ITT: Pros and Cons on the new 2017 WRX

ITT: Pros and Cons on the new 2017 WRX

no wagon

Cons: it's a wrx

If were talking the non sti then id say its worth it

Id aim for the 2018 wrx if i were you, its a bit more refined in the inside and less road noise, better clutch feel, better transmission internals.

Id be hard pressed to justify a sti and its price when you have the focus rs, golf r, type r. But the regular wrx is good. Other than the memes of course

Pros:
>it's blue
>it's a 2017
>it's practical

Cons:
>it's a 2017 WRX
>if you're older than 23 you should be shot on site if seen driving one

it's actually easier to haggle the pricing a lot lower with the sti now that you have the other 3 around. msrp isn't reflective of what the actual cost is out the door.

pros:
-it does what it is supposed to do well. Reasonable with enough driving excitement for a reasonable price.
-can bring friends in it with 4 seats

cons:
- boxer engine and lol reliability
- you'll look even gayer than a NA miata driver especially in a loud color like that blue. also vapenayshun and lesbians and shiet

I bought a 2018 sti

cons: rev hang you can't disable
hill assist (but you can disable)

pros: its pretty quick and hangs on to corners well

>on site

>you should be relocated for the shooting

I don't like the newer WRXs that much, but why do fags here have such a hate boner for Subaru in general. Is it literally just vape and lesbian memes?

It's ugly as shit. It looks like a legacy with fat bumpers

>2018 STI
>Rev hang
Only the WRX has rev hang. The STI doesn't. Either you're lying about owning one, of you suck at driving stick.

2017's are no longer new. The 2018's are new. As said, the 2018's are much better. Very much worth it. I personally think the STI's are worth it...if you track the car. Otherwise, WRX is the way to go.

The hatred for Subaru's on this board is hilarious and unwarranted; meme's parroted by ignorant bus riders, such as this twit and this twit .

subie fanboys are infamously smug. Probably worse than BMW fanboys

I own a 2017, you will get sick of the absolute dogshit stock tune and rev hang within a year and will flash it with an Accessport.

I didn't even want more power or to modify the car, but the stock tune is very, very bad. I'm not being funny, pre flash it's probably the most infuriating car I've ever driven, I was considering selling it and preferred driving my geo metro around.

Basically the throttle linearity is 1:1 before 30 percent pedal depression, anything over that becomes 100%. It gives the illusion the car is much quicker then it is because you're fucking flooring it everywhere.

Then there's the rev hang which makes shifting the car a chore. I have absolutely no idea why anyone at Subaru thought the programming was acceptable for the final product. Flashing the car with even a stage 1 OTS map from Cobb removes all of what I mentioned, gives the car more power and increases drivability hugely.

I'm currently on the MAP performance stage 1 tune and it's night and day. Car is awesome to drive now.

>guy sees a 30 y/o guy driving a 2017 wrx
>CAPTURE HIM
>take him to a wrx prison camp
>"vape in hell you fag"
>shoot him in the back of the head
>that will teach him

FPBP

>buying a trashcan on 4 wheels
>intentionally
enjoy the understeer

well, my engine still works. at 63k of daily driving. and lots of spirited driving. I think its the most fun car i've ever owned. and it really doesn't understeer badly, its all about how you drive it.

but now i'm gonna trade it in because i'm afraid of being a faggot :[

Hello everyone

About the only pro is they hold their resale value because fuck bois are ready to line up and buy them in droves.

>Pros:

It turns like a boat

Need to update from the boxer. It's been too damn long

Have no idea what you're talking about.

Just had a kid so im plaoon getting the wrx as a fun 4 door car. Guess the mustang will have to wait. How are the 2018 differences ? I knowbhey are sudtle but the better syncros and clutch as me curious

>lol reliability
They're quite reliable, not as good as Toyota but still way better than any German car.

I've got a 2015 sti and the transmission/clutch/accelerator interaction feels like ass. I honestly think there's something wrong with it.

>loud color
Lolwut

It's your driving, 100%

>inb4 'I've been driving manual for 20 years'

Different guy but, subbies are known for less than pleasant clutches. Bigger issue is the stock map. The rev hang, throttle lag, and non-linear throttle make driving and low rpm shifting vague. I have not seen this issue on cable operated throttle bodies.

That's because it can't happen on cable operates throttle bodies. I drive a new SEX, stage 1 cobb made it better but I learned to drive smoothly on stock.the hang doesn't change, its always the same. You compensate, hence, his driving

I've had a somewhat limited experience with manuals, only had my license for 4 years and drove an auto for 2, but I've driven evos, a 911, a boxster s, a 330hp s15 w/ stage 3 clutch, and a whole host of other cars, and I can tell you, they are much, much simpler to drive smoothly. The my15 STi is awful to drive. It's too goddamn electronic. The throttle response is uneven, as the other user said, and in my experience, totally random. You can spend an hour+ driving smoothly, then all of a sudden the exact same amount of throttle you've been using this whole time almost stalls the engine on a flat road. The bite point is suddenly lower, the gears grind even with the clutch fully fucking depressed, the car has randomly felt 'heavy' and unresponsive on 2 occasions in the 4 months I've had it.
Weird shit is happening and I'm pretty sure I'm not causing it.

pros
>looks alright
>cheapest awd 4cyl turbo you can get
>big aftermarket

cons
>negative perception
>doesnt turn or corner well
>interior is shit

>not censoring your license plate

kek im going to call the police on you and tell them you browsed Veeky Forums

It corners very well actually with its superior grip, don't understand what you mean about the interior, it's not great but to say it's shit is just ridiculous

Pros
>nice blue color
Cons
>pigfat
>slow
>can't turn or stop
>Subaru doesn't care about rally anymore
>hasn't changed for the better in 20 years
>slower than a Camry S
>overpriced
>cheap interior
>only liked by fedora wearing vape smoking stoners

>doesnt turn or corner well

I can tell youve never driven one

Kek, another retard memer

You ever driven this car. Has some space age shit to help you corner such as brake vectoring and torque distribution to get you out of a corner. The only cars that have more space age AWD shit is the R34 GTR and the EVOs

The quality of the materials and the rattles and creaks on the WRXs I've seen. The interior is worse than it's competitors (GTI, FoST). While it's much much better than previous gens, compared to it's competitors, nada.

I've driven an 03 STI, 06 WRX, 10 WRX and 15 WRX

toss it up to experience or personal preference or both I really dislike the way it corners. compared to a FWD, RWD and other AWD systems, I don't think it allows for much leeway when coming into turns and corners at high speeds. coming around a hairpin it works great due to the AWD however a sharp left/right turn I find myself messing up more frequently

>The interior is worse than it's competitors (GTI, FoST).
You're blind

That's a ship.

You've never driven one.

Veeky Forums is to Subaru as /v/ is to Sony. Yeah the shills are annoying, but not as annoying as the meme-ing fags that hate Sony with a passion and will never stop telling you as much at every chance they get.

>1:1 before 30 percent pedal depression, anything over that becomes 100%. It gives the illusion the car is much quicker then it is because you're fucking flooring it everywhere.

Why would you be flooring it if you're already at WOT >30%? What do you expect to gain? I bet you're one of those twits who go full throttle out of parking lots for no reason.

>Then there's the rev hang which makes shifting the car a chore.

No it doesn't. Just fucking do it properly. The hang is minimal and barely noticeable if you're not trying to slam gears because that's how they did it in

>I'm currently on the MAP performance stage 1 tune and it's night and day. Car is awesome to drive now.

Because reddit's convinced you that reprogramming the ECU is a good idea, despite having no clue what precisely the reprogramming actually does? Go ahead and find me some documentation where any of these companies explain thoroughly what aspects of timing/ratio/whatever they modify in those flashes.

I guess you know what you're talking about since you saw it in a review?

Not him, but if you had driven one you would understand. They are extremely touchy.

Not the same guy, but what are you talking about? Every subaru I've sat in has been a loud windy experience. I'd say the high end interior stuff is about as good as a mid trim focus. Only, the Ford has better sound isolation.

Don't even compare the interior to a GTI's.

I like my subbie, but you're talking out of your ass.

>the hang is minimal and barely noticeable.

10/10 bait

VW is tip top tier in this segment but if you're comparing the STi and Focus RS interior, I'd disagree. I drove the RS and it was very equivalent of a base focus. Had a harsher ride and had a quieter interior when you disconnected the sounds being pumped into the cabin. Not to mention a cheap weirdly placed brake pedal.

you can call a ship a boat but you cannot call a boat a ship
Learn to sea you scallywag

Or youre a fucking retard