/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Live Letter Q&A
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread

>New Aquapolis Info
jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002094.html

>4.01 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/33efbf65a7c6b86b3c62816b7a75523012584b54

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and
Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/HuaAJ6wM

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69
fflogs.com/reports/PMN6T2hqn4gjL7ar#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=6&start=13813580&end=14165409
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good

>steel cyclone mimicing bloodbath
>inner release cost removed
>more steel cyclones
>zerk for more steel cyclones
>unchained cost removed for more overpower and keeping that parry rate up (for sub 70s obviously)
>able to stance dance now to refresh my TP at the end of a pull and do a little more single target damage and buildup for MORE CYCLONES

WAR is the one true tank. Enjoy your permanent relocation in the shed, palcucks and Dorks.

This is the future fox shitposter chose for us kek

xth for playing the class I want regardless of nerfs or buffs

How do I make gold? I have 2m which doesn't feel like shit.

hi can i be cool

I'm going to raid with an elezen black mage~!

Ive been hovering around 5m for like 2 years now. there is not a lot to spend on unless you want day 1 crafted shit or houses

Crafting

I mean, is it really all that surprising that the OG poster boy class of FFXIV wouldn't be good?

Marketboard playing, start with Flax.

WHY AST BROS
WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO US?! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET BUFFED
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gee thanks for the 20 potency on souleater Yoshi you fuck

The quietus change is nice I guess? Slightly more convenience on one or two aoe pulls.

nonchalant casual all lower case post but im actually the most unstable individual youll ever meet

Wonder how far with earlyposting that midlander avatar will go on his mentally ill competition

>the same people who bitched and moaned about WAR and tried to find any reason why they're good are the same ones now screeching about how they got buffs by whining enough
I'm laffin'

PLDs and DRKs are true husbands.

LIORA KEKED AGAIN MENTALLY ILL TRANNY BTFO AGAIN HOLY SHIT

>tfw I have a PLD husband

xth for midlanders, don't forget to put the patch notes in your next OP

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

>literally no male race looks good as sam unless you want to be an old man

fucking shoot me

>that end
lost

it's just sad he forces people to make threads early if they want to avoid his mug

>what are giraffes

that's not that bad. it'll make a pretty decent difference in the long run. I was hoping for some of our old skills to come back, tho.

How do I find one? Do I need to be a healer main?

But that's where you're wrong kiddo.

you're retarded. AST has 2 good cards to draw from now and a crit bonus buff. the only healer getting shedded is WHM (again LMAO)

why is everyone saying pld sucks now? it's only 30 potency, that sounds like barely anything

Hope I can bug you for that request later. Good night.

Don't ever reply to me again, thanks. I'd rather not be forced to make threads at all as I have better things to do, but I actually come here sometime to ask questions and you do nothing but annoy people. I hate you.

See a shrink and fuck off

>tfw whm and pld are gonna be roommates in the shed
feels good

>highlander male
>min height
>still 6'2" in heels
>gruffy beard
>late 20s look
give it a go man

mada mada dane

And they are awesome friends

so uhhh when's the new bosses?

if your a cute f hyur on Hyperion ill be your PLD

>mfw

I can't make this look good.

Comfy maintenance swimmies

end your life you retarded fuck. stay BTFO. we're taking the thread back from avatarcunts

I'm gonna need more convincing.... So post more male elezen SAMs!

Because, now WAR has been....unchained

>not hiding your weapon
fuck you

Oh hey lets make a bunch of tiny buffs that look good on an excel sheet but dont address how much of a drag the class is to play.
Yeah that will please the people complaining that eyes fall off at every boss jump and asking them to remain like every other stack mechanic.
That will totally please people saying how they cant even use their expansion skill because it takes nearly TWO MINUTES to even get to use it and you get a whole of 20 seconds to use it if the boss hasnt jumped by then.
Nah lest just give Elusive jump a 30 second dc.
GO
FUCK
YOURSELF
YOSHIDA

Sorry but I don't meet those requirements. thanks though

Cute character friendo

I only have a handful of pictures of my one character, sorry Jimbo.

Next time add current news to the OP

>cant discuss ffxiv on /v/
>come here for discussion
>filled with cancerous avatar fags
why isnt this a bannable offense

Oh look, it's what they should have done in the first place.

Literal mongoloids in charge of job changes.

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day

Am I a cute f hyur? Hyperion is pretty comfy, but a little dead.

go away liora

how does that stop you from discussing the game
oh yeah
it doesnt

It is but they just ban evade, mods have abandoned these threads.

What is it you do during the maintenance, user?

I used to make a decent amount of moni just selling low level gear, mostly for gatherers. Pickaxes, scythes, brass daggers and swords, stuff like that. Just look through the MB and fill all those empty slots with your high quality junk~

So which DPS jobs are looking to be good and fun after 4.05? I held off on choosing until the patch

Sucking cock.

>this trash remains unchanged

Thanks pretty lizard girl

I'm proud of that pole. It caught me a castaway chick that same night

WAR

When are servers going back up?

the fuck are you talking about dumb fuck there is a daily xiv thread on /v/, most the times multiple threads a day, all that hit bump limit, and almost none of it is avatarfagging, they are pretty much completely game discussion. and if you hven't noticed from the OP, the community is actively making a push against avatarcunts like liora as we speak

it is a bannable offense and i've had liora banned multiple times but the mentally ill tranny needs to ban evade because his need for attention is so autistically strong that he has to avatarcunt the threads constantly.

Black Mages Matter

3am PST

riddle of fire isn't trash, moron

you're not forced to make threads at all, just helping you out. you can help make them with me the whooooole expansion

Managing it is, however.

>There are people here who still don't know that yoshi is a hack.

Beat off to pictures of Liora

Leave my friend Yoshi alone, he's a good boy.

SAM
NIN
RDM
BRD
pick any of the above and you got a guaranteed raid spot.

Does this girl take it in the rear? Does she have a dick?

I want to fill this lizards inventory till it bursts with my junk!

Deliberately baiting. Report.

>can never make cute ops because thread wars and early threads
i dont like this

shooty games

What very.....Interesting responses.

Double weaving with RoF and then shitting out TFCs once I'm done is fun and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

That said if MNKs got GL4 while still being able to double weave at +5% speed that'd be my wet dream.

it's basically quality of life stuff that should have been there from the get go.

Likely waiting for Savage to play out before making drastic changes which is sensible but also sucks ass if you're playing a dragoon

Not Liora. Just a friendly reminder to keep the OP as current as possible

I love you Liora!

I did a bunch of Blazblue of which I am bad but am trying to learn. I got one whole basic combo pretty much down. Now I'm deciding whether to nap or drink a bunch of coke and stay up.

Pay me.
Catching up on Kyuranger. I haven't watched it since Kogami SkyBlue got his Kyutama.

I hate lalas

mentally ill faggot. stay BTFO. i bet you get salty as fuck that people are taking the threads back from avatarcunts, thats why you've been ramping up the screen capping and avatarcunting, but you rarely get the thread OP anymore and soon you never will once we get more organized, so STAY BTFO

Storm's Eye and Darkside are both +20%. The more useful note would be trying to account for Berserk for the extra Fell Cleave and change, but this is just napkin math, not trying to go completely full retard on it, since I'm not even sure if the classes share the same base damage multiplier or not, and I don't have a link to the damage formula calculation shit offhand. Point is, neither of them is blowing the other out of the water on the buffs.

Sure, I can do something quick for PLD's Holy Spirit nerf. The Holy spirit nerf is probably the most variable one since PLD's MP recovery can be quite variable between Sheltron usage and external sources of MP.

This is the highest PLD parse on fflogs (for Susano, like the other two), once again limited to 5:50 duration. fflogs.com/reports/PMN6T2hqn4gjL7ar#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=6&start=13813580&end=14165409

In this 5:50 time window, the Paladin used 23 Holy Spirits, for a total of 554.9 DPS.

With the Holy Spirit nerf, the PLD would have lost 690 Potency over the 5:50 timeframe. Since there's no Dark Arts or other shenanigans adjusting the base damage of Holy Spirit, we can do some simple math in this case to determine lost DPS:

- (400/430) * 554.9 = 516.18 DPS after nerf, or a loss of 38.7 DPS. Just a little bit over 1% total DPS (3,493)

It's a nerf, for sure, but people seem to be blowing it pretty out of proportion, much like the DRK/WAR changes.

Assuming we round up to 2% overall damage gained/lost by the tanks, this would put the highest parses (Susano, Player Damage Done) for each tank at:

PLD - 3518.2
DRK - 3339.8
WAR - 3280.6

Even if we push WAR to 3%, it just puts them on par with DRK, and PLD still very comfortably in the lead.

one day i'm gonna look up what btfo means

oh

sorry

>we r legun hurpaderp
Cheese and rice dude.
Blown the fuck out.

>tfw will never be tall enough to pet all these male elezens

Bard - solid
sam - solid
red mage - solid
ninja - solid?
black mage - up in the air