Tfw fell for the 3k civic meme

>tfw fell for the 3k civic meme
>things actually turned out all right

Who else /3k civic/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/testosterone-drives-men-to-buy-fast-cars-1.821146
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel for the /3k accord/ meme

3k Camry meme here, haha just kidding I paid fair market value at 5k since I'm a retard, still nice car though.

paid 1800 for my 2001 with a transmission issue and dumped 1400 into fixing it

but the neighbor lady backed into my door and scuffed the paint barely and knocked the mirror off so I got ~900 bucks from insurance and just jb-welded it back on, cool transmission rebate

This is why you don't buy an automatic Civic made before 2006. The manuals will make it to 300k easy though.

I fell for the maximemes

>tfw fell for the 3k miata meme

With the work and time I'll be putting into it I should have bought a $5k miata

Thats generally how it works.
I bought a 1200 maxima and ended up with a 3k maxima, granted most of that was for go-fast parts and not maintenance

Is it supposed to be a 3k civic before repairs/maintenance or after?
>bought 2005 civic for 3k, 125k miles
>CEL went on a week after driving because EGR was bad, 200$ fix
>bad O2 sensor, thankfully downstream so only 50$ fix
>Evap valve had leak, so 40$ fix

That's not counting maintenance (fluid changes, new spark plugs, etc.)
The guy said timing belt had been done so hopefully he wasn't lying

1,500 Focus

i paid 1400 USD for my car and it only has 115,000km on it

not a civic either, still a shitbox tho

>500 dollar e36 325i
>360k
Lasted me 10k miles before the headgasket killed itself. Swapping in a chebby 5.3

I am. $2200 + trade for decrepit Grand Marquis for a base as fuck 2004 Civic. The interior and trunk feel massive for how tiny the car is and I've never gotten under 30 empeegees even on a road trip with four people and a fully loaded trunk. Insurance is dirt cheap, and nothing has gone wrong with it after a year.

Where the fuck are you that you can get a 2007 Accord for only 3k?

This:
>Where the fuck are you that you can get a 2007 Accord for only 3k?

Unless you got an automatic transmission; I head accords had a problem with the automatics that generation at 100k miles

hey that's my favorite steering wheel of all time

paid $3k on the dot for this last November. Got it with 165k mles. It's reliable but boring.

I work for a mechanic/inspection station/dealership and the manager took me to the auctions where I picked it up for 3.2 grand. It had 130k miles on it and I drove it another 80k. So far no transmission problems, but I'm ready for them.

damn I wish I had mad connections like that. KBB says those are worth 5k today

Autotragic or memual?

i fell for the 3k 90s Toyota Corolla meme

Autotragic, but I can always get the parts for cheap and rebuild it myself. Other then regular maintenance like breaks, oil changes, and air filters, I had a problem with a knock sensor and thermostat, but those weren't too expensive. CAP had them for 35 and 15 respectively

The Honda automatic time bomb meme is really overstated. A few models do have some serious problems (6th gen V6 Accords and older Odysseys) but most are fine.

same but e110

>tfw fell for the $2k rusty AW11 meme
It'd probably be cheaper to buy a nice one down the line (when I can afford it) but I'd like to save this one

It's still amazing

It was a manual

I bought it off a mexican who bought it from another mexican a week earlier and didn't even transfer the title

and it originally came from san francisco from the stickers and stuff that were on the car

my guess is the guy fucking sucked at manual and burned the clutch on hills, because I had to replace it two months after I got the car when I drove through mountains and could barely stay in 2nd gear up a hill

>4k cressida
>cracked cam tower
>shot hydraulic lifters
>long crank time
>still drives

Wait till you start losing coolant and realize the block is cracked. At least you have a year warranty left on that free engine replacement.

>tfw gf's dad gave me 05 accord with 153K miles and bad water pump for free
manual 2.4 vtec, silver LX in reasonable shape.
replace water pump, belt, and tensioner, coolant flush, oil change, and couple of things and good to go.
How much could I reasonably jew someone for on CL for this, or, if selling to family or friend how much? Could I get 5K for it? 4?

me too lmao

it's a solid car ngl

Is that a MX-3?
Looks exactly like my MX-3's interior bar the steering wheel, automatic transmisson and airbags.

>Tfw fell for the $2.5k miata meme
Only had to buy a rear brake rotor so far

cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/testosterone-drives-men-to-buy-fast-cars-1.821146

enjoy your shriveled balls

I wish we had these in Soyrope

our Maximas weren't Maximas

My friend had one of those exactly. Amazing car. The 4A-FE is a perfect shitbox engine.

same but the facelift 3ZZ-FE was garbo and just ate oil

bought an 05 civic withh 130K for.......$5400.

FUARK. i was so ignorant and stupid.

car is ugly and small. but gas mileage is soo hnnnngggg.

yessir

Based.
First time I spotted somebody with a MX-3 here.
What year is yours? Mine's a 95.
I recently had to replace the rear suspension and I'm still working out some kinks.

My gf came free with one
Not a huge fan, already had to do the head gasket/timing belt/water pump job
such is the power of the D17A1

Its also a 95

I just replaced rear brake calipers and rotors because they were sticking on. E-brake also stuck on today, but I figured it out

What kinks?

I bought it used and now I'm basically fixing the old owner's mistakes.
The suspension problem was because he had a fucking speaker box in the trunk but just to one side so the suspension there got busted.
I also have to get rid of the Xenon he installed and fix something in the transmission, the 2nd gear is kinda iffy in the first 5 minutes of driving.
There's the leather driver seat that needs some stitching too and I also had to replace the spark plugs.
I bought it real cheap so I ain't complaining.

>here's the leather driver seat

Aw man, I'm always hoping I find a set of those somewhere cheap

And yeah, they are really good cars for the price, providing you can find one.

Yeah, I'm super happy with it and I find it really fuel efficient. I also want to get the original radio for it too.
It's the closest thing I could get to a Miata here in Brazil without having to pay a fuck ton.

$3000 = 200,000 miles plus?

150k miles plus, if you are willing to settle for autotragic

Does /1k Passat/ count?