I have a fetish for grand tourers. What're the best grand touring options in the US with a budget of $5-6k?

I have a fetish for grand tourers. What're the best grand touring options in the US with a budget of $5-6k?

SC or Z32.

An Lexus LC roughly 20 years from now.

I'll be dead by then.

bepis

lexus
mk3 supra

SVX

GS300 AKA THE HIGH PERFORMANCE SEDAN

BUY NOW AND HAVE YOUR LOWER BALLJOINTS FLY OUT

Thoughts on the is250 ?

Most of them (2005-2008) models have fallen in the 5-7k euros price range.

you can probs get a soarer in mediocre condition for 5-6k, but it'll be an auto

You can still find 1-2 owner SC’s with low to reasonable mileage on them with regular dealer service records, of you are patient. Especially if you live in an area with a lot of snowbirds...

Not a two door, but they handle better than most GT’s.....the X300 and X308 jaguars are much more reliable than given credit for. If the timing chain tensioner are done, the V8 in these are rock solid.

I’m debating between a 97-01 ish SC400 or Jag XJR myself. I already own two lexuses so I don’t mind the lower reliability of the Jag. But the Lexus SC400 is so overbuilt, that passing up a good example would be automotive malpractice at this point.

I'm in love with my SC400. Long drives are fucking smooth as hell.

corolla

bepis

Mark VIII

It'll be at the junkyard in 5.

NA Zed32 won't give you many problems at that price.

E24
R107 SL

Leave the 3kgts for me please

Z32 all the way. 2+2 is great for road trips. Just make sure to get the updated injectors.

Do you know what all the revisions were from '92? I know 1990 and 1991 are the worst years.

Dude, no one wants them at that price. Maybe a VR4 for $10k, but nah.

>cheap 3000GT
>not a lawn ornament

What about in Australia with a 30k budget? R33 gtr?

Buy a MK3 Supra for 3k and spend the rest of your budget in fixing it.

2000-2006 Tahoe or yukon. You can take a grand tour of the whole county in reliable comfort and style.

>Anything other than an 8 Series

Monaro

I'd rather not.

These are so rare I don't even know what their prices are.

They have carbon build up issues. There was a recall but whatever the fix was didn't really work. I'm sure you'll find a lot about it on clublexus

Wow I see that Lexus 2 door coupe and wonder "how did Toyota make the Subaru brz platform look this good".
Pleasantly surprised to find out Toyota actually made their own coupe.

Here in Australia anywhere between 15k-60k.
Both V12s and V8s fall anywhere and everywhere in there, V12s given reliability issues are either dirt cheap or top dollar.

Lincoln mk viii

289hp 4.6 DOHC (same engine in the
Mustang Cobra ) with an air suspension. Set a land speed record in the 90's

Interior looks really unique as well

From Wiki:

Driver's airbag made standard
Dashboard and door complementary material changed from fabric to suede
Separate mirror heater switch eliminated (combined with rear defroster switch)
Power adjustable driver's seat standard on t-top models
Mirror heaters made standard
Sales: 6,708 units[18]

Forgot to add new injectors weren't standard on the NA until 93. Make sure to get a 93+ if you're going NA. The TT didn't get new style injectors until 95, so 95+ for TT.

shid

i thought i was safe with 92s

That looks comfy as fuck.

Nope. Good thing is new style injector install isn't too bad, just gotta be good with soldering and you'll be fine. When I do my TT swap I plan to do just that.

god i hope so

there is a house down the street with 4-5 cars in the lawn. one of them is a base dodge stealth

tfw no immaculate bmw gt coupe

bepis

Sc for sure, im the 3rd owner and it hasnt given me any trouble for an entire year, everythings in tip top shape

Jesus are you both poor and old? How's your shit life been?

Perhaps suicide?

Grand Prix

>I have a fetish
aren't you a fucking quirkster

OP is a fag

Get an is300 instead

Killing myself before life does.

is the grand prix really a GT? i always saw it as just an ordinary coupe, but the one time i sat inside it was comfy

>i'm salty about something
aren't you a fucking quirkster

user is a fag