Aussie first car

I get my Red P's in a few weeks and I'm currently looking for my first car. Of course I'm stuck with the shitty power limit but apart from that I've got a few ideas under my belt. Budget is say... $30k AUD and

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/QJcG3XB
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i think you can get an exemption for a gc8 rexy. where abouts are you in aus?

NSW

Fucks sake 30k budget?
I had a 3k budget.....
By the way this might help.

You beauty, I had no idea Veeky Forums had an Aussie one

I'm just glad I saved it when I did, I haven't seen it in ages.

IT FINALLY BECOMES USEFUL!

I'll add it to my collection to educate future Australians I encounter, cheers

How do you mean an exemption? As in immune from the P plate power limit somehow?

you need an exemption for a gc8 wrx?
woops ive been driving one all my p's no issues with p plates on too.
even got pulled over and breath tested, granted the cop didnt even ask for my ID.

get an AU you shitcunt

dont spend 30K on your first car, get a shitbox for the first 6-12 months so you appreciate what you have when you upgrade,
also
>red p plater getting reasonable comp insurance on a car valued at $30000

This, buy something for like 5 grand
Chances are youre going to damage it too

>Got my red p's 2 weeks ago
>Still driving my mum's car while I fix up an old beater I brought
>Life is good, but not having a huge amount of money to throw around can be frustrating
>RWC and Rego are gonna fuck me hard
>I have to think and budget before spending $200 on something for my car

You have a 30K budget dude. You can buy a very nice, solid second hand car for 10, and then sink the other 20 into a project car over time.

Hell, for 30K you could buy something new.

Genuine lol at Tesla vs Falcon comparo

>no holden barina/swift

the patricians choice

yea cause gc8 wrxs are under the p/w ratio, its 130kw/t and the wrx is 126kw/t from memory
are u in nsw? they are police magnets here.
your probably from vic, there exempted in vic iirc

>$30k budget for a first car
Don't do that, you'll bin the car guaranteed.

Definitely don’t spend the entire $30k on a car while on your Ps, because you won’t get anything good for your money. I’d say spend like $10k at most.

barinas are faggot cars for faggot drivers

Mate, look around on gumtree and carsales and have a browse through some MX-5s. You can get pretty decent NB for like 6k and getting an NB8B model will have VVTI, as well as aircon as standard and stuff. Getting a decent hardtop as well will set you back maybe $1200 and you'll be set. It's an amazing car to drive, and it doesn't have enough power to get you into trouble. You'll have all of your fun getting to 60ks coming out of school zones and the aftermarket is shit hot.

Alternatively, you could get something larger like a BMW or something. You could get an alright 318i for fairly cheap. Thing is I'd recommend this because again, not enough power that you'll wrap yourself around a telephone pole, but enough to have some fun. Also because it's a bit heavier you'll start out cautious going into corners until you get the feel of the car.

Seriously though, don't spend 30k on your first fuckin' car. I'm not saying you'll write it off, hell I've never crashed a car in the entire time I've been driving, which is upwards of 15 years now, but you'll probably misjudge a few distances reversing, or scrape the wheels or whatever, and you really don't want to do that to a really nice car you like a lot. You want a fun runabout car to enjoy while you're still young and single.

It's pretty outdated and has a bit of missing and kinda misleading info.

gc8's are pre 2010 arent they? i though it was only allowed to be 130kw/t if its post 2010 otherwise its banned if its turbocharged or a v8

Friendly fag dropping in to say join my discord ausfags and stray seppos

discord.gg/QJcG3XB

The buyers guide is pretty old but i'd recommend going through carsales and gumtree.

Go get a FGX XR6 or VF SV6 if you want good $$$ and spend the rest on sikkk mods

If it HAS to be what the young vapefag jdm fags are after go get a mint GTST and rip the turbo off or try and get a GTR and make it stealth

>s13
>under 8k
fucking good luck

30k was probably a bit excessive. Not to sound like a dick but my 3 bitcoins from 2014 payed off well. I might keep 2BTC and make the budget $15k for now. Its still pretty high but I want something that will last a few years

Never said it was an updated versions, it's just a rough idea, if you go in gumtree or carsales you will get a better idea on the price.

30k budget for your first car? Spoilt rich kid or tradie?

Either way XR6 Falcon is the way to go

Non rich dude looking for first shitbox for family member.
Currently looking at
>2005 xr6 non turbo
>2006 ve sv6
>vs station wagon
The only one I'm actually aware on is the vs. I've heard that the 3.6 Holdens are shitboxes anything I should know about the Ford, from non brand tribalists preferably.
Anything else I should be looking at? She was originally going to buy an 05 Hyundai getz but I thought it looked like a death trap. Preferably something with a bit of power for highway driving.

Do what every other P plater does and get a dark blue vz sv6 commodore with the paddle shifters.

yeah nsw

If you're not bothered about fuel economy, Commodore or Falcon is the best way to go. Subarus are good but their parts cost more than Australian cars and they're not as good for hooning.
You could get a fairly recent (last 4 years) Falcon on LPG. That would get you lower running costs.

Barinas are absolute shit
Swifts are actually pretty good, as reliable as a corolla but lighter, better handling, and better on fuel

>30k
a mint LJ torana, you may have to look for a while but they are P plate legal and generally sell for about that much and will only go up in value.

At least not in NSW.
Only cars banned in NSW are either;

Over 130kw/ton
Or considered "performance cars", some WRX's are banned even though under power to weight limit.
Absolute bullshit but Australia is a nanny state.

Later 3.6 Holdens aren't that bad.
XR6 is the best one but probably the worst on fuel. The Barra is an amazing engine

P platers should not be allowed to have performance cars anyway, they do a good enough job being dumb fucking hoons in sub 200kw shit boxes.

t. someone who was written off by a P plater hooning on the wrong side of the road around a blind corner.

The alloytec engine is complete shit, they spit timing chains that cost thousands to replace and the ecotec engine is just shit in general.

>t. former p plater

Exactly, P platers should have to suffer what i had to suffer or worse and what they have to suffer is worse so good.

filthy sub humans.

Most p-platers can't afford a performance car anyway, only ones that can are snooty rich kids, who don't deserve to drive fast cars before the rest of us.

>Ecotec is a shit
They're great for what they do
>cheap
>reliable
>cheap parts
>good torque at low rpm
I'd rather an Ecotec than an alloytec. Who gives a shit about 40kw in a v6 sedan?

Jokes on you, faggot. My p plate car was a ss commodore.

>first car
>$30k
>wants high power

What could possibly go wrong?
(dickheads like you are the reason P-plate laws were brought in in the first place)

Jokes on you faggot my sv6 was faster and handled better than your vs ss

R33gtr

>18-30k

Hahahahahahahaha

Try 35-45 minimum

Anyone know why 2nd hand BMWs are going so cheap on gumtree?

dam. and you drive your gc8 on ps without a problem?
is it in your name bro?

Vy
Cause they can be cunts to maintain and people that just want an A to B shitbox get falcodores

Its an old image, but 33 GTR's regularly sell for sub 25. Carsales is full of dreamers. R32 GTR's still regularly sell for sub 20k. They have gone up in price, but not as much as you would believe given the sale posts on facebook and carsales. I knock 30% off the price of every GTR I see for sale.

just spend up to 1000 bucks on a AU falcon. will be the best up to 1000 bucks you ever spent.

Just get a Commodore or Falcon. Don't fall for the small car meme, you need to learn to park a proper sized car while you're still new at driving.
Don't spend $30k on a P plate car. Spend $5-$10k, drive the shit out of it for 3 years then get a nice car.
If you want to go fast now get a motorbike.

Forgot to mention, invest the left over $20k in BTC. Buy a Lambo when you get off the Ps