drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/gj2Bo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not about the amount of money, it's the principle of the matter. Why should someone be paid money to set up free recording software available to anyone, point a webcam at his face and play video games?

Based proper op

>He gets mad that other people have different opinions
>He gets mad that other people like what he doesn't like
>On the internet

Wew

Off to a good start, you insufferable faggot

>Tfw when ENB sub-humans think they have a place here shilling like massive queers.

>having to use that much estus
I'd like to see a similar webm from someone who's not a shitter.

Dark souls 2 is a shit game, stop posting content related to it

>Performs Duel Bow on entry
>Beckons you over to heal you
>Uses the Heide Spear, Disc Chime, and arguably one of the most fashionable sets in the entire series
>Can toss around lighting with seemingly little effort
>Is more than willing to help you with Flexile to keep Lucatiel's dumb ass alive, and against the last bosses
>Can take Watcher and Defender, Nashandra, and Aldia all in a row
Truly the best boy

>0 souls
>First try
This will never cease being hilarious, because the only explanation is being so shit as to die to Fume Knight twice while failing to pick up a bloodstain in an arena where the boss takes 10 seconds to spawn.

ENB may use OBS but he actually rents an office space and pays for business level internet.

And the reason people support him is because they like his content and want to see him keep doing that. If he wasn't making money as a streamer enough for it to be his day job more or less he would fuck off to do something else because he has family to take care of. So I and people like me keep supporting him because we want to continue watching his content especially since he's doing Souls.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO COSPLAY WITH A 15 CHARACTER LIMIT

FUCK YOU FROMSOFT

Be creative

It looks so slow.

These generals are not for discussing solely Demon's/Dark Souls, they're for discussing the slasher RPG games made by From in general.

Dark Souls is about as dead as System Shock is. The name of the series may not get new titles by itself, but it's common sense and knowledge that Bioshock is effectively a straight continuation, just as From will make a new game in the future that follows in the steps of Kings Field and Dark Souls but isn't explicitly called Dark Souls.

DaS2 babbies are so desperate to make up any excuse to defend that shitty boss. It's hilarious.

It's a fairly slow boss, but it's fair. He has very few if any bullshit moves, it feels a little like a DeS boss.

Fume Knight is overrated especially challenge wise but if you think he's a shitty boss then you're playing the wrong series.

It is, you can use most 2handed greathammer and UGS R2's to dodge under his swings, you can run circles around him because his attacks have deceptively little tracking, most of his high death ratio came from people trying to go for drinks at shit times and trying to get greedy with multiple hits between combos.

how bad is the estoc now, i want to mess around on a dex character but not sure whether to go mercenary or assassin

It's okay

Assassin is pretty crap, but so is mercenary to be fair.

Post fashion

>bringing back the old OP when everyone in the old thread agreed the abridged version with a link to the pastebins is better
>didn't even remove any of the dead links

Fuck off you sperg

>trying to go for drinks at shit times and trying to get greedy with multiple hits between combos
Which happens with every boss in every game in the series. It's not Raime's fault that people underestimate him.

That being said, Raime does have that quirk in his AI where he'll stop what he's doing and smash you down if he detects you sipping, which Alonne also shares and which they later brought over to be used with Champ. It's just that item usage can actually be punished in DaS2, much less so in DaS3.

Try actually checking those pastebins, they were filled to the brim with dead/duplicate links and worthless for helping people.

That straight up looks like some forgot to add texture to the armor

>no strong souls bf like bradley to protect me

what starting class should i pick in your opinion?

That's what I mean, some of the pastebins in this OP still have dead links.

The head looks kind of small compared to the body, and the shine/luster of the two don't quite match.

Pretty good looking, but I'd imagine that Yuria's mask would clash against Drakeblood Armor under different lighting.

Mercenary. Contrary to what a lot of people will say, the extra FP does actually help if you aren't a scrub who only mashes R1, and if you don't need the strength or vitality, you get the most bang out of Mercenary start.

I really like the summons in 2, in that they didn't have much expansion or backstory. It felt like they were just other adventurers in the area, people just like us.
But if I had to choose one person to know more about, it would be that guy. Or Luet, who decided to dual wield Greatshields of Glory, and is almost as happy as Bradley upon success.

I want to do a playthrought without focusing on Dex, Str or quality build
What do you guys suggest? I was thinking of something like a pyromancer but I keep hearing that they are only good if you go all the way to 120 and they only get good at late game
That silver knight armor is way too sleek for the helmet

Have you tried reading them? Do try actually checking the links here and seeing if they're the same as the ones in the pastebin from the last thread.

>DaS2 NPC invaders

The base ones, or the Scholar ones? The Scholar ones are far more competent than the others.

You don't have to start as Assassin to get the Estoc, just free Greirat from his cell and straight up buy it from him at Firelink.

Pyro is quite fun, you actually just need to reach Irithyll or so to unlock the vast majority of the good stuff for them. It's not like Faith where you only get good once you reach TRC and beat SoC, or Sorcery where you have to beat Oceiros and access the Grand Archives to unlock the best stuff.

It's very, very slight. So slight that it doesn't trigger my autism, even.

Would you guys at any point be interested in a complete newbie's run at DaS2?
I know nothing about the game, I don't even know what the first boss looks like. I only know that there are lots of more than 1 boss.
I don't know what weapons are good.
You can watch me fumble around for a good while.
I got the the end of DeS, near the end of DaS, half way through DS3 so unfortunately I'm not new to the concepts.

imgur.com/a/gj2Bo

I'd watch but I'm about to head to bed and I'm a dumb phoneposter who can't watch anything on mobile.

Yeah, let's see it

Pyro is ridiculously strong and has a bunch of viable melee options with both unique weapons and Dark infusion.
Faith is easily the most versatile, a "faith" build could mean a bunch of different things.
Sorcery takes quite a bit of skill for successful solo PVP. Try a Heysel Pick build, it's really fun, but not really for sub-SL80 build because it needs 60 INT to shine.

>no commentary unless your voice is pure sex
>no shilling after the first link is posted
>one donation mention and I'm gone
Any of those, it's fine.

If you are going to try to change up the OP, the burden is on you.

Well that's good to know, an spell I've always wanted to try is the flying fireball that shoots people
Is it doable to use the Onyx blade on a pyromancer build?
Hell, can you have both, good output damage from pyromancy and trade some blows?

Onyx Blade was made for pyro builds, it's highly recommended

Pyro is all about combining fireballs with swordplay, you'll be mixing the two regularly. The only real problem with Pyros is that you're stretched really thin for stats since you have to invest heavily in Int and Fai, while also leveling Att and keeping Vigor and Endurance at respectable levels.

Why is Pyro so boring in DaS1?

Why did occult become dark? Occult sounds so much cooler and has actual lore implications.

Because DaS is the land of Poise

Cause it's OP as shit and the only pyro worth using is black flame.

Occult isn't Dark, it was just another form of Magical damage. Even Divine wasn't properly its own thing, it was just Magical damage that scaled with Faith.

Dark didn't even properly exist until DaS2 made it into its own damage type.

Its just boring all around, even PvE its super not good for anything.

>pyro not good in 1.......

>SotFS ruined dragon aerie by spamming corrosive exploding guys around every corner
Holy fucking why

In PvE, did you miss that part?

>tfw they're even hiding under the dragon's wings

Don't forget about breaking the dragon eggs!

Err, it was more along the lines of screencaps and posts.
I'll probably do it later in the week since I have stuff to do tonight. Just wanted to post while I was thinking about it and get a feel.

No, fire kills most bosses, enemies as well.
>but muh lost izalith
Shits so fast it won't matter for damage.

Who deal zero damage. Just take off your armor/rings, equip a junk weapon and murder them effortlessly.

id post a webm too, but apparently the new radeon driver update makes relive go from ok to utter irredeemable dogshit. either that or my SSD is beyond fucked.

Wish there was a more fitting helm but my Berserker armor cosplay is looking decent.

>is looking decent.
ha ha

Try killing Gaping, Quelaag, or Iron Golem with just Pyromancy

i don't know it looks kinda funny

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Much prefer the other one.

Wow 3 whole bosses....

Alright, how is this for the Onyx build? I wanna stick to 90 for some good ol' invasions

Drop Strength to 14 since that's all you need to hold Onyx 1H. Your Vigor is also really low for SL 90, take some points out of Vit or lower your INT/FAI to get around 30 at least and maybe some extra endurance. I'd also switch Black Fire Orb to Black Flame.

>Try silencing Jester Thomas
>He pulls out a sword

>Iron Golem
Uh are you joking?

In a trade, are poise values round at all, or does every decimal matter?

>running from ghostly Sanctum Knights with no health to speak of
>right outside Lair of the Imperfect
>"Dark Spirit Jester Thomas has invaded!"
>mfw

Decimals matter

How about this? I'd like to have enough vit to keep my fashion

no one is defending fume

they're talking about how shit you are

I lost my shit the first time, especially since I missed the switch to access the bonfire right before and had to fight my way through the temple all over again.

That looks acceptable the Vigor is a little low for me still but your Onyx and pyros will do great damage at least.

Are Soul Vessels a thing in DaS3?

>they're for discussing the slasher RPG games made by From in general.

BULLSHIT.

Point me to one place in the last 5 treads where any of you guys talked about
>Otogi
>Ninja Blade
>Kuon
>Evergrace/Forever Kingdom
>Eternal Ring
>King's Field

This is dark souls /demon souls general for a 1 year old franchise. Don't pretend like anyone discuses any other from soft games here except in the context of "XXX did it first"

No, you need to offer Pale Tongues for Rosaria to respec. You don't need to be part of the Covenant or rank up in it, fortunately, I believe you just need the Covenant item itself. You can get it without pissing off Sirris.

>he doesn't use AA override

god that looks so shitty

Lore.

Aldia was petrifying dragons, did you not get that part?

King's Field was the prototype for the prototype of Dark Souls though, it is definitely relevant. It doesn't see much discussion because nobody has played the fucking thing. Doesn't make it less relevant, and the information is there in case somebody wants to take a look at how Dark Souls came into being.

Thanks.

King's Field is relevant but no one discusses it.

King's Field has little/no influence on souls though, except for maybe some of the atmosphere and enemies they copied. Souls combat and level design is all Evergrace/Otogi, with everything else (stats, mechanics, pvp and lore) being just a fantasy version of Armored Core

I never ran a build that used the Lucerne, or used it at all in DaS1. What made it so formidable?

>Reallocating attributes or changing appearance is limited to five times per playthrough.
Why

So that you feel invested, and your actions have consequences.

It's somewhat silly, but there it is.

It dealt thrust damage, so it got counter damage bonuses. However the attacks were really wide-swinging and had long hitboxes, so you were more likely to land those counters than with a spear. Plus it would hit multiple times on some of the swings.

Because From is retarded
You can Alt+F4 right before leaving the covenant window after doing a change and it won't count
But the character I did that with isn't able to summon others players anymore, no idea if it's related to it but I guess it's worth mentioning

>I have never used the respec function

It seems like a last minute add on that someone begged Miyazaki to approve because they didn't want release a game without respecs or deleveling at all, so they just haphazardly slapped it on Rosaria with a 5 use limit.

DS2 did it right by making you feel like you actions had consequence by making you -discover- and -learn how to use- the item that lets you respec, instead of just giving it to you for free but punishing you for using it too many times.

This is how I would have done it:

>Bonfire ascetics, but they cost 5 levels to use. Bosses are respawned at NG+ difficulty/souls and multiplayer is reactivated for that area.
>"respec" by using ascetics to de-level yourself, beat the boss, then level back up.

It just seems weird they would lock it off at five. It's like letting someone go 75% around a ferris wheel before telling them to get off.

Is it like that? It's a little bit like that.

>25 Vigor at SL90
You can stand to drop down to 30/30 since that's supposedly at or near the cap at which Dark and Fire damage scales. Put those points into Vigor and maybe some more Attunement since you won't have enough FP to support casting and doing Onyx's WA.

They wanted to force players into NG+ to get more respecs.

The idea is to prevent people from making "dedicated pvp" characters and forcing you to replay through the main game over again to improve covenant activity, because covenant item-seeking is the only pvp that From wants to reward.