The 5 Best cars available NEW at a dealership today

The 5 Best cars available NEW at a dealership today.

F-Type V6
>$76,000
Fiat 124 Abarth
>$27,000
Porsche Cayman Base or S
>$53,000-65,000
Ford Mustang GT or GT350
>$33,000-56,000
Toyota GT86
>$26,000

Right?

Nah.

>No Hyundai Ioniq
>No Prius Prime
>No Chevy Bolt
>No Chevy Volt
>No F-250 King Ranch
wtf is this list?

124 stock tune is laughably bad but it has staggering tune potential. that engine can do 250whp with tube swap, exhaust intake and a better tune and the transmission can handle it. its the turbo miata we always wanted but never got aside from the mazdaspeed which has somewhat limited upgrade potential on its turbo setup

>No KIA STINGER

You mean the miata chassis with a turbo is the turbo miata we always wanted? Weird.

consdiering it's been decades of "mazda just turbo the fucking miata already jesus" and they did for a few years and it was underwhelming, yes the 124 is the turbo miata with always wanted

One of the other new muscles might have the mustang beat. I'm not a muscle car guy so I dunno, but I'd definitely expect an argument from one about it.

Yeah, I got it. I was just kinda poking fun at how not surprising that is. It is a miata with a turbo, therefor it is a miata with a turbo.

People generally can walk out of a dodge dealership with a Challenger RT for less than 28 grand. Hard to pass up man.

>no camaro ss, the best performance per dollar sports car

>cant find a 124 abarth in the US with a black hood.
>still no 124 coupe

>No KIA
Fuk the dog eaters.

10/10

>includes the FCA 'muh turbo' and not its superior overall sister car, MX5

such basic bitch benchracer tastes

>He posted the cayman

I thought I was the cayman's only shill

The Cayman is objectively the perfect small sports car, it doesn't need anyone to shill it

>gayman fans

One of these is not like the other.

The Cayman is gorgeous, and can go toe to toe with some more powerful V8 sports cars.

The Volt is still too expensive new, but it's a great value used.

Who in their right mind would buy a shitty V6 jaguar instead of a cayman for 11k less?

I don't get it.

by the time they release the 124 coupe i hope they shove the 1.7L turbo in it

i'd pay like $45k for one

Because chances are you're going to get a lot of options for your cayman and it's going to end up costing >$85k

although you'd probably do the same for the jaguar

I thought the S had more options included, or maybe I’m being way too optimistic about porsche’s optioning scheme.

The S has a few different features, but its mostly the higher engine output that separates it from the base model.

>wants a GT car
>buys a mid-engine sportscar because it is better at being a sportscar than the GT
>

The Cayman could only be better if it weighed less.

Because of how heavy the Cayman is, to me, the Lotus Elise/Exige S2 is the perfect sports car.

Won't get much argument from me

there was rumors that the 124 abarth might have a more powerful engine at a later date. we shall see. save your shekels.

>2018 cayman
>2900 lbs
>too heavy

God you people are autistic

MX-5 is better and more masculine.

Are you a fucking secretary? Lay off the box wine linda.

They compare every car to a miata while forgetting that the miata has a fucking lawnmower engine

>FCA

I'll pray for you tonight.

Pray for the ND owners. To date, they have hard far far more issues

i saw a base 124 Spider on a dealer's website with a black hood, must have been a dealer add-on since the black paint is only done at Abarth"s facility in Italy and the base models go straight from the Hiroshima factory to the distributors.

also the black hood is a $2000(!) option that few people will want, you are better off buying one and having some stancefags at a paint shop throw on a matte black wrap for 1/3 the price.

>can't buy a new car with the options I want
can't you just configure it online and then order it exactly that way?
car buying in the us sometimes appears so weirdly complicated to an outsider

Why not S2000?

Wrong. Where's the one I can put a bicycle in the back of? Or my lawn cuttings? Or a side table?

you can flip the seats down in the Mustang and take the front wheel off of your bike and it will fit. cant say the same about the 124, Jag or Cayman, not sure about the GT86 but doubt it, those things are tiny.

Get a roof rack, and a trailer hitch cargo rack.
Problem solved.

People unironically think that looks good. Amazing.

>unironically shitting on the car that set the reborn of Alfa Romeo
>unironically shitting on a car with an excellent mechanic and driveability
>being this much of a blind fangirl over opponents

Friendly reminder that thanks to Alfa Romeo and the Giulia you'll see a better 3 Series in the future, maybe one with a decent steering.

Never said anything about driveability, because I haven't driven one friend. Nor do I hate the brand (Not sure who you think I'm a fanboy of), but that car is ugly as fuck which is all I said.

I'm comparing it to a fucking Elise or Exige my guy, they weigh 2000 lbs. You can have much more fun in a lighter car.

didn't want an S2000

And, for a limited time only:

VF series 2 SSV Redline
>$66,000 AUD

My fault, I misread your post

>think that this is good

instead of looks good.

Mustang and 86 are both massive dog shit
Rest of list is good

Why would you spend $26,000 on a rwd Civic coupe when you can get a Civic new for like $15k or the used 3k Civic

People unironically think the Cell saga is the best too.

Everyone knows freeza saga was the peak of that show.

That's why they brought freeza back like 5 times.

>2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (redesign)
>Ford F-250
>Tesla Model S
>Range Rover Velar
>Mercedes AMG GT

wow op

>Nobody has mentioned BMW M2 yet
Disappointed

Wtf makes you say that? The current 1.5 TSI from Volkswagen makes 110kw at best, the 1.6 Cooper S makes 129kw, the Ford 1.6l makes 134kw.
These are simply the days of low octane, emissions friendly engines. Compare the outputs of regular 2l NA engines in the last 10 or so years, they've dropped markedly but are 30-40% better on fuel and keep the tree huggers from committing suicide.

Just paint it yourself. Can't imagine just doing the hood would be really expensive in the first place when you're buying a brand new car anyway.

True, same goes for the Nissan leaf if you want full electric

B38 1.5l 3 cyl found in minis and bmws is good for ~250hp

And what does it make stock? Seeing as the comment was stock tune is rubbish.

230hp stock in the old i8, approx 250hp in the new i8
Stage 1 tune gets 280-300hp

And in the Mini?, you know the car I stated, given that it's not fuck expensive like the I8.

The Exige is markedly lighter

A 240i is unironically better

M240i xDrive is just as fast on a straight line
doesn't make it better than the m2 though

>implications
They got rid of best parts (the 4.2 V8's noise and the styling) of the last gen and its competitors (M3/M4/C63) have always been and are still the better cars overall.

>Praying for Mazda owners

Nope they deserve to rot in hell.

This.
But nobody here can afford it, so let's just ignore it.