Tfw spark plug broke off and fell into cylinder

>tfw spark plug broke off and fell into cylinder.

HOW DO I GET IT OUT

You're fucked m8.

Pull the head off.

Time for a new car

Kek, pull the head off, you have smaller broken pieces in the cylinder even if you get the chunk out.

Magnet

>Stupidest tiny think causing days worth of work
I know that feel all too well mate.
I've got to drop my entire subframe to get to a stripped bolt.
I don't even fucking know what I'm going to do since I don't have a lift.
I'm honestly considering just selling the car.

I DONT KNOW HOw to do that. what next?

Buy a hayne manual for your car, and use it to get your heads off.

>Boomer tier advice.

Google a write up for your car.
If it's a V engine prepare your anus.

What else should I tell him? Go watch a youtube video? Just try and do it yourself? The guy is clearly a klutz snapping off spark plugs.

You want some real advice OP, get a mechanic.

I have to drive to work in the morning. theres gotta be another way PLEASE

stripped bolt for what

Im retarded but not that retarded

Just run it with the spark plug in there, then report back

Turn over the engine and catch it when it comes out the exhaust

Get up earlier and call a fucking uber.

>stripped bolt for what
For a shifter linkage that's bushing has completely disappeared.
The car's driveable, but the stick has like 4" of play left and right so finding 2nd and 3rd is hard.
It's a dog leg.

>I have to drive to work in the morning. theres gotta be another way PLEASE
Well I assume it's mostly ceramic in your cylinder, Idk how you could have exploded the electrode and threads in there, but honestly there's not much you can do to ensure engine longevity short of pulling the head.

If I were absolutely not going to pull the head and just wanted to drive to work tomorrow what I would do is pour some heavy oil through the spark plug hole, leave the spark plug out, then crank the car over for a while, then when it quit spitting oil I'd put something thinner, like marvel mystery oil, and crank again until it quit, then put a new plug in and crank at WOT to clear the "flood" of the remaining oil.

But dude you'll at best score your walls, and at worst bend a valve or break a ring. If you've got a turbo you can break the impeller.

post a pic of the spark plug with the pieces missing.

if they're small enough they might work their way through your engine without breaking too much shit. Nissan's official nomenclature with the SE-R sentras was to pull the cat and look for the grub screws that back their way out of the intake manifold.

Hold the car upside down and shake it OP

pull the heads its not that hard

Depends on the car entirely.

Someone with experience on a b16 could pull the head and replace it tonight.

Someone with no experience on a 300zx could easily spend multiple days doing it if all went well.

with one of these

you all are retarded

t. some nigga who ain't never fucking used one of those before.
Try to pick a bunch of little bits of dick out of an area you can't mcfcuking see.
Totes brav.
Totes.

Turn the car on. During compression stroke the force of the piston will launch all of the plug out. be careful though

Wew lad, better get to work and have a set of micrometers handy

>For a shifter linkage that's bushing has completely disappeared.

that blows man

Use an air compressor to blow it out? I'm just spitballing but I don't see how it could hurt anything.

Shop vac.

Just put a new spark plug in, start it up and blow it out the exhaust.

Do you know what cats are?
Do you know what valves are?
Do you know what cylinders are?
Do you know what rings are?
Do you have a micro dick?

Hey at least he's trying, give the guy a break

>ITT: what are borescopes?
u fucked up OP
time to get a bus pass while u sort it out

You have to pull the head off man, don't do the magnet way that everyones suggesting cause there could be small shit that it might miss. You really don't want to risk it, it'll be worse.

Sorry bud, probably gonna have to call an uber to go to work.

This and a milkshake straw

>this one piece of metal will break your engine

Yeah okay Mr parts shill

removal of head

time for a new head gasket and servicing!

Yes.

this one time someone asked me to service his RC car because it wasnt running right

i tested, couldnt get it to run

opened it up

>piece of brass inside cylinder destructod everythig

convinced the shop to give him a new engine, i installed it

a tiny, tiny piece of metal destroyed that engine

I'll let you in on a secret.
A little bit of cold air can ruin your engine, if you run no exhaust manifold, or even open headers you can burn a valve.
A splash of water can ruin your engine, liquid is non-compressible and something will have to give on the compression stroke, usually a rod.
And yes, a small bit of metal, or even rock or sand can destroy your engine.

I've snapped a few spark plugs,never had one "fall into the cylinder"
What part fell in?
I'm calling this thread,and op,fake and gay.
It's not possible.

Yeah I’m not understanding that at all. The worst you can do is strip the threading in the head. How in fucks name would you shoot the spark plug through the well?

using an impact wrench

Where are you OP?
I'm sure some jr type nigga here will help you out.

I remember hearing that a Tylenol sized pills worth of dirt can do about 20,000 miles of wear as compared to a well maintained engine. I'm sure there are some variables,but I always remember that when I hear a kid talk about not using an air filter.

Nope, you would busy the ceramic end,the end the wire goes to,in that case it is much easier to remove the plug.
Short, normal socket instead of plug socket.
How the hell could you fit an impact gun?(I guess that was an example)

What?
Get your plug socket
put an extension on it
adapt your gun from 1/2 to 3/8
????
Profit

I got a similar story.
My brother and I were working on his car trying to figure out what was wrong anyway we pulled out the spark plugs to discover the threads were striping them self out, it occurred to me that there were going to be loads of metal shavings down inside the cylinder, so that involved a lot of trying to clean them out

You are a butcher.

You deserve spark plug parts in your engine

What else do you use impact guns on?
Do you own an impact and compressor?

t.nocar

Ever hear of a magnet and skills?

Way to only read the catalog and just respond like a dipshit, retard.

I remember hearing that a Tylenol sized pills worth of Tylenol can kill a cat

>expanding threads ever
get a life queer

I'm fucking laughing in my bathroom reading this

fuck it start it up and rip it to work, worse comes to worse you get a dead miss oh well you can every other cylinder to pick up the slack

Such a shitty idea.
The only person that takes picks of "Yo,me working on making car,watch out y'all" is the same idiot that would use an impact on a spark plug.
Go ahead tho,so many tow truck companies and so many junk yards can use people like you.
And that still won't drop a plug into the engine,so shit point in a fag thread, retard.

how happen

>spark plug broke off and fell into cylinder.
Never happened.
Liar,whore,liar!

Get a cheap smartphone boroscope. put rtv on the end, probably put it in a ring on the tip so it doesnt obscure the camera. Stick it in there and graberoid on the fuckin ceramic and operation that shit back out. Or crank with spark plug out and atleast it increase your chances of it not going through valves.

Sooooooo fucked op.
Rage on bro.

This method will work, I've done it before.

>t. ASE master technician

he probably over-torqued it

>9.0 battery
My fucking nigger

>Check skin

>"nigger"

>look at skin again

How's that 5litre mustang working out for you?

>5.0
Ew, 5.3 all day I don't fuck with that bullshit

Pretty sure Milwaukee has absolutely dominated the market on cordless impacts for automotive use.
I've got 4ah bratteries too, and they're fine to use on the impacts. But you can easily burn through one at the junkyard with a grinder or sawzawll.

Thanks for proving my point.

I hope you and your sister have a lovely night.

Yep I've used the brushless fuel grinder at the junk yard to remove an axle from an explorer and it barely made it with a 4.0 battery, they don't last long at all in that application.
Haven't tried the 9.0 on the grinder yet.
I've heard people reporting the 9.0 increases torque on the 2763 half inch impact but I haven't seen any actual measurements yet so I'm skeptical.

Turn your engine upside down and shake it until it comes out

I have many cars so it's bound to happen that I will fall into one of your dumb cliches

OP not joking use a vacuum cleaner with some small clear tubing (small enough to get down hole and move around) from the hardware store duct taped to the smallest vacuum end you have. Must get clear tubing so you can see if it comes out or now. Make sure to buy one of those small video cameras if you need to so you can triple check if its all out or not.

these guys knows whats up.

You've apperantly never seen Ford's 2 peice spark plugs for the triton, damn bastards snap faster than someone with PTSD

You sound like a shitty nigger

Never kekked so hard on Veeky Forums
>pick the car up and shake it
>turn the car on and catch it when it comes out the exhaust
>run it with the spark plug in there
Holy shit

The actual piece falling into the cylinder is unheard of on the 5.4 3V. Because the cause of the plug breaking is combustion build up between the spark plug housing and the lower electrode sleeve. The build up holds the plug in place, so when it breaks it doesn't go anywhere.

Crank the car with the spark plug hole bare, and stand back. With any luck it should shoot out, problem solved.

>changing spark plugs on a '00 frontier
>had to basically sit on my battery/frame trying to yank out the cable for the 6th plug
>wires obviously got munched from this so i had to go buy those too
>needed to buy TWO sets of extenders to even fucking reach the plugs
>dropped a plug in a particularly fucked spot, forcing me to go buy ANOTHER one
>now after everything's all said and done it's still idling like shit
>can't see if replacing the distributor cap did anything because the alarm won't fucking shut up if the battery's even conncected

>It's not possible.
Broken shards of ceramic can fall in an open spark plug hole. They are super hard, and non-magnetic, lol.

I have an idea! Get a Shopvac, place the suck-tech over the port, disconnect the fuel pump relay and crank it a few times. point a flashlight in that shit til you get it out and call it a day

So you remote the spark plug,them turn it upside down,then break the ceramic.
You deserve it.
A spark plug can NOT fall into a cylinder.
Even if you use an impact and super over tighten it all that will happen is stripped threads.
OP is not a troll,just a retard trying to pretend he has worked on a car.

Why?

What if you impact the plug until it cuts new threads and then goes all the way in?

>clubbed fingernails
>long Sperg talons
Veeky Forums: The picture

Are my hands pretty enough user-kun?

At least you trim your nails and have decent taste in guns..

The ceramic insulator extends all the way to the inside of the plugs ya dingus. It's totally possible for it to break and have shards fall into the cylinder.

Turn the car upside down and shake it out.

if its just the ceramic, then the engine will crush it easily without much damage crank it over by hand and then suck out the pieces.

I still can't get it out. going to have it towed to a mechanic tomorrow. FML

Try harder

maybe you can create some kind of contraption with silly putty on the end of a stick to try and pick up

Have you tried cranking it with the hole uncovered? It is worth a shot before you go to the expense of getting it towed

Rotate crank by hand till that cylinder is at the bottom then use this tool. Or blow compressed air in the hole and get lucky

crank to tdc and shoot a bunch of compressed air into the cylinder, you might blow it out

dumb idea but better than fucking driving on it eh

Use a magnet and a sting and probably buy a car or engine that is less shitty.

It will fuck up your cylinder head and then you will be crying.

Just listen to all those smart anons and drive it around. Worst that'll happen is the world loses another 1997 shitbox.