/pg/ - Persona General

Previous: Take Your Heart Tuesday Edition

NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle announced, will feature P4 cast: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-announced-features-persona-4-arena/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Obligatory Makoto post

She's mine /pg/

Annfags make me sick.

Kawakami a kawacutie

TAKEBA TUESDAY!

It would remove the sting from Sae's palace completely and also dull the entire cat and mouse game.

On my first playthrough I found akechi to be fascinating as a nemesis until he joined the party. He had the PT's fucking number and was 2 steps ahead the whole time, you could tell he knew exactly what was going on and was toying with you.

On my second playthrough however I noticed that he merely listened in on two conversations, one in which Ryuji says "It's not easy being phantom thieves" before the pancakes line, and another where the entire metaverse is explained to Makoto and if you back out Akechi's standing ten feet away staring at a wall conspicuously.

Akechi was never actually a genius detective, he just got lucky, so removing the illusion of genius created by him being a background character would eliminate basically any of the appeal he ever had.

Kawaclaimed.
Kawawriter and stuff.
Good morning, /pg/

What do Marie and Margaret think of each other? Do they consider each other sisters? Friends? Good aquaintances?

Rude. I love her
How did he get his powers in the first place? What do you think the scene was like? Did he was inside a palace? Why did he choose the wrong path right from the start? This kind of things is why I think the character got such a poor treatment

F

You still consume SP in safe mode!

If you're doing a dungeon that has tons of resist/reflect/immune physical like I think....Okumara had...it turns into a huge pain in the ass because you're still consuming a limited resource to deal with enemies no matter if you could kill them in a single auto-attack or not.

Where are my Pixie doujins?

I love Ann.

Good morning fellow Kawabro.

Assuming that you could also rank up his S.Link like other Phantom Thieves, you'd probably get a lot more people fooled into thinking that he was one of them, and more people shocked at his betrayal. As it is now, Akechi stands out both in the story and gameplay as separate from the others.

Then again, I don't think Akechi's betrayal was ever meant to be a major twist, the twists were in how you dealt with it and the entire core of Mementos story.

if you love her so much why don't you marry her haha

Kawawhore.

> Goro
> Lucky
I'm starting to suspect the pancakes thing wasn't just to show that he's likely Black Mask but also that Goro has been trailing you well enough to actually be able to understand Morgana in the real world.

> Why did he choose the wrong path right from the start?
I guess my issue here is that we know Goro specifically offered the use of his rampage ability which makes it really unlikely that he wanted to be a murderer, but because no one would ever care about his life the only justice Goro has for himself is that people either die or he does, and if daddy orders it he does it. That is to say, he probably didn't know his dad was a much worse bastard than he imagined until he couldn't back out.

The twist with him I think is that he's a Wild Card, because you seriously could not see that coming unless you realized something's off regarding the Black Mask thing and how he has a Persona weak to an element he uses.

Ann!!

Disgusting

One of this days, one of this days.

Safe Mode is definitely easier, but fair enough, it could be reworked to allow more SP recovery/less SP usage.

Also if they'd do this, then everything could use some minor tweaks. Enemies that are strong against physical would be rarer, whilst mini-bosses could have more resist physical to play up how they'd be gatekeepers for players that didn't conserve SP.

I'd like to mention though that I'm happy with Persona's difficulty. It's enough to be challenging at times but not too challenging that I just want to quit. I'd prefer that any of these suggestions be a separate mode.

Futaba is for headpats and kisses from Joker

The more I look at what Goro says the more I'm convinced he actually identified you by the time of Madarame's Palace which is why he keeps coming to talk to you about the Phantom Thieves and didn't tell Shido for whatever reason. Wonder why though.

Goro would have been a million times better as a girl.

Him not being able to back out isn't the issue since he could always try to attempt Shido's palace but never did even once, not even to see if it was too difficult for him to attempt. The issue is that he cared way more about being needed by someone than having any kind of a moral center, so he came up with his "I'm just killing people that are evil" lie so he would continue going through with it.

*Yusuke

Time to Button Mash!

Joker loves Ann.

Explain the emo sperg during his boss fight. "I just want to kill you I don't care about Shido anymore". His character is a mess.

Little boy is yandere for us, duh!

he berserks himself during the fight

Turning himself psychotic?
Usually when you're turned into a literal psychotic mess you don't say things you usually say.
Hell I say shit I wouldn't usually say just when slightly pissed

I think thats reaching.

What? He literally tells you when he sees his cognitive double that he always wondered what would happen on the off chance that he tried tearing through his dad's Palace.

Joker found friends and had a stable life before that in spite of having a 'criminal record'. When you consider how much of a goddamned mess Goro's life has been for being born it's not hard to see why he admires Joker's personality while hating him especially when you consider he got cockblocked from basically everything remotely resembling a good relationship.

Canon

I HATE IT

Why didn't he reconsider his actions the moment he met Joker then? I don't think it was too late at the moment, yet he keeps being emo about it. If he truly wanted to be friends with him and change he would have at least consider the possibility

Do we know if it's going to have a story mode?

I don't think we know anything at this point. I imagine it will have something, but it will be a silly thing.

It's not reaching if a real life version exists and Akechi does a magic enhanced version of it.
People say shit they don't mean when emotionally unwell in real life, so why can't Akechi say shit he doesn't mean when he's turned into the absolute most insane a person can get?

>I don't think it was too late at the moment
He's killed quite a few people by that point, including Futaba's mother

Isn't it the same skill shadow Sae uses?

It explains itself. Joker being alive and fighting him is a complete rejection of all the lies he built up to get to that point. Joker has everything that he doesn't, and he isn't a fake, and just before this he gives his attic trash speech. And then he uses Loki on himself when he has no option other than to accept that he actually has a huge complex.

I am aware of that, read the post again. He never tried to go through Shido's palace because if he did he never would've made a remark like that, that is the whole point of that line.

It still fucking baffles me how that trash that is RWBY got popular, let alone as a Gaijin made product in Japan to warrant this.
It looks like steaming hot trash that makes Knights of Sidonia's shitty CG look like the Gantz CG Movie
Hell it looks worse than Berserk 2016

cute designs

No, are you retarded?

>attic trash speech
Rude

It's way too late to make friends with them in particular, and it's not as though he isn't extremely jealous of him which is another thing he tries to mask with justice.

Except they look like shit.

Skull's pretty good!

Not him. But technically it is tho, just with a painted coat of "magic" that makes shadows "rage"

Reminder that Akechi is canonically in the closet and wants to kiss Joker in the lips

>tfw Goro's laughing in the victory scene fits pretty much in everything as a reaction image

Desperation =/= Call of Chaos. For one you can only use Desperation on yourself, while Call of Chaos you can use on anything with a heart including yourself and give out instructions to things you've used it on.

Goro is the Justice Arcana for a reason, he's quite amoral in the sense of preserving his life but do you seriously think he would believe he deserves forgiveness when he's already killed Wakaba by then and probably knew she had a daughter? He probably thought in his own idiotic way too that he's the only one who can deal with his dad, seeing that he mentioned Shido was already pretty high-ranking when he was 15. That's pretty much why he wished he could have met Joker way back, because it shows Goro would have chosen a better path if he could have.

Exactly, also he tells you something like how adults just use children who do what they're told at the TV station with a cheery smile which shows that he must be seriously broken when you consider he's probably 1) Talking about himself 2) Referring to his hit jobs 3) Aware no one will actually understand what the fuck he's going on about. He says all those things because seeing people like him get a better shot at life when he couldn't in spite of everything he did is pretty much like pouring salt water on someone dying from a gun shot, you know?

>let alone as a Gaijin made product in Japan to warrant this.
Japan ends up loving tons of Western stuff like this. And the influence has been going both ways for a while now.

Just in the lips?

Essentially. Goro is justice because he has a very clear idea of what consists of right and wrong, one that we know he built from a young age just because of how his spirit of justice costume turned out, yet won't commit to it until the very end because of his distorted desires.

best mc is Tatsuya

Am I Goro?

Skull, what're you doing!?

My point is that Goro isn't a complete idiot, he's observed Shido long enough to realize romping through his Palace isn't going to be a thing he can reasonably do.

You are if you're gay for Joker

That's a funny way to spell Door

I don't want to be Goro

This.

>isn't a complete idiot
Shido used him from the start and he never considered he was going to get killed by him

You mean Aigis

Tatsuya is the second best. The best one is Joker.

how do we improve Goro as a character /pg/?

Take most of /pg/'s suggestions and do the opposite.

make him a girl

This

Tatsuya is exiled for the Universe's sake, pay respects to him. Joker and Yu didn't do shit.

Him and Door are the true saviors.

>Embryo is a combination of both Yaldaboth and Kamoshida's worst traits. Yaldaboth's desire to control humanity and Kamoshida being a perv who thinks he is a pimp

Ange will be quick friends with Ann from that experience.

but that upsets the gender balance, who of the PT do we turn male then?

If they were that good they wouldn't be dead and in better selling games.

While we're still talking about Goro I just want to say that no matter what happens, even if Atlus sells out completely, I don't want to hear anything along the lines of "Goro did nothing wrong" come out of any mouth but the PT's. This is because the PT's perspective is supposed to be the one without an ounce of objectivity to it that you aren't supposed to be taking as the one true way all the time like it was in the last few games. I would almost be content with that because at least that way Wada will have demonstrated that he and his writers did not forget Hashino's plan for addressing morality.

I can't pic one because they're all good

Joker

Piercy is still up there for me

So P4 is better than P5 because it sold more overall with P4G sales counted

: ' )

I would say he absolutely couldn't either, because you can't tell a kid who lost his mother to suicide and has been passed from foster home to foster home seeing other such abandoned children that justice exists. It makes him so much sadder as a character when you see that he really wants to believe in things like friends and he really did find a good friend, but constant trauma and the need to save his own skin forever pushed him off that path.

You know everyone who says that he should be punished for the murders he did? Well, he's already been condemned worse just for being born and I wouldn't doubt for a second that he believes that's exactly what will happen.

It's called cognitive dissonance, Goro all but spells out to you that the person committing the murders is being controlled by someone in one of the IM chats and when he saw his double he said 'Seems like something he'd do'. That's to say deep down he recognizes it but recognizing that he's absolutely fucked means jack all when escaping would lead to death anyway.

Fair enough. Jesus-kun and Tatsuya are the best, Joker is my favorite tho.

Piercy is the worst one, he has literally nothing going for him
>muh vidya
>I'm fast at running

ok gorofags you explain then
why would goro like joker at all if there was no romance whatsoever in his head

Yes

>both girl Joker and Akechi
Nice. My /u/ fagness us tingling

chad is my favorite

>confronts his shadow
>said shadow says he's a cool guy and goes back to playing vidya
>can cast MOTHERFUCKING MEGIDOLA
>initial and ultimate personas are cool as fuck.
>only MC to get kissed by the main heroine

Piercy is a top notch MC

Reminder that there are only 15 (fifteen) days until August 2nd

But that's Yu. His alias is Bob

He is gay and besides. You can be friends without wanting to fuck your friend. Don't you have friends user?

you mean 15 days until disappointments
Well At least /pg/ maybe will finally die

He's Justice because he acts like a Justice character. Same reason Kanji is Emperor, his personality is nothing like that arcana but he's obsessed with what makes a man and his role in society. The arcanas don't represent the character so much as the character's primary conflict.