My buddy's granddad just died, and two days later he asked me to go in with him on an MR2

My buddy's granddad just died, and two days later he asked me to go in with him on an MR2.
I couldn't exactly say no, even though the most I've ever done on a car is change the oil.
It's also maunal, and as a burger I selected the option at birth to remove all competence with a stick shift in order to be an additional 2% white.
How fucked am I? The bumper is held on by zip ties but that seems to be all that's wrong with it.

I'd fuck a black dude if I it meant that I could find an aw11 that clean in my state

I will be next in line if all that was wrong was ziptie bumpers

Can your buddy drive stick competently? If so, ask him to teach you. That AW11 looks sweet, but you should definitely take it to the best mechanic in your area to have it checked out if you haven't done so already.

Fuck I forgot to mention he's basically God with automobiles. He currently drives an aurotragic jag xjs v12 but probably. Also his dad lives in town and definitely can, plus they have a massive garrage.

Is that rust under the driver's door?

Nah man, I know what I got CLEAN CAR

Asking 4000 obo NO LOWBALLERS serious inquiries only

>Runs great, been in fender bender slight dent and some blemishes here and there. $5,000 obo or trade Veyron

>go in with him
Friendship over.

just be real with him and explain your knowledge of cars and ask if he can slowly teach you about anything, like changing oil. but are you even interested?

After crashing my SN95, I was looking at this car but bought a GS300 instead because i needed a reliable daily. The nigger instantly lowered it to 1500. Glad someone on Veeky Forums bought it, hows the rust on it?

I'm interested but just a little scared

>I couldn't exactly say no
u wat

Should I pay him asking price or lowball him?
I have some semetic ancestry, so I might say something like this: my (((bank))) won't allow me to withdraw more than 1k, but I can pay in cash by the end of the week.

Worth noting that I'm a broke student with 2k cash on hand, however my living expenses are basically paid and I am starting work soon.

I'm really non-confrontational and also I know that if I did he would be crushed.

MINT CONDITION window switches and not a spec of dust on the drivers floor mats. Tire kickers will be shot on sight.

How beta can one man get? Let me guess, it will be in his name and kept at his house too. Basically you are buying him a car because you're afraid to hurt his feelings.

No, it will be in my name as the owner. We may pull some insurance shenanigans.

Your right, it won't fit in my garage or driveway with three other cars.

It's not like I didn't want something cool anyway. I was planning on buying a shitstang v6 and working on it with my cousin but then this came along.

I bet your the type of person who gets off by telling kids santa isn't real.

Have fun, I guess.

Insurance frauding that clean aw11 would be a crime against humanity.

Hey OP. Im the owner of that car (not joking). Someone just sent me this thread like "isnt that your car" whats up man haha

owner here again, AMA haha

negro

nice trips tho

heres another pic for yalls i guess

Take good care of it pls

>2 months down the road
>Friendship deteriorates substantially
> "Hey OP I'm just gonna go ahead and take the car, it's not like I haven't fixed everything anyway. Besides, it'll be happier living in my garage all the time and you don't even know how to drive the thing!"
>OP: "H-hah I guess you're right...... T-t-that's f-fair."
>"Thanks OP I knew you'd understand."

Going 'halfsies' in with someone is a bad idea. Same type of principal as going 'halfsies' on a car with your to-be girlfriend and getting upset when she bangs chad and gets with him instead of you and keeps the car cuz she 'drives it all the time anyway'. People are selfish and they WILL fuck you over if it means benefiting themselves. Always remember that.

>OP is actually gay and using this as a way to bond so he can get some of that juicy mechanic cock.

Damn op

>this

The only fucking time you should ever have two people on a car title is if you are fucking married. And even then that's risky.