What do YOU really think of pic related?

What do YOU really think of pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

electrek.co/2017/12/02/mercedes-dismantled-tesla-model-x-weirdest-way-electric-suv/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches
youtube.com/watch?v=ambXDKFZhN8
twitter.com/EURELECTRIC/status/892694254828630016?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're pretty meh

All hype and not much else

The apple of car producers.

Well except apple actually made one product that was ahead of its time.

Cool cars, but you're a fool if you think you're saving money on the long run.
Maintenance, obsolescence, and battery replacement are concerning.

Delays, promises, delays, promises.
Sums it up.
Besides they are pretty much just a hype machine.

Kinda cool but I see them everywhere now so not as cool as they used to be.

As someone who's actually driven one. They're awesome to drive, comfort is great, traction control on ice superb to any ICE. But that just for driving, the constant need for charging, especially during winter, is something I'd rather go without. Forgetting to charge and having to spend 30m at the supercharger before work really sucks. And no one of the owners I know have even thought of the future service charges.
I'd rather drive a diesel and just mod it to run on kerosene and fryingoil.
t. Norway

>nice emblem
>nice font
>white on black, nice contrast
8/10 nice image

>traction control on ice superb to any ICE

>t. Floridacuck

Overrated by people who give two shits about cars, are cheaply made, and will probably be Enron 2.0

Electric cars are the future whether we like them or not. Tesla even makes their shitbox car decently fast, handle alright, and have a decent interior for shitbox tier. I’m alright with Tesla as a result of that.

>Decent interior

Its an ipad on a dashboard and nothing else.

Their owners are cultists, and the owner of the company think's he's some sort of genius messiah.

this basically.

I liked the original roadster and I like that they dont make 'look at me' crazy designs like the i8.

But they are not sports cars and it really pisses me off when some faggot goes on about how ICE is dead because Teslas are the fastest cars in the world.

>shit box is 35 grand out the door and you won't see it for another 3 years once you've paid for it.

Can't wait to see the electric market implode once electricity shortages start showing up and they have to keep coal fired plants online longer becuase of it.

Hydrogen ICE will be the only thing that saves us.

Hate how Tesla have a cool typeface on their logo but the badges on the back of their cars look are done in some awful generic font, would have to debadge it.

are you actually retarded?

No, but I think you might be

I think it's nice that they created a hype around electric cars, so other companies are now working to make good EV's.
But, like all other EV's, they're stupidly expensive compared to petrol/diesel cars, and the Model S isn't on par with it's rivals even if you'd take away that higher price.

If, for some reason, I'd really want to drive electric, I'd just get a hybrid 5 Series or E Class. Still much, much cheaper than a Model S and much better cars overall, with a good enough electric range for most daily driving. And I could still drive it on weekends and holidays, even if it's on petrol.

>comfort is great
Compared to what? It's bouncy af and you don't want to sit in the rear for more than five minutes.

>decent interior for shitbox tier
When is the last time you've sat in a shitbox? Even recent Peugeot's, Mazda's etc have better built quality and looks.

Apple: Artisan Cars.

Other than the fact that the new resources needed to make the battery and car are creating a giant fucking carbon footprint let alone the damage done by mining for such materials is killing everything. I'm glad they're doing the research because yes. Electric cars will be the future or atleast the next stepping stone.

what are you trying to prove here?

I'll get a Tesla someday, but they're a bit spendy. I financed a house instead.

P O N Z I
S
C
H
E
M
E
Otherwise if they were a more serious company I'd look forward to buy something like the model 3.

>Well except apple actually made one product that was ahead of its time.
Agree with you on all but this comment. Apple has never really made something ahead of it's time, it has claimed to, but never actually done it.

They're making electric cars """viable""" which in turn is helping accelerate the death of the ICE which makes me resent them massively. Cars look absolutely rubbish on the inside, exteriors look pretty nice though.

I honestly think they did succeed in turning all the global autoindustry electric. Unbeknownst to the entirety of Veeky Forums, they had made all their patents public a few years ago specifically, so that the other industry, (like the Germans, who are now reverse engineering their cars [1] ) can make EVs. They could have cornered the EV market entirely and take over the global car industry, but instead they decided to shift the world toward EVs.

It's a bit depressing how much shit they have to take. Especially, the last welding problem (which supposedly, again signals the end of Tesla). The welding problem will be solved within a few weeks and everybody will still believe the next big scare of why Tesla cars will never work.

As far as delays are concerned, I think they're actually pretty good. They're building large factories and basically an entire coorporation from scratch and get delayed by one year on average, but they always deliver. IDK why they get all the hate over that. Most people don't finish their educations within the delays that Tesla has when setting up corporation mechanism along with superfactories of new technologies from scratch.

All-in-all, pretty impressive considering this is made by a computer enthusiast, but they get a lot of hate. This hate from society is because Elon Musk had foregone the Machiavellian principles - he should have gone for cornering the market, and by 2017 all the world would be jumping on the EV train.

[1] electrek.co/2017/12/02/mercedes-dismantled-tesla-model-x-weirdest-way-electric-suv/

I don't.

Feels gud to see an American startup on the edge of automotive innovation

Do you do this for free?
>they had made all their patents public a few years ago specifically, so that the other industry can make EVs
A lot of automotive patents are free to use, especially ones related to safety and improved tech. Mercedes, Volvo, Ford and Toyota have basically given other companies a lot of tech in the past. Tesla is nothing special in this regard, it just follows decades of tradition.

>It's a bit depressing how much shit they have to take.
They don't have to take shit, they look for it. Build quality that makes even Lada cringe is bound to get some hate when it involves such expensive cars.
Even more so with EV's already having to prove themselves, with several downsides that need(ed) to be overcome or compensated for.
Add to that the fact that Tesla doesn't make any profit, and people are right to be concerned. It all rides on Musk's enthusiasm and vision, which thankfully carries a lot of weight, but there's only so much that can happen before that loses it's touch.

>As far as delays are concerned, I think they're actually pretty good.
Musk himself has said several times that the delays are unfortunate and fuck-ups, which he himself hates having to deal with. Shilling is one thing, but shilling beyond what even the CEO is willing to defend is pretty crazy bro.

>This hate from society is because Elon Musk had foregone the Machiavellian principles - he should have gone for cornering the market, and by 2017 all the world would be jumping on the EV train.
The fuck are you on about? Tesla is playing by the industry's rules surprisingly well for a company that is bringing such pressure. They've been working with Daimler much like Renault Nissan does, sharing parts and technology, and nobody hates them for that.
Besides, Musk knows full well that he can't control the EV market with Tesla by being aggressive and secluded. He never will, and he doesn't want that, it's not how he runs any of his businesses.

where you gonna get that hydrogen from, moron?

Da muun ya dingus

Not if we can perfect fusion technology

Will never buy one.

water

promising. though they still have a decade to go before they are producing excellent cars.

>want them to fail because fuck electric cars
>want their aesthetic to succeed, because leafs/notes/bolts/prius etc. are all ugly as fuck
>potential is there, but Musk is trying to make it like Apple, so fuck him in particular
>really want SpaceX to go places, which will be easier if Tesla actually turns a profit

>If you're producing anything of value, you're not doing it right sweetie ;)

Personally I wouldn't because I'm a die hard for the late 80s to early 90s.

>former enthusiast brands like BMW, Mazda, etc. use all their resources to make bland FWD crossovers that all look the same to make as much money as possible
WAHHHH why don't they make good cars?!?!
>company loses money quarter after quarter in a huge bet to bring something different to the market
WAHHHH they suck because they don't make money!

i actually went to a tesla dealership the other day and after talking to a dude who worked in the showroom to talk about the cars and shit he was going on break, and asked us (me and my bud, we were getting something to eat at the mall after hanging out) if we had ever driven or ridden in a tesla before. I hadn't, but my buddy had but not in any exciting fashion.
So, this dude asks us "would you like to?" and we agree. after signing release forms, and expecting to be assassinated by elon musk for talking shit about Tesla on the internet, he takes out behind the the showroom to the parking lot where he has his optioned out 160k (according to him) Model X On our way, he asks us not to take our phones out, and especially not to record anything. we get in, and he turns on Ludicrous mode in the tablet thing on the dash, "you might have seen this in a youtube video" says him. A tacky animation plays, and as we're going down a street he steps on the throttle a bit, and it pushes me and my buddy back into our seats. the instant torque was pretty cool. Eventually he takes us to the highway, and does some pulls, weaving through traffic and shit at like 100 mph. he goes around this series of roundabouts, at i swear to god like 80 mph, all the while telling us about the car, and smashing our heads back into the seats from the torque, around the roundabouts, the car felt remarkably planted for a fucking 6000 pound SUV. there wasn't much body roll, and coming onto the highway from the roundabout the car was still really planted. often, he would cut in traffic literally right next to people at what i assumed was near 80% throttle, and stomp on the breaks, and after a few times doing that he told us about how the car had 4 piston brembo brakes, and telling us safety, crash, and stopping statistics for the car. he was doing a really fucking good job as a salesman, 1/2

And if someone tried to race us at a stop light, i'd assume this was fucking set up for us and was all scripted. Eventually, he pulls up to a light, and turns on his 360 degree camera thing and tells us how convenient it is, and then says casually "yeah now i'll show you launch control" "its super easy. now put your head back in your seat" and he floors it and it was fucking fast. we're making our way back to the show room at this point, and we start getting followed by a cop. We get to the parking lot where we started, and he rolls down the window and asks the guy if he's a salesman. the dude gives him some bullshit answer about not being one and how he's just a coworker of one of the dudes who works there, and the cop goes on some shit about how he knows the car and he'll tell on him next time. we park. we thank the dude for being nice and giving us the ridealong.

The entire demonstration never really changed my point of view regarding Tesla. the car was comfortable. the seats were nice, about as nice as a low trim S class, the tablet screen didn't have any noticeable lag, and the sound system was "nice".

I still don't think the car is worth as much money as it is, the lack of engine noise, personally, bothered me (although the instant torque still never got old), but I can confidently say that at least his Model x, and for sure the sedan whatever is as much fun you can have as a car enthusiast while commuting or general city driving. It's worth nothing that the dude who took us through this was a self professed auto enthusiast, and told us a lot about his '67 Chevelle, and his 2006 forester STI.

So yeah. tl;dr, IMO tesla is the most fun you can have as an auto enthusiast in shitty traffic or while commuting. I forgot to mention the autonomous driving feature the car had, that was really cool.

It gives me existential crises

t. shitbarge and nuclear power enthusiast

I think the tesla.com/used website speaks for itself how theres no used cars for sale.

It says that Tesla still has such huge production issues that the can't develop a surplus for the whopping 2% of the market they lead?

it's amazing how actually being exposed to a product can change your option, rather than being force-fed FUD on an image board...

I swear, half of the Tesla shitposting would go away iif people actually drive them, or at least sit in one.

Probably about as likely to explode as elons rockets, so only a 1 in 4 chance, pretty good odds really.
>44 launches with 11 failures

>t. Bezos

it's 2 in 44 you retard

44 launches with 11 failures is 44 launches with 11 failures user.

>t. bezos
44 launches. 2 failures
retard

It's 11 lol en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches
>musk shills are so far up his arse that they sweep 9/11 failures under the rug
but wait... 9/11 that is like 9/11, elon musk is a jew who works with the illuminati for george w bush confirmed.

are you trying to be dumb? You're including experimental 1st stage landings, and falcon 1.

goodnight, retard. no use in trying to argue with you; you seem to be pretending to be retarded now to cover up your actual retardation anyways

honestly i'm more butthurt he doesn't sell the chassis with batteries and let us/companies build the rest

>2 failures
youtube.com/watch?v=ambXDKFZhN8
I counted more than 2 failures to be honest, and that video doesn't even show all of them.

that's like Apple selling their A series of mobile chips for other companies to use. The batteries and drivetrain is one of Tesla's big chips in the EV game.

never gonna happen

holy shit you ARE retarded aren't you. Those are experimental 1st stage landings, something that had never been done before with orbital-class rockets. Closest thing was the DC-X.

Classifying those as "failures" is grade-A stupid. Learn to read, fuckface

>musk shills only defense is to call people who point out space x failures retarded
good defense.
space x has a 1 in 4 failure rate. that is north korean levels of success.
deal with it.

>retard doesn't do research and actually fucking thinks that SpaceX has a 1/4 failure rate
>then figures out he's wrong
>then attempts to rectify the situation by pretending to be retarded and stand by the 1/4 failure rate
literally (you) right now, actually funny

>space x has recorded a 1 in 4 failure rate just on their falcon 9 and falcon heavy rocket launches
>this is backed up by facts
>the failure rate is even worse when you add in their dozens of other failures on top of those
>musk shills on suicide watch when confronted with the facts

Cunt go look on the wikipedia page, 11 failures in 44 launches.
>inb4 anyone can edit wikipedia
go do it then.

youre looking at first stage landing attempts, m8

something even nasa has never attempted

At least nasa only has a 5.8% failure rate with it's launches.
176 failures in over 3000 launches.
Be over 750 failures if space x was in charge.
but musk is doing good things right?

You really are brain dead aren’t you.

Remember everyone, these people’s votes count just as much as yours. Pretty scary actually

yes now bend over and take that electric dick faggot

Next you will start telling me about how good of an idea the hyperloop is, explosive decompression isn't a thing right?

Cool idea, but a bit pointless really. All this talk of saving the environment because muh fossil fuels, but all it seems to be doing is moving the problem somewhere else. The materials that go into the batteries are a finite resource and mining them is very unenvironmentally friendly. Plus the issue with range and the time it takes to charge means that it will never be a realistic option for a lot of people.

I think they're ok but Elon musk and his fans can fuck off. especially since all he's doing is trying to deflect since his company is about to tank with the roadster 2 and "putting a car on mars"

overall though I think their cars are ok but they aren't for me, I'm just not feeling the econobox design the models 1-3 have and whatever their crossover is called. call me when they have an a sporty coupe thats the price of a nd miata or at least when they can afford to make one.

literally all their doing is making econoboxs and crossovers, they only have one sporty car

i wish they could suck it up and make a "standard" car

no DRM and DLC horsepower
no infotainment
you get what you get. what you bought is yours now, and it's not going to get magically better unless you do your own legwork.
standard AM/FM radio with a two-dial + station buttons interface
knobs for AC intensity, temperature, and flow
hazard light button, window defrost button
one conveniently placed cupholder per occupant
ROUND STEERING WHEEL.

was that so fucking hard?

>b-but how will I larp as someone from the future?
>this aesthetic wasn't in the last blockbuster scifi movie
>bazinga

He isn't.

SpaceX's R&D process sucks. It mirror's musks attitude and the attitude of most "gifted" burnouts who flopped hard in late adolescence/early adulthood and finally got, uh, somewhere (the people who run spaceX, heh)
>fuck planning
>thinking is hard
>learn by trial and error!
>if it sounds cool, do it!

Number of failures doesn't matter. The important thing is whether any of those failures was repeated for the exact same reason?

Because that would mean that they're stuck.

ill care about them when normal people can actually afford one (probably never)

Ugly, fat cars with disgusting interiors, bad quality control, and a marketing department that needs to send Musk to orbit Mars for eternity along with his slow roadster.

t. 16 yo tesla fanboy

tesla is a horrible company

horrible, dogshit lying company that can't deliver on what it promises. they're as bad as hennessey.
I don't have anything against electric cars. they're cool. but tesla is a fuckup of a company.

"slow roadster"
what

The old one.

ENRON

Would be cool to drive, not to own

Terrible cars. When Audi, BMW, Merc, Toyota, basicly every large car company gets their EVs on the market, Tesla will be gone.

They're pretty cool as far as cars go. I like the idea of EVs, only downsides are the price and range which should be fixed...soon...ish...(tm)...

Name me one car that is faster than a tesla 100. if you can name one, tesla is still an extremely fast sports car.

If you can't name one, isn't it obvious that tesla is a sports car?

Extracting hydrogen from water is energy intensive. I think more energy goes into electrolysis of water than the energy you get from burning the hydrogen obtained.

no Motorsport wins or even participation
no buy

That's also true of electricity in general.

the iphone dumbass

Kinda cool but utterly ruined by their fanbase.

Yes, but with Hydrogen ICE you have two fairly lossy processes to deal with (Electrolysis and then the hydrogen burning), giving you a total well-to-wheel efficiency of about 22%, compared to 73% when storing energy in batteries instead.
twitter.com/EURELECTRIC/status/892694254828630016?ref_src=twsrc^tfw