What are your thoughts on Doug's thoughts on the Nissan BNR34 Skyline GT-R?

What are your thoughts on Doug's thoughts on the Nissan BNR34 Skyline GT-R?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_or_Display
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't feel like watching the video... How did he get that in "legally?

probabaly motorex

This company back in the day convinced the US Government that they can make the R33 GT-R comply with US laws, and the government decided to let them import R33 GT-Rs. The company then wanted to import R32s and R34s but didn't want to go through the hassle and costs of doing what they did with to make the R33 legal, so they just said that the R32s and R34s that they imported were R33s. Customers who imported their R34s from the company were under the assumption that it was all done legally. Soon, the government found out what was happening and raided the place, and shut down the company. The government decided that they'd let the customers keep their R34s and that they'd still be legal in the US.

Doug has one of the few 100% legal R34 Skylines in the US.

*Has as in drove in that video. He doesn't own one yet.

>Company went the extra mile and jumped through the hoops to import them
>Company got sleazy and stopped jumping through some of the hoops
> government shoves the book up the company's ass
>Now all the cars they had were sent to the crusher
>But the cars that made it to the customers are okay.
Informative, but still shows how unskilled he is at making his format charismatic. The shit is there but not stacked in the best way.

The older I get, the more awkward and autstic the R34 looks.

Who is this guy, his videos keep popping up in my recommended, but he looks like the physical manifestation of Jalopnik to me.

I 100% feel this.
I wish there was an R32 with better interior, I'm planning on buying a GTS-t sometime next year but man, that cheapo interior.

The R32 and the R33 are the only ones that don't look like factory rice.

You could always go for the R34 GT-T if you want something more... subtle.

Eh, 4 doors, the obnoxious looking wing, the big aggressive front.
It doesn't appeal to me, I drove a base model Skyline for a bit and it's just not my thing.

Eh I want 4 doors*
Base model 2.0 R34*

He is the physical manifestation of Jalopnik.

There's also 2 variants covered under the show and display law.
>R34 Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nür
>Skyline GTR R34 V-SPEC Early Model Limited Edition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_or_Display

Well, you can get the 4-door R34 GT-T and then get a GT-R body kit for it.

Everything about it ends up making it look like a poorly executed E36M

>they can't decide on blister fenders or flares so they do both
>a lack of body line flowing down the car
>swoopy, tightly defined features like the C-pillars or side skirts then wide open expanses of undefined metal like the front fenders

From a design standpoint the car is a total mess with features seemly shotguned all over it but nothing cohesive tying it all together. The R32 and R33 look dated but at least they look like somebody actually tried.

why would anyone want a 4-door skyline?

Because he just said that he wants 4 doors?

I too love making a sports car fat and shitty by adding in 2 unusable seats and a bigger hole in the side of the body to make everything less rigid, almost as much as i love pissing off two people by cramping them into economy car seats that are about as comfortable as cardboard on concrete.

>coupes are more rigid than sedans

spoken like a true brainlet cuck

"2fast2furious came out when I was 15"

What? Is Doug really only ~29? I always assumed he was in his late 30's.

I didn't like the part where he mentions that the electronic oil pressure meter and the digital one show different readings. It's true, but the reason is because the electronic one is using kPa and the analog uses KgCM^3

>Americans know this yet only import every trim level but these and get them crushed anyway

The R33 looks dated? I guess it looks soft compared to the super angular cars these days. I felt like it's a solid mix of angular and soft lines.

same guy?

While I doubt people know this, it's not really relevant. Those are extremely limited edition, to the tune of 36 race-spec cars and 1003 special edition cars. The people who want an R34 now who don't have one already can NOT afford either of those.

>The R33 looks dated?
because modern cars still look like this