/ovg/ - First Turn Chaos edition

Veeky Forums's premiere highly intelligent automobile video game discussion thread

Previous Thread at Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Spam the James emoji on the Discord
>Discord id: hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing rFactor and AC on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

get-good.net/index.php?title=/ovg/_Szilveszter_Rally_2017
twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/937679384420503553
youtu.be/IHgFAhEmfkk
amazon.com/Profile-Glides-Glide-Finish-70175/dp/B001MS70J8/ref=pd_sim_196_3/134-8407634-2337258?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TEG67S46NBBRFZ61GWJ3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The btcc server is now running barbagallo for eveyone to practice.
Be very careful though, because the sand trap will bog you down hard. Yes, even the A4s will be in trouble in them.
And as always send your skins in the adress above.

Name a better game

midtown madness 2

arma 3: gocart edition

In terms of modern hardcore sims, there really isn't any.

Counting all racing games, that title goes to Burnout 3.

rf2
r3e
iracing
lfs
rf1
hue rf1

>Not Paradise
Every day you lose more credibility.

get-good.net/index.php?title=/ovg/_Szilveszter_Rally_2017

Threadly reminder that regs for the rallyfactor event are up on the wiki, if you’re considering doing the event you must read it

Fiat 124 or miat?

>Modern
>Hardcore
Compared to what?

Fiata

5 cents have been deposited to your account. Now fuck off.

5 cents have been deposited to your WMD account

while youre here, how in gods name did you find the time to write daily blog posts for years? did you not have a job and just sort of hoped youd make a name for yourself?

Unhealthy doses of tism and delusion

He is out for blood, ready to bravely call out devs and simdads on their bullshit. Except when it comes to Project Cars 2.
tl;dr he's just a paid shill that thinks he is the breitbart of simracing.

>When responding to your own post

No.

That doesn't mean they're bad mind you, just not as nice as the raceroom ones

Hey guys so how's that new gran autismo goin?

Game died in a week

Burnout didn't need to be an open world game.

I used to be a contract worker for Enterprise Rent-A-Car. We had a rapid turnover rate and most managers sucked/showed up to work drunk (to be fair I liked the drunk, he was friendly). Basically if you stayed more than a month, they'd let you do whatever because that was their way of keeping you around. I was there for three years. I feel like I had every perk imaginable, and then some.

Car rental places are only busy during holidays/travel periods, so we had probably the most downtime you'll ever experience at any job. The place was also falling apart cause it was built shoddily and required routine hydro-vac maintenance, which would shut us down for 4-5 hours of an 8 hour shift. Once the site got going, I'd use the downtime to write entire articles on my phone. Some days I'd walk to the airport terminal, buy lunch, sit in the observation deck, and go hard for like two hours.

Dead. Barely 10 hours of single player mode. Lobby mode is full of free roaming VGT lobbies and drift faggots. Sport mode is basically a shit series simulator.
After not playing since highway folded Gr3 I gave it a go this morning. Entered Sport mode. Immediately dismissed the Miata race because road cars handle like aids. Tried the Gr4 race but noticed the Megane was OP as fuck, didn't bother with a second race. Didn't even consider the Gr3 race because Blue Moon Bay is a shit track, PD has no idea what oval racing is supposed to be about, and in any case oval racing just doesn't work with high downforce GT cars.
Turned the PS4 off and probably won't turn it on until the GT mode update drops, just because I don't want to miss the disappointment.

I skated by the first two championships in dirt rally fairly easy, but professional is fucking me in the ass. im racing group b cars. any tips? i know they have been said a thousand times but im looking for the key that will raise my lap times.

is it perhaps just because i dont have my car upgraded at all yet? i hate the upgrade system

upgrade your shit

You know that because you move up in difficulty, you dont have to run a new class right? You can just do all difficulties in one or two cars.

Why do 90% of the fuckers on touge life race grip?
Though I have to admit passing more powerful cars on turns 3 and 5 while drifting an mx5 nd is hilarious

probably because not losing traction makes you faster

also, jdm culture attracts shitters like nothing else. enter any anyhow jap-related server and feel like a god even if you're mediocre at best. touges, nurburgring jap pack, random jap car races that are sometimes popular

Forza 7 in Windows 10 is just broken. Every 2 races I get crash to desktop.

Thanks, MS.

how much RAM? i still crash quite often but its gotten way better since i went up to 16 gigs

>Windows 10 is just broken
This is new for you? og goy

Corollary question, how much VRAM? I remember Horizon 3 being a bitch on "low" VRAM GPUs.

Did you just get your check for November ?

Has anyone tried the newest WRC game?
Is it work any time at all?

Should I get a relatively cheap wheel or wait a month and get a g27?

r8 my B-class weebwagon
folded over 1000 times

A G27 is a relatively cheap wheel

Ravioli/10

I mean should I get a 100 dollar shit wheel and wait 2 months to get a g27 or just have no wheel and continue to play GT6 on DS3 for 1 month

>I-It's dead guize!

twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/937679384420503553

>hardcore
he used that word again

>Gran turdismo
>Single player

Literally pass the drone simulator, if you can follow any competent racing line there's no way GT ai can beat you lol

It's pretty good. The stages are top tier

Come back when you have concurrent player data. The game sold well because it's a household name and one of the best game to test your 4K HDR TV.
In other pointless stats:
>not even 55% of the playerbase bothered to do the Racing Etiquette Lessons and those are 5 minutes videos in total and unlock the fucking Sport mode which is like, THE reason you'd buy GT Sport.
>32% reached level 15 which should only take a dozen hours
>less than 30% Bronzed the Driving School (10% golded it)
>10% unlocked the "Drive for 24 hours" trophy so 90% of the people that bought the game lost interest in less than a month.

save up and get the good shit man you wont ragret it

If you wanted any more proof the game is dead, observe how the car is alone on the track

How much are you looking to spend on a G27? I have one that's in perfect condition and I still have the box which is also in perfect condition. I just got a T300 599XX Alcantara so the G27 is just sitting around.

I'm on disability due to a car accident so i'm strapped for cash was probably gonna buy one in early feb I'm not sure if I want a used one though

Brand new G27s don't exist anymore

Might as well get a T150 then desu.

Eh, they do. Just insanely expensive.

Raceroom Big Grid Test Race

youtu.be/IHgFAhEmfkk

ovg may or may not be in this

/ovgRRRE/ when?

This game can be downright horrifying at times

you mean ogc

>buying games before the GOTY edition with all DLCs is released
it's like you're actively trying to be ripped off

There's tons of open lobbies, FIA races are packed for all 5 time slots, and Sport races always have people in them too. I wouldn't really call it "dead". Also, sauce for these delicious stats?

What are your Driver and Safety ratings? Kinda hard to have fun when you're driving with dirty shitters.

they had g29s on sale for like $200 over black friday. Plus G27s are discontinued. I'd save and wait for a G29 to go on sale again.

>height 1.5m

I had no idea James was so tall.

>paradise
>better than 3
someone either never played 3 or is flatout retarded
>shilling for a game that's 13 years old
someone's not too bright
burnout 3 is basically the best arcade racer ever made

t. Scottie

Trophies for the stats. And you do realise you only need 20 people online in each skill level to get ""packed"" races with people in them?
There's a reason Sony always only ever releases sales and not concurrent players.

円6 have been deposited to your account

DR A (nearly S) SR S
When the Gr3 race isn't shit it's not too bad a game, especially since the last update made the matching process not painfully slow. Gr4 is a lot worse because of the constant meta car issues.
But anything involving an oval in GT Sport is just worthless. It's unfathomably bad.

G29s are not reliable like the G27, I know at least 5 people that I race with online that have had them break.

Might as well get a T150 Pro or a regular T150 and try to find some Logitech pedals.

I've done FIA races at the same time as friends trying to get matched together, it usually doesn't work.

What are those?

I refuse to do ovals too, I won't subject my SR to that. I like the one make races personally, makes it more about the driver than who found out what car is OP this week.

>Height: 1.49 m
>Career end: 2017

I'd do one make races if they weren't in street cars because street cars handle like horseshit

>that time somebody printed out a picture of james, came on it, and the janny deleted it

They had that Cayman GT4 onemake a couple days ago. Also, they updated the way street cars handle in 1.06. FFs still understeer under power like a mad cunt though.

>ywn fly all the way to canada and get james to hand you the keys to some shitbox

4plebs link or it didn't happen

Just do it agian.

Why does the m4 look low and sleek af in person but looks like a chunky bus on forza. The e92 doesn't suffer from this

>nothing is better than pcars
>you guys r dum, burnout is 13 y/o

Why must I post among brainlets

Because when you see it on the road it's next to shit blob cars instead of actually sleek cars?

Ok but when I see e92s they look just as sleek irl and still looks sleek in forza
It just doesn't look as wide

*in forza as it does irl

DAILY REMINDER JAMES CHEATS BY USING MODDED STEERING LOCK VALUES

Daily reminder James cheats by using .dds exploits

I only ever read /ovg/ when I'm scrolling by it but I might race this weekend.

Are you one of those groups that thinks having a car be magically faster than someone elses even when they have the same upgrades and driver is fair? If so, you're tarded.

Tuning is cheating, thats all there is to it and anyone who disagrees needs their cheater tunes to win.

Get fucked tuner faggots. Drive the cars the way they are supposed to be. I shouldn't have to tune. I'm not going to. I don't know how to do it and anyone that does has an unfair advantage.

>The Premium Pack contains ALL of the content currently available, and will unlock more than 100 cars and 25+ tracks for endless hours of driving pleasure. With one single purchase you will get everything the game has to offer at this particular moment.

>being a setuplet

Ok

>know nothing about cars
>try to emulate racing that requires knowledge about cars
>complain when said racing against people who know stuff about cars requires knowledge about cars to win
ok bye

Tuning IS cheating. Left foot braking is also cheating

how is that possible?

nice get

amazon.com/Profile-Glides-Glide-Finish-70175/dp/B001MS70J8/ref=pd_sim_196_3/134-8407634-2337258?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TEG67S46NBBRFZ61GWJ3

Do you think these will stop my Ikea's Markus chair from moving when I press the pedals? Im tired of using a shitty wood chair.

This is the type of floor I have.

The g27 brake is really stronk. Im scared nobody will be able to stop the force it creates when you brake and I will be stuck with nigger chairs. Reee i want my confi Ikea chair to race

How's the free custom content in rFactor 2 nowadays?

rFactor had so much free content. Im tired of the same shit on all modern games. Asseto Corsa has the same free content i've seen for years on the asseto.club website, rFactor 2 workshop is full of pay to download shit.

Given that rFactor 2 is the only simulator and the rest are nigger toys, what can be done?

make content yourself and release it for free

Is there any way to improve the driving model in BeamNG? Bought it during the Steam sale and have been playing it with a wheel+pedals and it feels pretty bad. I think there's some recommended setting/config that I don't know about because driving in AC feels a million times better.

>Given that rFactor 2 is the only simulator and the rest are nigger toys, what can be done?
go back to rfactor because it will never be surpassed

OVG vs 「 T H E W O R L D 」

ROUND 212

SIMDAD HELL

taking out the trash eat shit bitch

Why do we like RaceRoom again?

shadow goverment gets dunked in the dumpster where he belongs