What is Veeky Forums's opinion on weeb shows like Initial D and Wangan Midnight?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on weeb shows like Initial D and Wangan Midnight?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512356784445.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=33kY_2iHsZQ
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512362150264.webm
youtu.be/u6jTb2FQ_ow
youtu.be/WXJzt4bRWR8
youtube.com/channel/UCWpNYoQzJ3gYDh98EjPSUDg
youtube.com/watch?v=hljPsNpo9y4
youtube.com/watch?v=uTGeBkizALc
youtube.com/watch?v=gY2tC5fBdT4
youtube.com/watch?v=OmziZAKcB8A
youtube.com/watch?v=45zD69bW8PU
youtube.com/watch?v=i1y81USlNOo
youtube.com/watch?v=sE2purreOKU
youtube.com/watch?v=iyJn4vGDn7A
youtube.com/watch?v=nS-P4npOoIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretty ok i guess but real weebshit niggers need to leave

I only liked the first few episodes that were dubbed in English. Subtitles ruin the immersion for me.

Gtfo of my CHAN /b/ fag

Same. Subbed is way too distracting. Also the dub isn't that bad

leave my board

i enjoy them but people who think they're at all worth taking seriously are retarded
they're fun, they're dumb, just smile and watch

They dubbed all of 1st-4th you brainlets. They just didn't put it up all for free.
>nip audio and subs ruin immersion
>in a terribly animated show about nips in nipland
Most people are able to read subs in like half a second. Less even. It takes no time to glance down and read them.
Also this, although Initial D's message of car

>although Initial D's message of car

I've been watching Inital D for the first time.
1st Stage: Lots of fun, horrible animation, but part of the charm I guess
2nd Stage: More or less of the same
3rd Stage: No idea why this was a movie, it flows like shit, still ok
4th Stage: The project D stuff get's old, and the asspulls reach new levels of bullshit, I've yet to finish it
I have no idea how you could watch the dub, it's awful, sub master race.

Fun idea in the 1st season as a story of an unlikely autist being a racing memester.

gets old afterwards.

I liked initial D and i didnt mind the subs. The sound track is nice and the autistic main character is somethig anyone from Veeky Forums can relate to. Also, eurobeat

You're right, however the idea behind initial d is that you're never really sure where the "limit" is. This is apparent when Takumi drives the AE85 and is still extremely fast, even though everyone shit on it a few episodes prior.

It's all about knowing your car at its fullest. I remember in Initial D about Nakazato: he ditched his first car because he lost a race and claimed it was shit. He had to lost to Takumi with his new car to notice the problem was his driving skills. His story even ends in a good note, with him saying he's going to practice more and keep challenging others, while keeping his actual car.
There's also a similar thing with Itsuki. Takumi passed 2 cars with his AE85 and that was enough to make Itsuki understand his car wasn't as shit as the rest of the people told him to his face. He ended caring a lot about his Levin, even in the arcade games.

get the fuck out of here redditor

Sorry Veeky Forums is a weeb board sweetie

It wasn't fast at all. You missed the point there. Those guys were benchracers with little in the way of skill, so a good driver could pass them even with a slow car.

>the soyboys are mad
Pretty sure there's a huge overlap between weebs and busriders.

A lot of normies are closet weebs and you'd never be able to find out

whats that between her legs?

>gay shit

>A lot of normies are closet weebs
If you mean they love Initial D and Wangan Midnight, or other anime like those yes. If you mean weebshit with little anime girls, no. Those faggots always make sure you know about their obssession.

I think you mean what's between her(male) legs

forgot stage 5 and 6

>I've yet to finish it
It's almost like I havn't gotten there yet

Yeah I was talking about normie anime

I kept seeing people talk about how awful the dub was and I didn't understand why, because I thought it was great.

It turns out that there are actually two dubbed versions of the series, and I watched the good one, while everyone else seems to have watched the bad one.

You guys should actually watched the good dubbed version before saying it's shit.

Guess I must have the shit one, because it's awful.

Ah then of course. I'm actually glad most of Veeky Forums likes Initial D.

This is the one I have

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512356784445.webm

There are two english dubs: Tokyopop and Funimation.

Tokyopop is infamous for pretty much killing Initial D in the west (and other shaddy stuff they did too). They changed some names (Takumi was Tak, Itsuki was Iggy, Keisuke was K.T, Iketani was Cole, etc), localized only 1 game for homes (the only unlicensed one) and changed the eurobeat for some rock/rap garbage. And iirc, they did the western localization for the 3 first arcades, but then they dropped all of it.
They didn't even cared about the dub and dropped it midway Second Stage.

And then Funimation took the rights and dubbed almost all of it (I think up to Fifth Stage).

Ah that makes sense. I watched the few english dubbed Funimation ones on yt and they were good

It's fun enough. I bought an AE86 and then watched up through the 3rd stage to see what it was about. Lost interest after that because it started to seem formulaic.

How do people even watch those, I've yet to find a translation that wasn't complete shit

After getting used to the japanese voices this is fucking horrible, itsuki sounds way funnier in japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=33kY_2iHsZQ

As much as a car enthusiast as I am, i just nod and smile when people start talking about the anime. I mean its cool and I respect the influence its had on the culture, and the people its inspired
i just dont give a shit.

Doesn't sound bad to be desu

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1512362150264.webm

Never watched Initial D, but I've read a fair bit of the manga through fan translations. I was actually introduced to the series because where I lived had an Initial D arcade machine, and I would know until 4-5 years later it was an anime/manga.

As for anime/manga in general, it's kind of a weird relationship. I grew up loving stuff like the old 80s gundams, bebop, Gunbuster, etc. and I really tried to enjoy the moe shit now adays, but I just can't get into it, which means I don't enjoy most current anime. However, since summer I started collecting manga, and it feels like a whole new world. While costing a bit more money since I am collecting rather than torrenting, it is a much smaller time sink, and the amount of good manga I have never read or even heard of has me on a near endless backlog of stuff to get through.

Read Over Rev! it's superior to all other car-related manga I've read so far (literally the only one but ok)

You should see all of the neat stuff mecha has now, with modern animation. 80/20 trash/good split per usual but high budget gundam OVAs are still a thing.
youtu.be/u6jTb2FQ_ow

Idk countach was pretty good from the short amount of scans there is

Oo, yah i've seen like the first episode/ova/whatever of thunderbolt, thought it was dope. I actually only haven't watched more because I want to get the manga for it though! Thanks for the rec though, I always try to keep an eye open for good modern stuff, I know it exists!

This.
Childhood is preferring Initial D.
Adolescence is preferring Wangan Midnight.
Adulthood is preferring Over Rev!

wait a minute that riding suit

The rock/rap music in the anime is supposedly from the president of tokyopop's band. They also dubbed stage 3 but it was shown once and is gone forever.

>I will never live in 90's Japan
why go on

The source of /osg/'s >Le JaPAN letters R COOL! XDDD

cancer

anime is for children and pedophiles

>weeb believes that he's normal

sure

I can't seem to find any videos of the Tokyopop version. I wanna see if they changed the monumental overtake against Nakazato to have some cheesy rap metal that wouldn't even fit.

Also apparently, Shingo's name was completely unchanged when dubbed, which is odd since he probably has the most Japanese name and he could've easily been called Shane.

I liked both.

But the story on Wangan Midnight it's fucking awful, no development or consistency at all. Although the races were pretty fucking good.

Also Shima's Seiyuu (BlackBird) is the same as Takumi's.

I wish they made another about Wangan racing desu.

Hey Veeky Forums, when I grow up, I want to make an anime similar to Initial D, and one of the featured cars will be a Twingster and a Bedford *overtakes you* Rascal. Would Veeky Forums be down for such a show?

Initial D has terrible animation

You have a fucking anime section on this website and you have to post your cancer here.

Hello newfriend

>be on a website was literally founded so some fag could talk about his waifu in english
>try and tell others that only board that is anime related is /a/

Dumb weeb entertainment. Initial D is fucking disgusting
>autistic male with modded toy boat a
>muh freedom drift
>beats every other car, even superior ones
>message "follow your dreams, just be yourself, you can do it"
Just like Captain Tsubasa running kilometers in the field, having flashbacks of hard times and scoring a goal anyway. Fucking dumb shit, even mexican soap operas have a nice message.

youtu.be/WXJzt4bRWR8

Go to 10:27 he passes a Ferrari in a VW. You have to remember even in a car that accelerates twice as fast, you only get a couple seconds on them really in the straights, taking a corner really well I’m a shitbox will get you much much more distance on your opponent.

Initial D is a pretty good show.

ironic weebs like you don't realize moot literally created /a/ as a containment board because anime was cluttering up /b/
before you say "anime website xddddd", i watch anime (as long as it's not Slice of Life garbage) and don't get triggered by low-effort avatarposting
Initial D is the most Veeky Forums related a show can get
I mean fucking dorifuto kingu supervised it.
Not really. Those stem from stupid faux 80s aesthetics (vaporwave, bright neon lights) combined with katakana cuz its kewl xd

ive seen a fucking near stock ford puma beat a goddamn GTR and 500hp subie and everything below them on a track
initial d is saying what benchracers are too retared to admit: its the driver not the car.

inb4 200 angry weebs reply to this post

hey newfag
/a/ was the first board and moot is a huge weeb.
All first big memes were animu based like desu and over 9k etc

>will never have a kickass kei car.

Nice try lmao

the first board was Anime/Random
lul'd

Anime is allowed on all boards. Nice image though

Is there any hope for a new anime like Initial D?
Even if its not about street racing, it will be nice to have something centered on motorsport.

yes the creator is working on new manga atm.

>tfw watching initaru d in winters
>tfw summer with my tougemon, time attack season and weekly 100-300 car fnf style meets with street races and twistie hunting afterwards is still 3-4 months away

it's not hard to get brainlet, Veeky Forums is an anime imageboard and boards are there to partition the discussion into themes - this partition does not imply that the userbase of a board is not a subset of the whole "anime" userbase - its the opposite: It just means that board like Veeky Forums are anime people talking about automobiles and /g/ is a board where anime fanatics can talk about technology.

nice oldfag RP
the first board was /b/, noted as Anime/Random
moot created /a/ some months after cause the Random part wasn't really being used

like any other person, interests gradually die out, just look at moot's posts circa 2012, most of the fun in his posts were gone, not to mention he started perma using the admin tag
By the way, people who unironically call themselves or others weebs in a sympathetic light are often more than not newfags. I know the term has gradually lost its meaning from overuse but about 80% of the people i spot using that term avatarpost and use meme arrows, which are signs of shitposting, and shitposting is often more than not a sign of newfaginess

i've been on 4chin for a decade I don't even remember the old days but it's always been the same.
I don't care about weebs especially on Veeky Forums as crossover normies, stancefags and polfags are the true cancer

>likes weebs
>hates /pol/
spot the new

I found a youtube channel with the battles on it although some of videos said they were blocked by funimation.

youtube.com/channel/UCWpNYoQzJ3gYDh98EjPSUDg

only /pol/ likes /pol/
Not hard to spot you retarded inbred fags seeing as you ignored other two and I forgot benchracers

mad

>initial d is saying what benchracers are too retared to admit: its the driver not the car

Aint that the truth, when I went to track day in my shitbox Golf (cause I had nothing better to do), two other cars were a Twingo and a Mustang. Of course this was in Germany as Twingos aren't sold in the US. But in any case, apparently the Twingo had an F7P swap and was making 135HP, not a lot but also plenty for a small light car. In any case, the Twingster was being really aggressive on the turns and was eventually tailgating the mustang. Then a turn came in and it snuck in the inside lane before the Mustang did, and slowly outpaced it. Then the mustang floored it and spun out into the empty field, allowing the Twingo to win.

youtube.com/watch?v=hljPsNpo9y4

It's like this scene was recreated IRL, but with a Twingo and Mustang instead of AE86 and R32. I must've witnessed some supreme Veeky Forums magic happen, I should've had a dashcam to record it.

>literally confirming that it comes down to skill

someone recommend me some good uro beet

I like (and finished) initial d but it's the only anime I've actually watched more than one or two episodes of.

none

delete this right now

Have some yurobeat that isn't used in fujiwara zone
youtube.com/watch?v=uTGeBkizALc
youtube.com/watch?v=gY2tC5fBdT4
youtube.com/watch?v=OmziZAKcB8A
youtube.com/watch?v=45zD69bW8PU
youtube.com/watch?v=i1y81USlNOo
youtube.com/watch?v=sE2purreOKU
youtube.com/watch?v=iyJn4vGDn7A

>Initial D
The cup of water really does improve my driving. Smoother inputs get smoother outputs. Average speed goes up while operations costs go down. Going faster and returning 10% better mpg? Yes please!
>Wangan Midnight
They tried. The Japanese tuning scene at that time is still mired in myth and hyperbole.

Here's one I just came across.

youtube.com/watch?v=nS-P4npOoIg

very nice taste, only two songs i recognize

theyre not good at all but its car related so I tolerate it

the memes ruin Initial D tho

if you're talking about the normie memes spammed on youtube like running in the 90s/deja vu and dagumi godlikeness then i agreee

but Veeky Forums inital D memes are the best
cool vibrations man is /ourguy/

all my normie friends send me youtube links to this shit and its fucking embarassing

I've watched like 5 anime series in my life. That said, if you haven't seen inital d you need to get off this board

Plot and character wise Wangan Midnight is WAY better, judging by the first two volumes and three episode I have read/watched.

Weeb was a wordfilter for wapanese. It can't be wapanes it it's actually japanese bruv.

Initial D. Great show but goes downhill after the first season. After the movie is when it's kind of a chore to watch. It also drops some plot point from the manga for no reason.

Wangan feels all over the place. Weird pacing. I'd like to read the manga because I feel the butchered a lot of it. The whole cursed car thing was super retarded because almost every character was a mechanic so they'd knew better... Dat OP theme is super catchy though.

>if you haven't seen inital d you need to get off this board
>not reading it

come on now

is it finished even? shit was so good especially that speed radar scene