Driving with home heating oil

Imagine you’re a stingy Jew, and you love saving money. You’re also living in a damn cold state, you’re not an environmentalist faggot, you heat your hole with red low sulfur heating oil and you don’t give a fuck about paying your taxes.
You drive a diesel, don’t know shit about fixing cars and therefore fully rely on the local mechanic, who happens to hate you and charges you triple the usual price for any work.
The diesel you drive is a 4.2 1HD-FTE Toyota Land Cruiser.
Would you drive your diesel with heating oil to satisfy your money-saving urges? Please share any experiences, good or bad.

It's going to kill your injectors

Your retarded

In Germany heating oil is the same as Diesel.
But
You don't pay taxes for heating oil, it is colored red and thus is painting your fuel filter red. When stopped by da cops it is going to fuck you in the ass.
Stick to diesel don't risk getting banged in the ass unless you into that shit.

You could run on anything that's liquid and combustible if you had a deuce and a half, but you don't.

do it OP

diesel engines were originally made to run on literally any burnable oil but this is no longer the case, you should probably use purpose-made diesel

it'd work if you were talking about a fucking tractor or a power generator or something tho

Sure if you like 135 hp pieces of shit.

That’s the rating for the A2 at least.

>stopped by Reichspolizei
>have to disassemble and present your fuel, oil and air filters for inspection

such is life in germany

the last time i saw one it was missing something important in the multifuel engine. the TURBO
for gods sake thats disgusting. also it had leaf springs that were as stiff as stone

To be fair that would only happen if someone reports you to STASI. Also you better be changing the fuel filter yourself

Fag, that can't be true for that engine. The only part that might suffer is the fuel pump -- and only if it's lubricated by the fuel it pumps. If it uses engine oil as lube, should be fine.

>if it uses engine oil as lube
It's a diesel, guess what is used as lubricant

genuinely not sure. some parts are lubricated by engine oil, others by the fuel itself.

My grandpa used to drive with purple gas all the time. It's fine.

It's a fuel pump, it is literally in the fuel tank full of diesel, all the way in the back, as far from the oil as it gets

If it's common rail the high pressure pump is located at the engine.

ur*

I heat my home with ULSD ask me anything

>measuring utility vehicles by hp output instead of torque
Stupid Americans.

Not sure how things are in your area, but here in Finland heating oil is un-taxed high sulfur "diesel". It´s not suitable for winter use as is. It´s ok in older indirect diesels, but newer commonrail/direct injection/whatever will have problems.
Around here there is also untaxed vehicle diesel, which is for farm tractors and such vehicles that don´t practically use public roads(if you drive a tractor mainly on roads, you need to use proper diesel).
Prepare your anus if cops catch you and more than cops, your local tax officials are going to rape your corpse until the end of time.

Dude, is 330 ft/lbs you Autist, it’s about as bad as it having 135 hp.....

Pretty much every pickup with a V8 makes about that and about 150-200 hp more as well.....

Very sad. They are known on military forums for being quite underpowered. Granted thy were used more like tractors in the military, not really a truck you should use for actual highway type work.

Not OP, but what diesel engines could run on peanut oil or home eating oil, in this green dark future of self-driving EVs, when ICEs will be illegal and gas stations will be closed ?

my dream truck

Most that have a mechanical pump and minimal emissions equipment

Pretty much any diesel before the 2000s. I have an 80s Mercedes I run cooking oil, waste motor oil, and transmission fluid through. You don't have to modify anything if you run this during the warm months. At most you change the fuel filters more often.

>2020
>driverless diesel car
>fill it with heating oil
>sensors detect untaxed fuel
>doors lock
>drives to nearest police station and sits outside
>car alarm goes off until an officer comes to arrest me

True, i'm so old i forget this kind of thing

thank you google

Try using a 50/50 mix of Diesel and heating oil, it might need retuning. If the oil has the same viscosity as diesel then it should be fine, but if it's thicker then you might need a fuel pre-heater for colder weather.

The injector pump on older diesels is also lubricated by the fuel.

t. an actual mechanic.

I've heard of people running off-road diesel and Jet fuel in their diesels. They don't do dip tests here so if you gave me a free tank of it I'd sure as hell use it. You wouldn't want to try it on any modern diesel.

Heating oil and road diesel are bascially the same here but heating oil is dyed red and Customs have the power to take a roadside fuel sample. If I remember the fine is pretty big.

semi-related question here

at some of my gas stations they have this pump with ethanol-free premium that says "recreational premium gas" that is the same price as the ethanol premium

that said, I drive a turbo car, and I'm already skeptical of running ethanol in any car, let alone one with a turbo, so I try to avoid it, and sometimes go with the recreational premium

the pump handle is red, does that mean it is dyed?

I don't think it's against the law, but what do I even care, MN doesn't do inspections.

The government has the authority to siphon your fucking fuel and fine you for using the wrong kind? Where do you live so I can stay far away from it

>I hate it because it is too capable.

It's a fucking truck. If you had soft springs it wouldn't be able to carry much, which is besides the point of a truck.

I think that is true for pretty much every country in EU as heating oil is not taxed (as much) as diesel so by driving with it is a tax fraud.
If you pump heating oil at a gas station into your vehicle they will call police on site and they'll fine you and empty your tank.
I live on the countryside and many farmers use it for tractors. They just have the tanks for heating oil at home and a truck delivers it to them.

It depends, based on local supply and prices. Sometimes heating oil is just road diesel with dye added. Sometimes it's kerosene. If it meets the spec for heating oil, it's all good.
Your car is probably pickier than a boiler, the increased cost of maintenance may offset savings. Also, you are absolutely fucked if your tank is inspected. The excisemen will ream your arsehole out until the only way you'll ever get off again is by tickling your prostate with a telegraph pole.

>Implying it's this complicated
I've been stopped by Ministry of environment in Canada and all the do is take what is essentially a dipstick into your gas tank and then go back to their truck and test it.

>use something other than a specific type of fuel
>get raped with fines
Why did this happen?

Absolutely not.

I would blend my diesel with a percentage of heating oil at the most.

Sell it and buy an old mechanical diesel, then run whatever the fuck you want. I suggest Ford IDI motors. Run forever and cheap af to maintain.

Same in Canada. They sell dyed gas and diesel for use in farm equipment and trucks. The cops can check your gas to see if you're using it in a vehicle without farm plates.

Can you explain the basics of how this works? I don't understand diesels at all

What do they use for dye? Surely we could distill it off or use some other solvent to absorb it.

Just mix in a little oil or fuel additive with it. As others have stated, older diesels use fuel to lubricate injection and lift pumps. ULSD and even heating oil now iirc, lack the lubrication these parts need.

Even if it were possible, it would probably cost more than just paying the tax to get road diesel.

gooks have been doing this for years

The yellow Juden strikes again

1HD uses a Denso copy of a Bosch VP44 style pump, it's mounted to the timing case and uses fuel for lubrication

not having the military plates instead of real plates lame, and these trucks are OK. They'll go through whatever you want, their just slow I've been on a thousand mile road trip in one Its just slow moving with no power steering and power brakes but thats easily fixable

fucking lel