Why do publications praise this angry jelly bean as the second coming of christ?

Why do publications praise this angry jelly bean as the second coming of christ?

go to an autocross track sometime and watch them rape everything

Because it's a genuinely fun car to drive

>Most Numales are english majors, therefore they either do nothing or get journalist jobs
>The Fiesta ST is a numale car

/thread

that car just screams:
MOM WOULDNT LET ME BUY ANYTHING USED OR RWD SO I GOT THIS

>Not getting a Subaru and converting it to RWD

>funnest american car didn't even make it to a second generation in its own domestic market
When will these companies learn that american youths are NEETS with more meme power than buying power?

That's not a jelly bean, that's a baby cat fish.

>numales like fun cars

wtf im a numale now

at least half the people i see who bought ford STs are middle aged normies

I got the sedan. 1 liter ecoboost and I'm getting 36 mpg

I owned and daily'ed one for two years.

Extremely nimble, practical and agile. It wasn't fast or even particularly quick, but it was a momentum car that was satisfying to drive in the canyons and row gears on. The Recaros are an absolute must IMO--a friend has one without them and it makes it feel like an econocar instead of a mini rally car.

Miss it a lot, but remember it's a $25k car. It's going to be good, but not OMG MIND BLOWING good.

>publications

>small and light by today's standards
>lots of power

gee I wonder.

Maybe because they are actually fun?

Wish I could find the picture of me three-wheeling one on Ford's track.

also easy to get a ton of extra power out of

And cheap

Combined, highway or city?

>Went to the gym today
>Back of the car rotated at the roundabout
>Left gym
>Back of car rotated again at the same roundabout.

It's a very fun car and will go side ways if you want it to. Especially when wet or icy.

I bought one because I needed something that was good for petrol, fun to drive, could carry a decent amount of stuff and people. Hot hatches are all things to all men. Faggot.

I love mine desu, but I don't need the practicality it offers so I'm trying to sell it...

Where and how much?

not that person but im selling mine in Northwest Florida for 14,500 only 50k miles

>no practicality
Its a four door hatchback, whats wrong with it?
I have a baby and later down the road will still be able to fit a few kids in the back easy.

>doesn't know how to read
he said he doesnt need the practicality retard

Try again

Just city.
I'm a delivery driver for a local business.

delivery driving rapes fuel economy though. Source: I deliver in a prius and get 38mpg

Why would anyone buy a Fiesta when it's practically the same price as the Focus?

...actually the delta is a lot bigger in the US (the first pic is Canada).

Also HOLY FUCK are cars way cheaper in Canada now (given the exchange rate). Any reason Americans aren't buying all their cars in Canada?

you have to pay taxes to bring it over.

Wouldn't it be covered by NAFTA? I'm gonna look into this...

...seems if you buy in Canada, for import to the US, you'll need to pay 5% GST in Canada, but you can get a refund on any sales tax. Also you'll need to pay the normal tax in the state you're ultimately registering it in, but you can probably apply that 5% GST you paid against it (so if your state vehicle tax is 10%, you'll only need to pay 5%, and that's on the much lower Canadian price). If the vehicle was made in the US-Canada-Mexico you don't owe any duty, if outside the duty is 2.5%.

A bit of run-around, but to save many thousands may be worth it. The big question would be warrenty coverage.

*but you can get a refund on any PROVINCIAL sales tax

I don't know man, six speed and no slowing down if I can help it.

Some proof. Also check out that instant economy.

lol their is this faggot who drives one on the local mountains and he always is talking shit to everyone about everything when he is so slow he shouldn't be saying anything.
insists hondas cant befast yet he still drives an ff...
friend of mine in an ep3 si and him have a race last saturday night. they did one lap back and forth without a clear winner but instead of going for lap 2 the pussy fiesta driver just goes home. the fiesta st really is the car for reddit, ill take a honda fit over it myself...

>2700 lbs
>98" wheelbase
>light and small

That's a Focus

The Fiesta ST is substantially cheaper than the Focus ST

close enough

no.

>by today's standards

I just wish they'd released the ST before the facelift. The early Mk7 grille is much better than the ME ANGERY 7.5 grille.
Still not a bad looking car, but from the front sides it does look too tall. The proportions look a lot better exactly from the sides or to the rear.

Stop

They're different cars...

It's also roughly 500lbs lighter which is a big difference.

TN, 18k w/ 14k miles.

Dont forget just a better car overall.
Focus is just a Fiesta for obese people that cant fit in the nimbler fiesta.

because the torque vectoring (which cant be turned off) makes the numale think he's a good driver

You're literally the only faggot in the entire world who cares about this

The Fiesta has a (linked) torsion bar rear suspension, the Focus has an independent rear suspension.

Extremely fun car to rag about

>140mph in a Fiesta
Sheeeit, how stable is it at those speeds?
>11.2MPG
I hope that's your current and not average

and yet the fiesta is more nimble

torsion beam rear suspension in fwd cars helps induce oversteer

it's not the 60s anymore grandpa.

>tfw you live in a country were if you got caught they'd put you in prison.

Feels bad man

>angry jelly bean

Heh, that's a good one.

You can't /thread your own pathetic shit post. That's not how it works.

Car "enthusiasts" after gamers, are the whineist beggers who cant be choosers out there

It's actually surprisingly stable, ended up at 146 before it maxed out. Yeah that is the current mpg. I averaged 34mpg which is decent seen as I usually rag it about everywhere.

I'll never get caught :ยง

This is the worst car I've drive in the last three years. It sounds like an aluminum can with metal inside being shaken upon acceleration. No power, interior is cheap and rattles. Friends of a fried who is a ford tech says this has tons of probs, and the Irish shop is full of them.

It's cheap, easy to make quicker and more fun than your average hatchback.

>enjoys making shit up
although I will agree the interior is complete trash

>small
>fun
>silly
>won't impress anyone
Is the Fiesta ST the Honda Grom of cars?

makes a big difference. I get 36 highway in my ST..

'ecoboost' i think does trick nu-males into thinking its 'helping the environment'.

But I dont get it either.
FWD
180 hp
rattles like its 20 years old
stupid aesthetic
slower than a miata

Rented one with

>journalists whose job it is to test drive cars of all shape, sizes, and performance levels
>have no comparison
please stop, also
>rented one
you must be in europe

>tfw 21ish mpg

i drive like a dick tho : ^)

>Ecoboost
>Eco

The power of marketing.

and yet the other user gets 36. it's a relatively efficient engine when cruising. "all eco or all boost"

I've averaged 39mpg. I do about 60% hoon and 40% commute.

i find this hard to believe

you must live somewhere with lots of long freeways

i get maybe 30 mpg if im not hooning in vegas

"slower than a miata"

Is u dizzy blud

They don't have to live with it every day they just drive it full out for 20 minutes then write a review about how great it is. Also, most journalists are sub 6' manlets.

I get 34 combined mostly city in my Mazda 3 hatchback which is way roomier and nicer.

I'm 6'3 and have no trouble in my Fiesta
I can't quite get the seat back far enough to comfortably heel and toe but I have an older model with chunky leather heated seats so with smaller seats I'd probably be able to.
Aside from the oversized wheels it's a very liveable car as well. Decent boot, roomy enough cabin for a small hatchback and it's just good fun. The gearbox in particular is a gem.
The main problems come with the 17" rims. They make the car tramline quite badly on poor road surfaces and are the main reason the ride is so crashy. If they ran on 16s with 60 section tyres it would be much better.

name a new car of the same price range that's better, I'll wait

The ND 0-60 is under 6 seconds and is undoubtedly better in the corners due to lower curb weight, smaller dimensions, and RWD. I love the FiST, but the Miata is faster, and the "Miata" is slow meme is a bit outdated.

It's not better, in fact in a lot of ways it's worse, but I prefer the Abarth 500 even though I really do like the FiST. I like that's it's a little smaller, lighter, and comes as a 3-door in burger land. Plus it sounds amazing and I personally love how it looks.

The prices aren't even comparable

I agree 100%, but I was only responding about the speed.

Dynos at 185whp and 225wtq, not sure why yours rattles. The other comments are subjective.

>Can't quite get the seat back far enough to comfortably heel and toe

I'm the same height as you but find it perfectly easy to heal and toe. Do you have big feet?
If so your technique might be off if you're trying to actually pivot your heel onto the brake pedal. If I try doing that my thighs hit the steering wheel.

I do the covering half the brake and half the throttle approach. I'm a size 13 (UK), so find this works 99% apart from when I fuck up.

You're right, the gearbox is a honey. Almost as good as the EP3 Type R. I would say that the flywheel on the EP3 TR is a lot lighter than on the fiesta st. You really need to give the throttle a good dab to get it into the right rev range. Still a great car but would have bought an EP3 had I found one in good condition.

Fiesta's interiors are so shitty

It's more to do with thigh length, my femurs are very long so I struggle to turn my foot enough. I have more success just planting my foot across both but I struggle to modulate the throttle doing it that way

>fiesta
>carrying decent amount of stuff
How tiny are you people

5'11" elder god of the manlets

I was about to ask you how much fucking cargo space do you seriously need, but it turns out it actually does have kind of shit numbers for a hatch. The Fit has well over twice as much cargo space despite having even smaller exterior measurements.

I'd trade in my car for a Fiesta ST if I didn't need lots of cargo volume.

This is a man who builds up not out
I like you, you think different

lel im sure when you guys get signed toa label you can upgrade

not sure what you're on about
I don't pretend like I'm going to make it big in a band

I just need to frequently transport large keyboards for gigging

>uses 0-60 for any reason
0-60 is how they sell cars to dumb asses.

>2003 Civic SI
>2744lbs
>101.2 Wheelbase
>2.0 L I4
>160 hp / 132 lb-ft

>2003 Focus SVT
>2750lbs
>103 Wheelbase
>2.0 L I4
>170 hp / 145 lb-ft

>2003 Golf GTI
>3000lbs
>98.9 Wheelbase
>2.8 L V6
>200 hp / 195 lb-ft

>2017 Fiesta ST
>2720lbs
>98 Wheelbase
>1.6L T
>197 hp / 202 lb-ft

Not much has changed in 15 years outside of a smaller engine.

The car kiss so loved because it's a very fast slow car. It's very good for the low speeds you'll see every day on the streets.
It's also pretty good at turning because of the decent suspension. But I'd say what makes it feel so good is the torque vectoring, which will brake the inner front wheel when hard turning, which forces more of the torque to the outside wheel which pushes it around the turn. Giving the driver a rewarding feeling but over confidence, because in reality, the car is saving the driver from being a dumbass

Noice m8 is that a B3?