Yearly reminder to all countries and states that matter *(ie: The ones that live in the snow belt) to undercoat your...

Yearly reminder to all countries and states that matter *(ie: The ones that live in the snow belt) to undercoat your shitbox

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs
bssa.org.uk/faq.php?id=9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is undercoating actually worth it?

Is rusting actually worth it?

Absolutely. If you don't do it you'll have rust problems and lose a shitton of resale value down the line. The undercoat itself won't add to the value, but in a few years when all the other cars like yours are rusted to shit and yours is nice and undercoated you can sell it for a lot more.

I do it to all my cars except ones I don't drive in winter like any RWD car.

yes. a cheap air compressor and a spray gun make it a stupid-easy job, too. the worst part of undercoating is getting flaky rust and paint off beforehand.

Undercoating/rustproofing is a complete scam. Do some reasearch on it. Modern cars do not need it anymore. My owners manual says so. When I pointed that out to the salesman he got quite sheepish. They all know it's a scam. Just like 'sealing' the paint on a clear coated car.

IIRC Consumer Reports strongly recommended against it.

this board is filled with fucking morons that get this shit or buy snow tires.

if you buy this shit, you are a real deal busrider and not a real car enthusiaist.

5/10 decent effort, less than average delivery.

feels good living in an area that uses sand instead of salt in the winters.

>states that matter
>snow belt

literally a contradiction

>reddit spacing
check
>zero knowledge about topic
check
>calls out others
check
next time use an anime reaction picture to score 100 on the shitpost scale.
2/10 made me reply

>Consumer Reports strongly recommended against it
They only recommend against paying for the dealership "rustproofing" scam.

The OP said shitboxes not modern cars you fool

Undercoatings are a meme. Have been forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

you having a giggle?

You're right! This movie scene proves that I don't need to rustproof my car's undercarriage and it will magically not rust despite getting hit with all kinds of shit, then sprayed with snow and lastly covered by a thick film of salt!
Awesome lifehack my dude

>despite getting hit with all kinds of shit, then sprayed with snow and lastly covered by a thick film of salt
If you think that TruCoat will protect your car from those conditions, let me tell you about some wonderful swampland I have for sale in Florida.

I have no idea what the fuck TruCoat is, but yes, a good undercoat does help a lot.
Taking care of your vehicle makes the difference that can be seen when comparing a 20 year old Civic with some rust on it, and a 20 year old Civic that someone fell through the ground of while driving

>his car isn't factory undercoated with galvanized panels

It is well worth it, only thing is that the people who apply it always get it on some part of the interior without cleaning it off. Also you will get that gunk all over your hands by simply changing a light bulb.
It can reduce noise inside the car and you will not have to deal with rusted bolts.

galvanization scratches off crazy easily and also needs a topcoat of some sort of rubberized paint.

Is it worth undercoating a car that hasn't been undercoated for the past 10 years? Fairly certain the previous owners never did so there's already a fair amount of rust under the car, not sure how much it would help

Clean it thoroughly and apply. It will slow down the rust.

Don't give shit advice. First he needs to go through the rust with some kind of a rust converter product.

>a rust converter product
Do they make a spray on-off? Lots of nooks and crannies up in there.

Yeah, Dinitrol makes them

>tfw 30 yr old car
>not a single rust hole or trace of corrosion
Thanks, pre-owner. I undercoat it every year in spring, since i never drive it past October until April.

What product?

Is undercoating an already rusty $1200 shitbox (1992 jeep yj) worth it?

it is if you plan on keeping it

pee pee poo poo

Thanks for the advice. Fortunately it's not at the stage where the floors/shock towers are rusting, but a lot of the suspension bolts are seized and exhaust has heavy surface rust

I'll definitely look into it further down the road if I keep the car. Have been toying with selling it for a while

Do you fuck your pregnant wife with a condom?

modern hyundais and fords tend to not have rust issues. my old 07 sonata lived its whole life in the rust belt being daily driven with close to 200k miles on it and not a spec of rust underneath.

jap cars on the other hand...

just use flex seal spray to protect the bottom side of your car

His car isn't stainless steel
sure sucks to be you

spraying gravel guard in rockers
Y/N?

What's the best product?

I always had a question about this, would washing the car once a week cause the undercoat protection to go away?

I have a 2011 Camaro and live in the rust belt, been daily since late 2010 when I bought it new. Had it up on the lift yesterday for funzies, not a spot of rust. Never used undercoat or anything. Meanwhile libs in (((reliable))) Camrys and Accords have same year cars that look like ww2 underneath

what if you already have tons of rust

t dixie land

>salt rusts your under body, so you better get it undercoated before the winter
>summer temperatures and humidity rust your car more than the winter effects so you better undercoat in the spring
which is truer, Veeky Forums?

>Have 1990 Volvo 240
>Undercoated from factory
>Nearly no rust

ya naw

>living where it snows and they cover the roads in salt that sandblasts your shit off and makes giant ass potholes everywhere

It was 78f today here
Aint even mad

I still wish my parents didn't move to a snowy region.

>tfw that picture was taken less than 10 minutes from my house
Never having to worry about rust is the shit. Who else /phoenix/?

>Never having to worry about rust is the shit
if only you didnt have to worry about Arizona

Under my car is pretty much all covered in plastic guards
Should i coat the suspension and wheel wells?

weak

It will make the car a bit heavy.

>His car isn't stainless steel
Prolonged salt exposure can pitting or galvanic corrosion.

bssa.org.uk/faq.php?id=9

>1982 car
>chassis never painted
>no rust
Lmaoing @ you cucks

Yes.
Do you want rust on them?

Yo!
I fucking love buying cars with rotted everything but no rust.
It makes my roadkill habits comfy

Remove plastic guards and spray.
You want to get that shit in the places where you can't clean.