What oil and filter is in your car RIGHT NOW?

What oil and filter is in your car RIGHT NOW?

FL400
Castrol Edge 5w30 HM FS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vxdO_9nc
youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7_-mhqfdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Royal purple 10w30
>OEM filter

Supertech oil
Supertech filter

>Wal-Mart oil

castrol edge 0w-40
specifically because it made in germany, which has OBSCENE oil quality and purity standards, whereas in the usa you can slip some non-synthetic in there and still call it synthetic

mobil1 0w-40 is good too

FL500S
Mobile1 Full Synthetic 5W-30

Mobil 1 0W-40
MANN

Castrol edge 5w-40
Ryco filter

You should investigate more and stop saying things that aren't necessarily true.

Mobil 1 10w-30 full synthetic + purolator filter

It's rebranded oil by Mobil

Conventional Penzoil 10w30 High Mileage
Purolator one

Total Quartz Racing 10w-50 (bout time to take it out and go lighter for winter)
MANN OEM filter

The only filter that matters with some matching 10w-30

Pennzoil ultra platinum 5w40
Mann filter

mobil 1 synthetic 5w-20 and a motorcraft filter

I dig that polish job, was that you or was that factory?

>Supertech oil

and fram filter

Mobil 1 5w30 Full Synth (Factory fill)
K&N filter because the store didn't have any Mobil filters in stock
Guess what I drive

Motorcraft oem filter
Motorcraft 5w-20 full synthetic

An 80s shitbox that cost 15x what you just paid for an oil change

Mobil 1 5w30 Synthetic High Mileage

K&N filter

>Full synth
>Factory fill
>1980's

Too busy driving to go over your posts with a fine tooth comb, try again next time

Wix with penzoil hi mileage convention 5w30
Bosch Castro synthetic 5w30

>be wrong
>blame someone else
big lels

I said try again next time bud

what a sperg

Can anyone tell me what the capacity for most filters is? I mean, how much oil can fit in one filter? 1/2 quart?

How big is the filter?

It's for a 1/2 ton truck

Rotella T6
NAPA Gold

Rotella T6
Wix

2000 cherokee

driving off cliffs I presume

5 quarts of Amsoil XL 5w30, pic related

Amsoil oil filter

Liquimoly 5W-40
MANN
Sometimes I use FUCHS oil

Mobile Delvac 15w40
Wix filter because it was the only one in stock in all 3 part stores near me.

Penrite 10-tenths racing 10w-40
K&N filter

Mobil1 5W30 full synthetic
Mobil1 M1-102

does anyone use MOTORFLUSH™ by MOTORMEDIC™?

any experience using this or similar products

Mobil 0w-40 fs and a black stp filter

Since we're on oil changes, I got a question
So my truck calls for 10w-30 oil, but I heard of people using 10w-40 or 5w-40 of its high mileage or colder weather or whatever, how much bullshit is this? Should I stick with the one on the cap or would another oil weight be better? I live in AZ so it never gets super cold, and I have about 200k miles on my truck.
Also
>Supertech 10w-30 with fram filter, about to do a change with another fram and obviously whatever oil my fellow autists recommend

Stick with the 10w30, but use the hi mileage version. Otherwise there is the potential that the oil can't properly travel throughout the engine and deliver proper protection

I always use the cheapest shit available that meets or exceeds the API certification the owners manual calls for and bosch filters. All conventional oil is the same shit except with just additional snake oil additives.

Pennzoil yellow bottle 5w-30.

your not going to believe me but my car actually runs better on dino than synthetic

oh and for filter, its a wix

filter is usually 1/2 quart to 1/3 of a quart.

your probably 1/2 quart.

Same here. I'll burn a qt of oil in two months on synth, but won't burn an oz between changes with dino.

I've got
K&N on my Lotus, Wix on my BMW, Mahl on my Porsche.

oh rry?

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vxdO_9nc

>switch from blend to full synthetic
>oil pressure is lower all across the board (idling, accelerating etc)

is this normal?

Motul 300v 10w40, OEM filter

Used exclusively on track

Awesome, thanks user

i dont burn sweet fuck all with either but the idle with synth is like i got Micheal J Fox under the hood. With dino its all smooth.

Check your spec, if you're under spec switch to a higher viscosity.
A mobil1 0w40 really runs more like a 0w30.

In general people over-obsess a bit over synthetic oil, nothing wrong with dino oil if you change it on time.

I noticed the same thing when i switched to synthetic. From what ive gathered, its normal

yes its normal. weather or not its good is a different matter.

some engines (like the miata, according to a racing buddy of mine) have trouble with synthetic cause they need the high pressure.

Mob1 full synthetic 0w-20 and a Mopar filter.
Kinda thinking about going 0w-40 because I'm using it a lot at high revs now with a different gear ratio.

no need to flush EVER. in fact it can clog channels if you loosen chunks of sludge.

if you need a flush just use mobil 1 in your weight and change it at 2500 km for a couple changes. should be good after that.

How good are the wix filters?

also:
>5w-30 high mileage Pennzoil
>Mobil 1

same weight and specs

the engine is working fine as far as I can tell, no weird noises or rough idling or w/e. would there be any signs if the pressure got too low for the engine to work properly?

Wix is top quality.

Nah I meant check your oil pressure specs. They'll have a baseline and + or -
For both idle and load.
In my 928 I have to run 50 in the summer and 40 in the winter to be within spec.

>would there be any signs if the pressure got too low for the engine to work properly?

other than a cunty idle it may run hot? You would know if it was bad.

>How good are the wix filters?

youtube.com/watch?v=vJ7_-mhqfdQ

in all honesty i spent 2 weeks researching oil filters. Wix is by far the least bullshit company. no grades of filter, just one for towing and 1 for regular driving. both good for up to 10000km. and priced at half the price of a purolator in some cases. if you cant find wix, napa gold is a rebranded wix.

>local walmart is out of T6
>wakemupinside.exe

sorry meant to quote you in the post

he is correct though. look up group 3 synthetics. in america you are allowed to call group 3 synthetics (which are of a mineral base) full synthetics.

also look up Volkswagons/audis oil classifications. its really strict. why do you think there is a specific "european car formula"?

Mobil 1 high mileage 5-30
Mobil 1 filter

Just did it today. Taught my brother how to change the oil

B3300
Rotella T-6 5w-40

Brotella T6 5w40 and OEM Subaru Blue Filter
1500 miles but might change it early (went to track day on it)

2005 WRX

so is Rotella the only diesel oil that exists? i never hear diesel people using anything else...

Mobil 1 Extended Performance 10-40w
STP Extended Life Oil Filter

Castrol Extended Performance 10-40w
STP Oil Filter

Both fully synthetic, 1 for my miata, the other for my 323

There's Delo, Delvac, and Valvoline and Castrol offerings but Rotella is by far the most popular.

Motorcraft makes a 15w40 diesel oil, Mobil 1 makes a 5w-40 oil, Delvac makes on as well don't remember the weight, but Rotella in general I found to be on the cheaper end in some stores, not all. Plus Shell, Mobil, and Exxon products are top tier.

good to know. im sure I would know this if diesel was popular here (canada) but its mostly only tow trucks and some big ass pickups that are diesel.

Thanks anons. Yeah I wasn't particularly enjoying some store brands and common brands having like 3/4 different tiers of oil filters. I'll give this one a try real soon.

just as an fyi, do not use it on a ford. for some reason the spikes in oil pressure on a ford truck do not agree with the fine filter media on the wix and it had caused failure in some cases. all other cars (including ford cars) and trucks are fine.

castrol gtx 10w30 and uhh stp or something for the filter

for my rotard meme machine

Royal Purple 5w-30 (might be 15w-30, I don’t have the bottle on hand) and a Wix.

It’s running smoother.
It’s also leaking a little now.
But the thing is, it’s leaking from the plug, so I need to get a different seal I guess.

>for my rotard meme machine

you know you have a vested interest in the quality of your oil and filter if you have a rotary... unless your looking to kill it?

>it’s leaking from the plug

you didnt replace the crush washer... come on user

castrol gtx is what my engine builder suggested and man its just a filter, who cares, its pretty hard to fuck up

oil filters are like hdmi cables they either do the job or they don't so don't waste your money on premium shit cause it doesnt do anything extra

It was my second time changing oil.
I learned how to by google, and apparently that shit got left out.

I overfilled it anyways. I forgot it was canadian, saw “standard” and “US” measurements, couldn’t figure out what the can was measured in, and overfilled by probably a quart, maybe a quart and a half.

I’ll just change it out next oil change I do.

It's going in a Toyota Camry really which I'm already using a mobil 1 filter with dino oil retardedly. I'm just tired of paying almost 12 bucks a piece for them. That's still good to know anyways.

Penngrade 1 20w-50
Wix filter

Royal Purple 10w40 full synthetic

Bosch Premium filter

Castrol GTX 10w40 (that's my winter oil)

the user here
said it pretty well. do a little research and you will see that there is alot to filters.

dont feel too bad. I was going to go with mobil 1 filters till i found a guy that can supply me wix filters for 3 dollars each (he works at a parts store)

at least you didnt use an orange can of death (fram)

>2007 chevy tahoe with 325k miles
mobil 1 full synthetic 5w30 oil & bosch filter
>2002 audi TT
mobil1 full synthetic 5w30oil and bosch filter
>1999 honda accord 166k miles
Autozone brand 5w30 oil and fram filter

last oil change on the accord was like 8months ago too so i should change it soon but prolly gona cheap out again

whats better autozone oil or supertech oil?

>whats better autozone oil or supertech oil?

quick research says that they are the same shit from the same supplier. Why not just buck up the extra few bucks for some pennzoil or quakerstate?

Motorcraft 5w-30 and a motorcraft FL-1A filter

you deserve more yous for that b8.

I deserve more (You)s for being right about damn near everything I say

Really the mobil 1 filters were pretty good but it's a bit over kill considering I do 5k changes. I tend to avoid Fram and STP filters anyways

Gulf GVX 5-30 in civic with a Mann filter.
Gulf FS 5-30 in miata with k&n filter
Gulf GVX 5-30 with some filter, maybe also Mann in mitsubishi colt.
No one else who uses gulf?

not once have i seen this brand of oil.