steering wheels that were matte from factory.

No, that's just what happens to leather when something is constantly rubbing over it.
it happens to the shoulders of leather jackets too when you wear bags often, then it starts to completely wear off very slowly.

I see. Cold and snow is great, enjoy

getting this mad

don't forget your jacket

Forgetting
>trunk gun
>passenger gun
>wheel arch guns
>engine block gun

That's gay as fuck.

>'murrica

Not for driving, from what I hear but we will see. It will be an experience, at least. Thanks!

So the leather gloves seem more like a tool to prevent damage on a fancy leather wheel.

Except for the part where they were mostly worn when driving with a wooden steering Wheel so your hands don't hurt by the time you're done

So that brings me to the question: since the times and materials have changed, are they now anything more than a fashion thingie?

Because even my dad (who is the best driver I've ever seen and better than this whole board put together) hasn't worn his in over 30 years.

Why 2.61 exact in change

Took me forever to find a jacket this style with out a stupid scorpion on it

pictures? I'm not a fan of the color and the scorpio looks absolutely retarded and something only a nerd would use.

Sun glasses that you only use/keep in the car.

Oh yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Also, something like a bobble head or a Hula dancer

I guess you don’t drive during the day against the sun

Giving money to the insurance Jews for the one or two times a year you'll need help

Not being self reliant as possible look at this fag

Do they make larger ones? You know for larger shift knobs..?

I just put the mirror down a bit. I have glasses, so sunglasses would be good only to wear with lenses or if they were prescribed.

>not having support
Dude, stop being a kid. Only deluded wankers think they can do everything alone.

If you have a car that's less than 30 years old and isn't a convertible, they are pretty much a fashion accessory, or worn solely for comfort.
Unless you're racing in which case it's a different question.

No
approximate
Read more good

I have a 2001 camaro and in my trunk I keep
>Craftman 110 pc mechanics toolset
>Another basic regular sized steel tool chest with my larger wrenches, ballpeen, super sized adjustable pliars, and a couple scredriver sets.
>Jack
I dont have a spare tire so in the wheel well I keep a set of jumper cables, about 15 foot of tow chain, and an air compressor/emergency light/siren that plugs into a lighter socket, and a couple spare rags.

I also keep a bottle of brake fluid, and a funnel with a rag stuffed in it tucked away into the corners under my hood.

The upfront cost of all that equipment sounds like it would cost more than a year's worth of AAA membership. Then again, you don't have to buy all that shit at once and more than half of it is optional.

You forgot
>water
>extra quart of engine oil
>window de-icing shit
>pack of cigarettes to pay hobos with

spoonfeed me desu