cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Triumph

I feel like a fucking retard asking this, but how do I leave a review of a product on SportBikeShop? I can't see the button to do it anywhere

WHERE ARE MY BEANS

Just bought new CL bike
>cleaned chain
>changed oil & oil filter
>changed air filter
>changed spark plugs
Anything else I'm missing? Only has 3.5k miles, do I need to clean the carburetor or am I good?

Valve adjustment

Str8piep

Don't know what I'm looking for in a valve adjustment, and if I'm doing that I might as well clean the carburetor too.
I don't plan on doing anything with the exhaust on this bike, that's for the next bike when I actually care about how it sounds.

And I'd likely do a slip-on.

No pipe too much backpressure

If it doesn't hiccup or hesitate when you give it throttle then you should be fine with the carb. What bike?

Check tire pressures

>brittish inline 3

Sounds good, and WR250
Oh yeah, I did that too, and you can check the brake life by looking at the little measuring thing on there, and I adjusted the rear brake lever so it's a little more sensitive.

I'll replace the front brake fluid later down the road, I really can't be bothered with that shit without a second pair of hands.

lmao

>WR250

R, X or F series? Because R and Xs were fuel injected.

Open the carbs up at least to check if they're dirty or atleast spray them down with carb cleaner also balance them

>tfw removed anit-reversion
>tfw bike revs like mad now
Its a good feel

Based italian aethetics.

This kills the r3 squid

It's a converted FT

>weighs nearly 100lbs more
>makes thr same HP
What a turd.

wait I thought EBR died again, did it get revived again . . . again?

they didn't completely die last time.

lol beginner bikes are such a meme, they gradually increase in engine size, performance, and cost until it doesn't make sense to buy them anymore as a beginner since they become mid range bikes at that point.

ultimately the best beginner bike is a used one that is 600cc or less that you aren't afraid to beat the shit out of.

>at least to check if they're dirty
can do
>spray them down with carb cleaner
sure
>also balance them
wouldn't have a clue how, and I heard they're very VERY fickle about getting balanced so I'll likely let the stealership do that.

If I want a big bike, I go buy something big. Not something that will scream its head off just trying to keep up with the speed limit.

>buy this
>struggle to not get passed by diesel Škodas on the highway

They will stop at 47hp becuse of the european license

What bike is this?

Y B R 2 5 0
B
R

G l o r i o u s n i p p o n s t e e l, f o l d e d t e n t h o u s a n d t i m e s.
Lol, jk, it was made in Brasil.

Balancing actually not all that hard just tedious, theirs a kit you can buy (read the manual trust me) and you'll plug the lines into the vaccum lines that connected to the boots that the carbs sit on find your adjustment screws (my zx6r has 1 for each carb) and then adjust it until all the carbs are the same on the vaccum chart, it doesn't matter where they sit at as long as it's the same on all of them

Exactly, so if you want a small bike you can buy a Ninja 400

If you are a driving school, then yes.

I think this bike only has one carburetor though.

have any of you lot calling 400cc bikes 'small' ever ridden a moped or 125?
or is it just because of america's roads that you need to have a 400 to keep up

But the R3 is better

If it can't pull a wheelie in 5th gear at 200kmh it isn't powerful enough and therefore considered small.

A 400 is small, a 125 or a moped is smaller.

Maybe they haven't ridden a modern 300cc in the highway. It's perfectly capable. Only scum speed.

>have any of you lot calling 400cc bikes 'small' ever ridden a moped
For six years yeah.

>or 125
I ride a 250 and could need a bit more power for the highway.

Get something 500cc+

>weighs more
>same HP figures
>anyone who buys this will be outridden by some gumby on a meme machine R3

Nah.

yes, highways in the US, especially around major cities, are a horrible place to be if you can't do 100+. People are aggressive, shitty, and fast drivers, it's not even that you need to do 90+ consistently but when you're stuck between the drunk semi truck driver and stacy on the phone in her dads suburban you want to be gone and fast, a 125 or 250 can't do that.

I prefer to have to leftover power at 130km/h (speed limit).

Aren't a lot of roads in America like 100mph+? I don't think I would feel comfortable on anything not capable of doing 130, need the speed for overtaking and merging

>I go 100+mph on the highway
>I cruise at 90+mpg
>Any slower is unsafe
>This is why you need a big bike

Better stop before you infect everyone with your scum

Ah if it's a single carb don't worry about it then, definitely clean it I had alot of fueling issues with my carbs because the ethanol kept gunking them up, I personally shift a little higher than normal once the bikes warmed up to help deal with deposit build up

I've never ridden a moped, but where I live (in the USA) the rush hour traffic on the highway gets up to 80mph+ on a 2 lane 55mph limit road and on the city highways that are 4-5 lanes the left lane might be traveling at 90mph while the right lane is only doing 45mph so if you are on some 250cc or less bike you will be in a seriously disadvantaged position to have to maneuver in traffic when you are near the top of your bikes capabilities.

>Aren't a lot of roads in America like 100mph+?
no not legally, but people still do go those speeds all the time

In Texas the highest speed limit is 85mph but most people in those areas drive as fast as they want to because towns are a couple hours apart and it's absolutely nothing but flat desert for miles

>Rush traffic
>Speeds 25mph over limit instead of 25mph stop and go
You must live in paradise

I emailed weeks ago, when are you fucks gonna put me on the map?

Only richfag euros go for the 300-400 class
There are better options

Takes about 1-2 years

I know that tyres are supposed to be cold when you check their pressure, but will a 5 minute ride to the servo at 60km/h max make them too hot? Or am I being paranoid?

your highways are 60-70 miles per hour and a 300cc can cruise at 70-75 miles.
you are just a bad rider.

i might just be retarded, but doesn't the exhaust valve accomplish everything literally everything that baffle was supposed to do anyway?

how does anything backflow through a closed exhaust valve

Shouldn't change it much except maybe a couple psi at most

daily reminder all bikers should be sent to the gas chambers and no one thinks your cool but you

it really doesn't matter that much

What bike do you got?

Look at this cager cuck, did a $2,000 600 beat your $20,000 shitbox?

>your highways are 60-70 miles per hour
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

where I live everyone drives like an insane person, and it's great. at rush hour the highway will literally be packed with people tailgating each other 1-2 car lengths apart at 80mph as far as you can see in front and behind you.
>driving home
>speeding 30 over
>cop pulls up behind
>promptly move out of his way
>let him pass
>pull back in behind him
>now follow him at 45 over the speed limit

The intake and exhaust valves are usually open at the same time for the first bit of the intake stroke.
Google: valve overlap, exhaust scavaging, and cam timing, for more info.

One day on my way to work left lane traffic was doing 110 in a 55, and it wasn't just one or two people, a whole line of 10-20 cars were well into triple digits. Anyone who says a 250 is fine for US highways has clearly never ridden on them.

wtf,

>at rush hour the highway will literally be packed with people tailgating each other 1-2 car lengths apart at 80mph as far as you can see in front and behind you.

Here rush hour means going

when i rev my bike and release the throttle again, it backfires alot, and the idle is weird..
is this because the air fuel mixture is too lean?
cg150

correct, probably

what kind of wheelies better help escape feelies?

full loops

Clutchups for fun
Powerwillies for depression

Stoppies

Any kind of wheelies, chasers, 12 o'clocks, fast ones, slow ones, and ones that make you shit yourself.

I wanna NM4

this is fucked

friend wheelies :D

where do i get one of those

hello fellow scum anons, how has you day been?

And I only want it because of the colored dash
I already have a fun naked I use to join the streets and twisties
I just want one to satisfy my exhibitionism and for long trips

why are american roads so wide

OMG YOU ALMOST FUCKING DIED

mutts have poor vision, and as such need larger areas for recovery for when they screw up

they were designed around shipping via trucks, so most highways and biways are comfortably wide enough for a semi. where as is europe a lot of roads existed long before cars and were designed around horse and cart, then the buildings were built around the roads, so you can't just expand the road out wider since there are buildings there.

anyone else use their bike as their daily in the northeast? How do you fair when it's cold enough to support icy roads?

I know right! It actually felt pretty sweet fishtailing a but I held onto the brakes a bit too long. Follow me on snapchat/instragram and give me a thumbs up bby ;)

>tfw want to upgrade to a cheap cb600 hornet from my ybr125
>cant get any insurance because squids crash them all the time or so they say

yet they only ask me 250€ a year for a 2017 africa twin, the shady kikes

further more if you look at a city like Boston which is very old the roads are narrow and make no fucking sense because they are made around old cow and goat paths that existed since the colonial times, compared to NYC where everything is an idealistic grid pattern like some autistic child would design.

I just got my Motorcycle Endorsement today via a MSF course.. Well still have to go to the DMV to get the actual Endorsement.

I was going to wait till spring to get a bike and start riding, but I love it so much that I'm probably going to get some really cheap small bike (like less than $1000) to practice with in local lots this winter, and maybe spend a couple grand on some 450-600cc something in the spring.

Any general advice for someone looking to buy their first beater bike?

americans wondering why anyone would want a bike as small as a 125 or a grom need to try riding in the uk a bit

First bike go dual sport always. You'll never get sick of it and it's perfect to learn on.

Cheap, easy to work on, fun as fuck, and won't shatter if you drop it a few times.

no we get it, the thing is that the argument ends up being over extremes like mopeds vs hayabusas

I'm strongly considering one, but with my current budget, and them not being supper common in my area, not sure how cheap I could find one.

I'm just starting my search now though. Primarily I'm leaning towards a dual sport, sub 600cc sport bike, or a sort of touring/naked sort of thing... pretty much anything but a cruiser.

Ninja 250/300

>Sit down and calculate how much money I can save per month
>12.5 months to save enough to afford bigger bike + full licence without even looking into insurance
>Stuck on 50mph top speed bike for a year

Kill me
Kill me now